Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

So you avoid the pools on a ship🤔

Yes, the pools are to small for that amount of people. If you like sharing a bath tub with a stranger, by all means go for it.  Not for us no matter how much we had to drink while sitting pool side. Just use the showers to cool off in if you need to.

Maybe we were spoiled all this time. Always had our own salt water pool and salt water  hot tub at home. Nothing cleaner that that.

Edited by Jimbo

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That is an unusual table to have on the pool deck. 😄

Would you believe me I said I brought it from home. I was going to carve something out of it tonight and take it to the straw market at Labadee tomorrow to sell, and see what happens. Either I’ll be heralded as hero or run out of town.

It is actually what they have in the elevated seating area. I think it’s wood or possibly concrete coloured and textured to resemble wood. 

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, the pools are to small for that amount of people. If you like sharing a bath tub with a stranger, by all means go for it.  Not for us no matter how much we had to drink while sitting pool side. Just use the showers to cool off in if you need to.

We used the showers a few times today. 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe we were spoiled all this time. Always had our own salt water pool and salt water  hot tub at home. Nothing cleaner that that.

We love our salt water pool, especially how clean it is. That being said the pool here today will probably still be cleaner than the water in Labadee tomorrow.  Going to be an amazing day tomorrow no matter the case. 

• Like 9

We are soon ready to go for dinner. We are headed to Jamie’s to use our second D+ Bogo meal.

Photos are not loading this afternoon, so I will have to try tonight or tomorrow from the beach. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are soon ready to go for dinner. We are headed to Jamie’s to use our second D+ Bogo meal.

Photos are not loading this afternoon, so I will have to try tonight or tomorrow from the beach. 

Good thing your internet comes with your cabin, otherwise I would be down at Guest Relations looking for some OBC.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Good thing your internet comes with your cabin, otherwise I would be down at Guest Relations looking for some OBC.

I don't believe it comes with the cabin on Voyager Class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

LOL, that was to say “waving like fools”. Never trust auto dictate. That being said here I am using it right now.

The only one eating like fools are those on board the ship.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I did wonder about that comment! We hadn’t even started dinner yet!

When we’re watching from Fishlips we are both waving and eating like fools, especially when someone we know is on board the ship. 

There is a reason I never use auto dictate. While I make a lot of typos on my own, and autocorrect frequently changes what I actually meant to type, doing my own typing is still way more accurate than auto dictate for me. Most of the time when I edit a post it is to correct what autocorrect corrected but was what I really did mean to say. The others are when my 16 pound lapcat thinks he’s in charge of typing. 😻😇 

Glad you’re enjoying the wave. I can’t believe it’s been three years for you!  Hope the wipeout wasn’t too bad and any bruises heal quickly. 🏄‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

Glad you’re enjoying the wave. I can’t believe it’s been three years for you!  Hope the wipeout wasn’t too bad and any bruises heal quickly. 🏄‍♂️

Many thanks for your concern.  

I caught an edge while doing a 360 and fell backwards on the wave. It was a big whiplash move for by neck. The second it happen I had a splitting headache but no concussion like symptoms. My heck is tight from the backwards fall though. Kinda like skin would be after a sunburn. Headache disappeared about an hour after it happened.  Next mobility is good as well. I did a few more rides after the fall and then the line got long. 

I skipped riding in the later advanced session but will go this afternoon.  I guess once you hit 50 things hit harder, so to speak. 

• Like 7

We are off the coast of Haiti, and very close to Labadee.

How do I know you ask?  When I opened the sliding door to the balcony it immediately had the recognizable smell of Labadee. For those that have never been here, think of the scent that tickles your nose when you walk into/past the Schooner Bar.

• Like 2

And we are almost docked.

What’s Strange, we are docking on the port side of the ship and not the starboard side.  We’ve been here almost 10 times and never docked like this here before. Most of those times I’ve been on Oasis Class ships and once on Indy.  

Unique, and pretty cool, for us at least. 

877315EA-456A-4CE8-A679-DF670F18EB15.thumb.jpeg.ff418fe13eecfd005e113a059173e77d.jpeg

6CE41392-C9E6-43F3-9998-43065AE59E3D.thumb.jpeg.ec5b522b10ccfa60df43c775f340b9c5.jpeg

0645D95D-5418-45D3-9A34-C24A0712D8C8.thumb.jpeg.2ae336a7cb7a8bb07021c6fc97acf8a0.jpeg

BC2EAE7C-ACD9-45A7-A189-B5F73A74223D.thumb.jpeg.48e3d1dcefb3445e1de6639d3ee7993d.jpeg

• Like 16

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Save Water Bathe With a Friend Metal Sign

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

And we are almost docked.

What’s Strange, we are docking on the port side of the ship and not the starboard side.  We’ve been here almost 10 times and never docked like this here before. Most of those times I’ve been on Oasis Class ships and once on Indy.  

Unique, and pretty cool, for us at least. 

I don't remember ever docking on the port side in Labadee. Maybe some sort of crew lifeboat drill happening today or maybe some hull painting? In the past I've seen crew on the dock in ports using rollers on polls to apply paint.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your fall on the Flowrider, but glad you are doing ok!  I am honestly impressed when I see anyone on that thing!  I usually head  up there late in the afternoon to watch for a bit before heading back to the cabin. Looking forward to it in a few weeks when I board Explorer for my b2b 🙂 

Have a great day on Labadee! Can't wait to see your pictures.

• Like 3