Le Petit Chef

*Fudge*

Same here.   One and done.  It was unique but nothing really special.   

For reference you could think of it as a bargain.  

There is a restaurant close to us that offers the same thing.  It was $165 pp.  Here is the link. The restaurant is very upscale and out of our price range 

https://imaginaterestaurant.com/royal-oak-imaginate-restaurant-chefs-table

it isn’t available at the present time 

Here is a link to their present menu 

https://imaginaterestaurant.com/royal-oak-imaginate-restaurant-food-menu

It isn’t showing it but at one time a burger was $29.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, *Fudge* said:

Has anyone any experience of this?  I know peoples tastes etc differ but I would like those opinions before I decide to book or not. Thank you

We did this several (~4-5) years ago, and we did not pay the full price since they were discounting onboard. Those "discount" promotions may be over. For what we paid, we had a pleasant, amusing dinner.

As others have posted, it was a one and done event for us and we would likely not repeat the experience, although there was nothing wrong with our dinner. 

Since you (OP) has not tried this dining experience, I suggest you give it a go. 

I've done it.   It was enjoyable.  The food we had, it was good.  The 'show' is cute and funny.  The images are neat.   

There are multiple 'themes' now, 4 of them, with each one having their own unique menu.  There is an alternate menu as well (different for each theme).  The 'show' follows the main menu so if you order an alternate item, the show won't represent what you eat. You can mix and match items.

Would I do it on every cruise?  No.   Would I go again if others I'm with want to?  Yes, if I liked the menu. 

Everyone has different likes and dislikes.  If you like the menu, then I think it is worth going to, at least once.  

🍹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Fudge* said:

Has anyone any experience of this?  I know peoples tastes etc differ but I would like those opinions before I decide to book or not. Thank you

We went to LPC pre-covid and never again.  We had a choice of 2 meals.  DH selected the "recommended" one and said it was "ok". I selected the 2nd dish (a fish meal) which was not particularly good, so we went to OV so I could have some dinner.  I would not pay for the experience, to be honest.

A hotel director once told us the commission Celebrity pays to the content creator (Skullmapping ?) and my recollection is that the commission is in the $10.00 per person per meal.  We are Zenith members of the Captain’s Club, and even with our Z specialty restaurant discount are not interested in a repeat performance.

While our meal was fine (not outstanding) I just find the way the meal is presented rather strange.  Folks are seated, the venue darkened, people stare at their plates, and then the animation for that course is shown.  Then the lights turn on, folks eat that course, and then the process is repeated for the next course.

We loved it too, I booked it for our wedding anniversary.  DH having no prior knowledge of the concept. It was very entertaining and lots of fun. 
Perhaps that is the secret - think of it as a show or performance rather than just a dinner. 
I would agree that we don’t need to do it again now that the surprise element is over. Definitely worth doing once. 

4 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

hen the lights turn on, folks eat that course, and then the process is repeated for the next course.

So, everyone has to eat at the same rate?
Not for me, as I am a slow eater!
My grandchildren however, cannot possibly taste their food as they eat it so guickly.😱

I would recommend that you dine and see the qsine presentation at least once.  Food was fine and if you do not like what is being served they will alter the menu for you.  My DH doesn't eat any fish and they did provide him with a different meal.  Also, they have two menus per week.  You might prefer one menu over another.   

They give plenty of time between courses so that shouldn't be a problem.  Enjoy

I agree with most that it was a one-and-done, but understand the appeal for others who are repeat diners.  I think the upshot of everyone's comments is to definitely do it once and then decide for yourself if you want to do it again.  On most 7day cruises the menu will change once (so if you enjoy it you can go again for a different meal).  Enjoy!

• Like 1

Have noted this elsewhere, but will advise again:

If you decide to try LPC, as you enter the room, be sure you are seated where the circles of light over your plates are absolutely stable.  Some mirrors seem to have a balance/vibration issue that causes a minor but potentially distracting jitter in the projected image.

Edited by canderson
Typoz
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

A hotel director once told us the commission Celebrity pays to the content creator (Skullmapping ?) and my recollection is that the commission is in the $10.00 per person per meal.  We are Zenith members of the Captain’s Club, and even with our Z specialty restaurant discount are not interested in a repeat performance.

While our meal was fine (not outstanding) I just find the way the meal is presented rather strange.  Folks are seated, the venue darkened, people stare at their plates, and then the animation for that course is shown.  Then the lights turn on, folks eat that course, and then the process is repeated for the next course.

Yes, not very elegantt.  Strange that Celebrity wants their brand associated with cartoon characters on a plate 🙂

Just off our first Celebrity cruise. We booked Le Petit Chef and enjoyed it. However, as many have said, the price makes it "one and done" for us, unless for some reason we had a lot of nonrefundable OBC, or we're traveling with others who want to try it.

• Like 1

We are currently on the Eclipse. Did it first night at discounted rate. This was to avoid the first night dining zoo that occurs. Great choice. We had a nice relaxed evening. Experience was exceptional. Agree that for some people it is a once of experience.