The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 28th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning friends!  It was 51F and clear when we went for our walk in the dark at 6:20 am. Saw one deer.  We are still expecting rain here on Friday and Saturday but it looks like Ian is going to curve and not come straight north through Georgia.  So glad DGD is on the east coast of Florida hunkering down, even though Jupiter has had lots of rain and even tornado warnings.  Prayers for all in the path of this very dangerous nearly cat. 5 hurricane!🙏  Terri @Cruzin TerriI hope there is some way the roads would be cleared for you by Sunday and the flights aren't cancelled all over the place.  Very uncertain times!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet Report.  I can celebrate Drink Beer Day even though I don't like it. The beer business provided an income for DH for 29+ years plus put our two kids through college.  No student loans for them and believe me they appreciate it.  I love good neighbor day!  I hope I am one and have quite a few good neighbors around me.  A salute to public lands.  What a lovely quote from Mother Teresa!  No thank you today to the menu suggestion, the red wine and the drink.  Nha Trang is just as @MISTER 67said.  Thank you for your service and also prayers you and your neighbors are safe during this hurricane.  We toured Nha Trang on our 2010 Diamond Princess Asia to Alaska cruise.  Photos coming up! It will take me a little longer to post them because this is the first time Nha Trang has been port of the day so no link to a different post for photos.  

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor updating our Care and Celebration lists.  I said my prayers for all earlier this morning.  Cheers to the celebrants.  Terri @Cruzin TerriI understand your reasoning for moving back home during the storm, and hope you can find somewhere to go once Ian passes by.  (But I'm really hoping you get to go on that trip!)  Debbie @dfishcongrats on the contract on your new home!  We are so excited for you!  Thanks for the menu recipes and photos, too.  Terry @smitty34877what a shame the aide has Covid and now you must all wait to see what happens in your household.  I hope you can get some help while the aide is quarantining.  Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserthank you for your DH's photo of Jupiter.  That is awesome!  And we're happy to hear things are moving along on the surgeries for him as well.  Finally some movement, right?  Jacqui @kazuI hope you can get safely to your therapy session.  Strange these weather patterns.  Once in a while we would notice rain every weekend for 10 weeks in a row.  It's a real bummer!  Take care, and I hope your discussion with your friends yields confirmation on that holiday cruise.🚢

Going to get some photos now.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning from a very rainy and dark day at the beach

I truly appreciate my neighbors , we all pitch in to help when we can. I think there is going to more of that in the next few days.

Publix lands are important to all of us and need to be preserved. Not a beer drinker.

@dfish Debbie, Congratulations on your new home. I wish you evert happiness in your new adventure.

I received an email from HAL this AM and there are many changes to our itinerary. Its Ok, just happy to be able to go at all.

We are in for the duration. We will not get the same intensity as @MISTER 67 on the west coast. We are currently expecting 60-70 mile an hour winds and heavy rain. Storm shutters will go down shortly. I always feel like I am in a cave!  The ocean is loud and angry. All whitecaps. Storm surge will probably cover the dunes but sand can be replaced and as long as everyone is safe, that is what is important.

Ann @cat shepard  Looks like Volusia is going for a ride. Be safe!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

@dfishcongrats on the house. Looking forward to pictures when available

@Quartzsite Cruiserthanks for the Jupiter picture. We were too cloudy to see anything. Glad your dh can have surgery sooner rather than later and minimally invasive, too!

@kazu I hope you do decide to cruise at Christmas. When my mom died suddenly 32 years ago we all(whole family) decided to do something radically different for Christmas just to get thru the first one without her. For us it was a huge seafood dinner, something she would never have done. Since then, I have suggested to a few friends that they also do something radical for that first major holiday to help get thru it. It helps. 

my Wednesday ladies are gathering tonight for vegetarian Chili but not sure anyone will venture into the pool. My neighbour is not heating it today and it has been chilly at night since last Thursday. Soon there will be icicles in the water and it will be closed for the season.

prayers for all in the path on Ian. We have a friend in Venice but not sure if she has evacuated, can’t reach her. Our friends in Clearwater are currently in Connecticut on vacation until mid October.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

