New ideas of perks that could be offered

cruisequeen4ever

12 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Probably not possible as I don't believe it is no longer metered by the minute, just by the day.

Correct. When they comped me for missing a port when I needed to reserve my time in WhyLine I was comped 24 hrs. Cannot comp for less than that

Realistically, any perks will be similar to the internet perk; diluted and redundant with other packages.  No more freebees.  That said, I still like the OPs suggestion - just have to frame any suggestions with things that will be cost neutral for Princess or potentially drive more business.

IE early access to dine my way.  I could see them offering early access to upgrade bids.  Perhaps since the ships are getting so big, have a bypass line for platinum and elite port access when the ship first pulls into port.

2 hours ago, NownZen said:

The point of a perk is that it is of benefit to me not them.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.  I think the point of a perk is to give you something that you perceive to be a benefit to you, but which in fact does not cost the cruise line any revenue.  It can be a "loss leader" that costs them money up front, which they are fairly certain that they will get back plus some in the end. Giving you free corkage takes money out of their pocket if you are the type of person who always brings on your own wine.  Of course there is a benefit to you.  But I don't see how they can make back that lost revenue. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

18 hours ago, Bwana Tom said:

I'd just be happy if they wouldn't erode the perks we currently have. I'm sure any changes coming in the future will not be in the best interest of the cruisers. 

This.  In my emails from Princess, there is this line that says "We are humbled by your loyalty."  I have wondered, I must admit, if spell check changed "horrified" to "humbled" and nobody caught it.  😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kay S said:

This.  In my emails from Princess, there is this line that says "We are humbled by your loyalty."  I have wondered, I must admit, if spell check changed "horrified" to "humbled" and nobody caught it.  😉

You are close.  The word was supposed to be "humored".

• Like 1

Wow!  I really thought this was going to be a fun discussion of things they could do for us?  I expected things ranging from funny to creative but didn't expect all this negativity.  I guess that is where the Princess consumer is right now (and I totally understand everyone's negativity!).    

I just thought thought thread was going to be a fun way to discuss what they could do for us.

Here's mine:  Not just priority tender but our own tendering system to and from port.  (Now go ahead and slam all the reasons why that wouldn't be doable if you want.)

• Like 2

Just now, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Here's mine:  Not just priority tender but our own tendering system to and from port.  (Now go ahead and slam all the reasons why that wouldn't be doable if you want.)

Challenge accepted.  The priority tendering already exists in the form of early, no ticketed transportation.  Having your own system would imply that if a priority passenger does not avail herself of the early option, then when she walks up to the departure area, this "own tendering system" would necessitate a special tender ready to whisk her ashore ahead of everyone else in line, with no one else allowed to board that vessel.  Picture in your mind's eye that scenario where a tender that holds 200 people departs with one person on it while 500 other people are in line waiting to board a tender.  Now imagine what the scene would look like if, while that special tender was making its journey, one more priority person showed up and was allowed to board a private tender whilst they wait. Chaos and violence would ensue. Early departure with no waiting is sufficient.  A private shuttle two hours later when there is a substantial line to go ashore would be obnoxious and cost inefficient.   

22 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Wow!  I really thought this was going to be a fun discussion of things they could do for us?  I expected things ranging from funny to creative but didn't expect all this negativity.  I guess that is where the Princess consumer is right now (and I totally understand everyone's negativity!).    

I just thought thought thread was going to be a fun way to discuss what they could do for us.

Reality does not equal negativity.

Let's not be modest with your suggestion about tendering. Let's go for helicopter shuttle for tender ports.

52 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.  I think the point of a perk is to give you something that you perceive to be a benefit to you, but which in fact does not cost the cruise line any revenue.  It can be a "loss leader" that costs them money up front, which they are fairly certain that they will get back plus some in the end. Giving you free corkage takes money out of their pocket if you are the type of person who always brings on your own wine.  Of course there is a benefit to you.  But I don't see how they can make back that lost revenue. 

The point for me is that at $20/bottle I will not bring on wine.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ombud said:

On my last cruise there were 1200+ elites. Divide that by the 14 open mornings and you have 85 elites per day plus suites. Not 600 but how many does Sabatinis hold? Can it accommodate another 85 per day? Ya wanna read all the angry posts by Elites (of which I'm one) that either cannot get in on their morning of choice or at all? Or should everyone be told they need to eat in less than an hour? No lingering over a cup of coffee? Or does Princess just omit well attended arts & crafts??

Suggest we keep brainstorming .... 

I agree. They would have to create more tiers above Elite for that to happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I agree. They would have to create more tiers above Elite for that to happen. 