In April 2010 we stopped on our Diamond Princess cruise in Nha Trang, Vietnam.  Yes, it definitely used to be and still is a resort town.  It has a really lovely beach.  Here is a photo as the ship arrived and anchored.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSwwcmZjX_pRHewi10YiMOldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000314

We took a tour which first took us to Bao Dai Villa, a palace on a hill built for the last Vietnamese king, Bao Dai.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrB9cjwRO7o0eV5Evq1UXb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000412

Ship at anchor as seen from the hill the palace was situated on.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS7H4gtpFJYIpqsNYkWUiT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000431

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjbghVyN6gD4JU2McC7A8PUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366206

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm_LI34QoFvaq_BXM0HcqGUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366001

We had to walk back down the hill to board our bus again.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmJHE439zIkGrHFNTBrqQL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000547

View from the bus as we headed to an embroidery studio.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDSaoSWstHXuEmVeZtFYVrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000548

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZVFCsv_zfiMzVEraFBD6IUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366009

Amazing the patience these young ladies have while they work on these intricate embroidered pieces.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-TIzt7XEhNY88rOqilHxV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000598

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNNeH9bGj3mmQ_zJvd4LW8ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366021

You could purchase a souvenir here but had better be able to carry it home with you.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSKl5Ui8zEP3D_-fVi2TSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000645

Their gowns include lots of their embroidery work.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6BsoqQO22lHlxjbrfpKt1V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366028

This is the beach @MISTER 67mentioned across the street from some huge hotels (and his base back during the war).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLd37RGhr0hFLxaYuY5PSQQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItIiciZ06vX-niujt-5e6qUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000711

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIem8k5Tv-n6K8n5NyHhAOn4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000726

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILBRzef0mlA7aofFKvePns?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000754

Heading back to our tender dock00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI41z9EHh6xK6A-H_7n_aseUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4NzV_CgJoZl2VJ1xAh537Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000892

It was a nice day actually!  I can see why people would want to vacation there in Nha Trang.  Hope you enjoyed my travel photos.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  I alot myself two minutes to complete this post.  😂

I cannot agree with Mother Teresa more. A smile is more important than some people realize, not just for the receiver but for the giver too.

The funeral yesterday was lovely.  Highlights were the Men’s Senior Choir, the Gospel, and when TAPS was played, along with the folding and presenting of the flag.  The choir was so moving that I would go to their concert if they had one.  

I sat beside my mother-in-law on the limo rides.  The whole time she was saying she wouldn’t go this way or that she always went the other way and this wasn’t the way.  I told her that the police had chosen the route to minimize traffic disruption and that we were following them.  She then told me that they were probably following a GPS, which is known to take you in circles.  And besides that, they were all young and didn’t know any better.  I told her everyone was younger at our age.  (And then started calling her Miss Daisy in my head. 😂)

Anyway, it was a lovely service and I am glad I was able to get down there.

Okay, I have gone well over my time.  I have my hair appointment to run to and a flight to catch.  I also need to finish packing.  I have started a LIVE thread for our Avalon river cruise beginning on Sunday if anyone is interested.  If the internet plays nice I will follow that with a LIVE from the Oosterdam.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all. This morning I got a message that friends in town were taking the morning off after hurricane prep work. Now I am wondering what I'm missing. I know a few lawn chairs on the deck will need to be put away but I am really thinking I am playing national tennis with a toy plastic racket. Time to ask neighbors and sons to advise. Hope everyone stays safe from Ian. I am glad you got your house @dfish. Thanks for the pictures everyone, I hope to be there someday. Thanks Rich and all for the Daily. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  When I woke up, my new time seems to be 7:46 (3 days in a row) the temps said 49.  Up to a whopping 51 now.  House is still in the shade.

Loved the picture of Jupiter.  I gave DH a telescope years ago,  but while he found a dark sky week in Cedar Key Florida fascinating, he really didn't want to do the work to see the stars.  So the telescope is a dust collector in the "library".

DH has a stress test tomorrow.  It's been 4 years since his heart attack.  I really do wish they would talk to him about his diet, but his oncologist keeps telling him to enjoy life.  So a battle of theories amongst physicians.

Work computer crashed cross country yesterday, so I got paid for 3 hours, and only worked one hour last night.

finished-my-cup-ofcoffee-oh-look-a-cup-of-coffee-53513037.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In April 2010 we stopped on our Diamond Princess cruise in Nha Trang, Vietnam.  Yes, it definitely used to be and still is a resort town.  It has a really lovely beach.  Here is a photo as the ship arrived and anchored.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSwwcmZjX_pRHewi10YiMOldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000314

We took a tour which first took us to Bao Dai Villa, a palace on a hill built for the last Vietnamese king, Bao Dai.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrB9cjwRO7o0eV5Evq1UXb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000412

Ship at anchor as seen from the hill the palace was situated on.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS7H4gtpFJYIpqsNYkWUiT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000431

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjbghVyN6gD4JU2McC7A8PUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366206

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIm_LI34QoFvaq_BXM0HcqGUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366001

We had to walk back down the hill to board our bus again.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmJHE439zIkGrHFNTBrqQL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000547

View from the bus as we headed to an embroidery studio.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJhDSaoSWstHXuEmVeZtFYVrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000548

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIZVFCsv_zfiMzVEraFBD6IUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366009

Amazing the patience these young ladies have while they work on these intricate embroidered pieces.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-TIzt7XEhNY88rOqilHxV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000598

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNNeH9bGj3mmQ_zJvd4LW8ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366021

You could purchase a souvenir here but had better be able to carry it home with you.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSKl5Ui8zEP3D_-fVi2TSn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000645

Their gowns include lots of their embroidery work.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK6BsoqQO22lHlxjbrfpKt1V7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1664366028

This is the beach @MISTER 67mentioned across the street from some huge hotels (and his base back during the war).00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLd37RGhr0hFLxaYuY5PSQQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000710

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVItIiciZ06vX-niujt-5e6qUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000711

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIem8k5Tv-n6K8n5NyHhAOn4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000726

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILBRzef0mlA7aofFKvePns?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000754

Heading back to our tender dock00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI41z9EHh6xK6A-H_7n_aseUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000861

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ4NzV_CgJoZl2VJ1xAh537Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616000892

It was a nice day actually!  I can see why people would want to vacation there in Nha Trang.  Hope you enjoyed my travel photos.

Thank you Sandi for your lovely photos.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@dfishWonderful news!  Congrats on the new home.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

@dfishDebbie, I am SO happy for you 🙂 Congrats on your new home 👍 

Stay very safe today, please

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@dfish,Debbie, Congratulations! Celebrate!

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Debbie, that's wonderful.  I'm sure the wine is ready!!

59 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

@dfishCongratulations!

58 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

@dfishCongratulations on reaching an agreeable price on the house.  I wish you a smooth move and many happy years in your new home.

56 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  Debbie, I'll echo @cat shepard Ann's WOO HOO! I'm very happy for you and Sue getting the house.  

37 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie @dfishcongrats on the contract on your new home!  We are so excited for you!  Thanks for the menu recipes and photos, too. 

36 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@dfish Debbie, Congratulations on your new home. I wish you evert happiness in your new adventure.

34 minutes ago, superoma said:

@dfishcongrats on the house. Looking forward to pictures when available

10 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I am glad you got your house @dfish

Many thanks to all of you!   The paperwork has been signed, sealed, and delivered.  This one is moving so much faster than the other one.  

Picture1.jpg.301b70318364737eb5e93d14481f2cc0.jpg

Picture2.jpg.03e62b2336698911fb3ec525dc930977.jpg

The exercise equipment will not be staying in the living room.  

Picture3.jpg.5636d7a68ed60fccb4c9166232d18b04.jpg

Picture7.jpg.33fa9dfc0e3899cf5a19a1c946b08a7d.jpg

Picture8.jpg.57fb330b87fb682c8bcda5c32d779422.jpg

Picture9.thumb.jpg.870d16e0b1321b8da858b0f3c643e3f2.jpg

All new appliances, granite countertops, and soft close cabinets and drawers.  And, we have a dishwasher!

Picture10.jpg.83a9ad3293fd6028ab41ba1ac21eb99a.jpg

Double oven for holiday baking!

Picture11.jpg.58ec0f01275324cf199f728ab4a14f8a.jpg

Picture12.jpg.057d7a7d66b4346430c94d2b16f29480.jpg

The house does have central air, but the sellers thought it needed a boost.   We'll see next summer.