Suggest Premier Elite:

1. 1000 days

2. Bouquet (retail value $50) each cruise (minimal staff time. Staff time = $$$)

3. 1 specialty breakfast

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Suggest Premier Elite:

1. 1000 days

2. Bouquet (retail value $50) each cruise (minimal staff time. Staff time = $$$)

3. 1 specialty breakfast

As long as I can have a wish list can I be 29 again with the free time & financial resources I now have??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, NownZen said:

The point for me is that at $20/bottle I will not bring on wine.

And I am exactly the opposite.  The ability to pull wines from my cellar and drink them on board for $20 is bargain.  A week of drinking the equivalent wines purchased on board would cost me more than the cruise itself. I choose Princess largely because of its generous corkage program.  I don't need them to mess around with it as it would only get worse. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

And I am exactly the opposite.  The ability to pull wines from my cellar and drink them on board for $20 is bargain.  A week of drinking the equivalent wines purchased on board would cost me more than the cruise itself. I choose Princess largely because of its generous corkage program.  I don't need them to mess around with it as it would only get worse. 

We have different styles as I would never buy the high priced premium wines on the ship. Your way works for you and that is good.

49 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

Why would a business that’s trying to make money let people bring wine aboard. Such a head scratcher. 

Because we are already paying for drinks on board with the Plus package so when we bring wine on board, it saves Princess money.

By the way Oceania does not care if you bring wine on board. We were on an extended cruise where the official line was three bottles at a time (not per port). I went in and out with three bottles at a time until I asked and they said they did not care so I brought in more than that on succeeding trips to the store at the port.

4 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Challenge accepted.  The priority tendering already exists in the form of early, no ticketed transportation.  Having your own system would imply that if a priority passenger does not avail herself of the early option, then when she walks up to the departure area, this "own tendering system" would necessitate a special tender ready to whisk her ashore ahead of everyone else in line, with no one else allowed to board that vessel.  Picture in your mind's eye that scenario where a tender that holds 200 people departs with one person on it while 500 other people are in line waiting to board a tender.  Now imagine what the scene would look like if, while that special tender was making its journey, one more priority person showed up and was allowed to board a private tender whilst they wait. Chaos and violence would ensue. Early departure with no waiting is sufficient.  A private shuttle two hours later when there is a substantial line to go ashore would be obnoxious and cost inefficient.   

And with that, I’m done. Good times and fun have left the Princess board. 

Topic: New ideas for perks that could be added.

Are you all paying attention to what is happing over at Carnival?

They just announced no more free room service and came out with a menu of items and the new costs.

The one that caught my eye was a Peanut Butter and Jelly on toast sandwich with cookie and chips.  $5.00 along with another 18% service charge or .90 cents. 

What goes with Carnival, Princess could soon follow along with as they try to pay down the huge amount of debit that they piled up the last two years. 

Bob

6 minutes ago, 4x4bob said:

Topic: New ideas for perks that could be added.

Are you all paying attention to what is happing over at Carnival?

They just announced no more free room service and came out with a menu of items and the new costs.

The one that caught my eye was a Peanut Butter and Jelly on toast sandwich with cookie and chips.  $5.00 along with another 18% service charge or .90 cents. 

What goes with Carnival, Princess could soon follow along with as they try to pay down the huge amount of debit that they piled up the last two years. 

Bob

That would suck.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suekel said:

That would suck.  

They are trying to maximize yield per passenger.  There comes a point where the difference between Princess and other lines like Oceania and Azamara gets small enough to make them much more attractive. Plus they have smaller ships.

• Like 1

How about ... when you reach a certain loyalty level, Princess stop trying to sell you worthless merchandise, and less than honest sales pitches from the contractors that they have on board along with the ones that they have at the cruise ports.  Even better if they would stop trying to sell you something every time you turned around on the ship.  I was fortunate to have been warned of this before my first Princess cruise, but since I had worked in consumer protection I found their pitches laughable.  But then I realized that there were probably passengers who were falling victim to them.

1 hour ago, SiliconCruiser said:

How about ... when you reach a certain loyalty level, Princess stop trying to sell you worthless merchandise, and less than honest sales pitches from the contractors that they have on board along with the ones that they have at the cruise ports.  Even better if they would stop trying to sell you something every time you turned around on the ship.  I was fortunate to have been warned of this before my first Princess cruise, but since I had worked in consumer protection I found their pitches laughable.  But then I realized that there were probably passengers who were falling victim to them.

How about, if you don't like it, don't make silly comments?