Picture13.jpg.70202f89a04d02b1a1174b083c4de383.jpg

Picture15.jpg.551d1d74a28380aafaf6a947ff6e6852.jpg

Cannot wait to use this!  

• Like 43
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Ian is inching it's way closer to us, experts still not sure of the exact point of landfall, right now it looks like Englewood Beach

@MISTER 67 my family's place is very near Englewood Beach but no one is there. This is the 2pm map.

Screenshot_20220928-085050.thumb.png.be5ea77e5faf51bf9620bcddff5a49cd.png

We will likely suffer severe property damage. But, I am more concerned for you @MISTER 67and I am offering up my prayers for your safety. I know you've ridden it out before and you know what to do, but the storm surge inundation predicted for most of Punta Gorda is so frightening. ⬇️

Screenshot_20220928-090236.thumb.png.1990f892022aeb1b4111eb4d7e9eae88.png

I pray you and yours stay safe in P.G. I pray that you can evacuate vertically, if needed. But, I'm praying fervently that you won't need to...

Please stay safe,

-Melisa

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Praying for everyone in Southwest Florida. What a monstrous storm. Although he is in California at the moment, my brother owns a house on Sanibel Island. I wonder if he will still have it after the storm goes through.

Kazu, I second everyone's thoughts on your going on a holiday cruise this year. When I did a solo holiday cruise in 2018, I found the whole experience so uplifting.

• Like 25

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from stormy Southwest Florida.

Ian is inching it's way closer to us, experts still not sure of the exact point of landfall, right now it looks like Englewood Beach which is where we usually head to for beach days, about 20 miles west of our condo.

Winds are expected to be 140 maybe 150 MPH when it makes landfall which is a Cat 4. It rained most of the night and the wind is starting to pick up. Hurricanes also spawn tornadoes which is what I fear most.

Right now they are predicting landfall around 2PM and with the strong winds we expect to lose power, Florida Power and Light is a pretty good company and I'm sure they will restore power as soon as possible after the storm passes by. Right now all emergency services have been suspended. That's it's for now, will post more later.

Stay safe Mister 67, RNB from the Tampa Bay Area. Looks really bad. Just over a day ago the storm was projected to hit our area and now looks near you or just north. Can not believe the winds went from 125 mph to 155 mph in two hours this am. Even though we are 42 ft above sea level, expect major flooding in our area. Have deployed sandbags at all entry ways including garage. Let’s all hope for the best.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We'll both enjoy some suds this afternoon to celebrate National Beer Day; we try to be good neighbours and are blessed to be surrounded by them, and we are grateful for public lands.

@dfishCongratulations on getting your new home - I love it !!!!  It looks so nice; I'm envious of the kitchen in particular!

I pulled up the Weather Channel on the PC this morning and saw your famous Jim Cantore at Punta Gorda - all I can say is YIKES!!   I am adding my prayers for everyone's safety, as Ian sounds quite ominous and could leave a trail of devastation in his wake.

DH had an appointment with the CPAP people yesterday as he simply couldn't adjust to the partial mask - he was fitted with a full mouth and nose that seems to have been much more comfortable.  When I got up this morning, it was lying on the floor, but he quickly told me it was able to wear it until around 2AM - at least twice the length of time of the previous mask, so that's progress.  I know it takes time, and some patience, but he doesn't have a lot of the latter.  LOL

We stopped in Nha Trang on our SE Asia cruise in 2019, but I can't locate my photos.  I remember spending the day visiting the embroidery factory, driving past miles and miles of rice fields, watching the construction of grass mats and cone shaped hats by people with endless amounts of patience.   A couple of highlights were seeing how rice noodles were made (in someone's back yard - no factory there!!), and DH got to sit on a water buffalo - I went over to the sweet animal and he nuzzled me just like a big dog would.  

I like today's wine suggestion - do you seriously think I could refuse one with notes of black cherry, cola and milk chocolate?  Here's my glass, fill 'er up!  I'm thinking I'd like today's menu suggestion if it was served to me, but won't be making it for ourselves.  We have lovely leftovers from last night's dinner with our friend - we went to a Greek restaurant and brought home half of our meals, as they were huge.  I've got delicious lamb chops and lemon roast potatoes, while DH has a double pork chop with garlic mashed potatoes that we'll enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is hurting and especially those in Ian's path.  We'll cheer on all who have celebrations to enjoy.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Debbie @dfishthe home looks great!  Spacious living areas and a modern kitchen!  Thanks for sharing with us.  

@HAL Sailerthanks for the maps.  My DSIL's Dad used to live in Englewood but sold his house a few months ago and moved back to Cincinnati.  DSIL's Mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly in January, and within a couple months the Dad decided to leave Florida for Ohio.  Glad he won't suffer the damage to his old house, but someone else will now as well as a lot of other homeowners.  Very sad!

I agree with @RedneckBob.  We have to hope for the best.🤞🙏

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Stay safe Mister 67, RNB from the Tampa Bay Area. Looks really bad. Just over a day ago the storm was projected to hit our area and now looks near you or just north. Can not believe the winds went from 125 mph to 155 mph in two hours this am. Even though we are 42 ft above sea level, expect major flooding in our area. Have deployed sandbags at all entry ways including garage. Let’s all hope for the best.

Thanks Bob, stay safe.

• Like 16

@RedneckBob, @MISTER 67, @cunnorl, @cat shepard, @summer slope and all in the path of Ian, praying you stay safe.  We are in Melbourne, FL, but on the mainland and the rain & wind have started here, along with flickering lights. We have a lot of oak trees, two have at least 40ft canopy's. One in the front yard one in the back, and their branches are dancing already. 

@dfishvery happy for you! The house & yard look lovely. We were suppose to go house hunt in Ann Arbor next week to be by family. We'll see if that happens. 

Take care all!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dfish said:

Many thanks to all of you!   The paperwork has been signed, sealed, and delivered.  This one is moving so much faster than the other one.  

Picture1.jpg.301b70318364737eb5e93d14481f2cc0.jpg

Picture2.jpg.03e62b2336698911fb3ec525dc930977.jpg

The exercise equipment will not be staying in the living room.  

Picture3.jpg.5636d7a68ed60fccb4c9166232d18b04.jpg

Picture7.jpg.33fa9dfc0e3899cf5a19a1c946b08a7d.jpg

Picture8.jpg.57fb330b87fb682c8bcda5c32d779422.jpg

Picture9.thumb.jpg.870d16e0b1321b8da858b0f3c643e3f2.jpg

All new appliances, granite countertops, and soft close cabinets and drawers.  And, we have a dishwasher!

Picture10.jpg.83a9ad3293fd6028ab41ba1ac21eb99a.jpg

Double oven for holiday baking!

Picture11.jpg.58ec0f01275324cf199f728ab4a14f8a.jpg

Picture12.jpg.057d7a7d66b4346430c94d2b16f29480.jpg

The house does have central air, but the sellers thought it needed a boost.   We'll see next summer.

Picture13.jpg.70202f89a04d02b1a1174b083c4de383.jpg

Picture15.jpg.551d1d74a28380aafaf6a947ff6e6852.jpg

Cannot wait to use this!  

Looks fantastic Debbie.

I'm delighted for you that everything is sorted.

Graham.

• Like 11

Hello Everyone,

All our Floridians are in my thoughts.  I’m watching Weather Channel right now, and it looks as rough as any of seen.  Stay safe, stay smart.

@dfish, so happy for you and your sister!  The house looks so nice, and a great yard as well.  I’m looking forward to celebrating with you when we meet on that BHB.

@kazu, I expect you realize that this is not the best forum to get an unbiased opinion regarding cruising.  Put my vote in the column that says a holiday cruise is a wonderful thing.

@Cruzin Terri, my heart aches for you.

My best to our Dailyite family.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning Daily-ites.  I was saying prayers for all in Florida before I hopped out of bed. Please stay safe!!

@dfish your new home looks lovely. The back yard is inviting and I'll bet you will be sitting out by the fire pit having a celebration drink. 

@kazu Jacqui what holiday cruise ship are you thinking about? Per chance... Rotterdam? 

Beer? No thanks, but I'll raise a glass of cuvee to those celebrating tonight. 

image.png.493b2d043d89eee6cbe1cdb0dcc3e44a.png

Be a good neighbor!!

Prayers, cheers and blessings. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Bad cartoon
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2