Solarium Bistro

We're cruising on Allure of the Seas in Aug 2023.  I can find menus for all the restaurants except the Solarium Bistro.  Can you tell me what type of food they serve at the bistro and which meals are they for.  I think the bistro turns into the Samba Grill in the evening.  I'm mostly interested in breakfast.  Thanks for your help 😊

If it's the same as the Oasis and Anthem, you get your own soup, salad and appetizers from the buffet-type area of the restaurant. Some of the main items are made fresh and delivered by waiter, and others are available on the buffet. You then get your own dessert.

It's mainly Mediterranean, with the lamb duo being our favorite. Great desserts like baklava.

Highly recommended.

• Like 1

On Oasis last month Solarium Bistro was opened from 9-1 with mostly breakfast food but much less of a selection as I’ve seen in the past. No more breakfast and then lunch services. They only had about 3 serving dishes of lunch food. It was very disappointing because it used to be a great place to escape the Windjammer. Dinner though is definitely a hidden gem for included fare. Everything was delicious and fresh. Mediterranean menu. Reservations required and I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Dinner though is definitely a hidden gem for included fare. Everything was delicious and fresh. Mediterranean menu. Reservations required and I highly recommend it.

Yes, it used to be.  I use past tense because on Allure and other ships dinner becomes the Samba Grill

1 hour ago, VTSKIandCRUISEGUY said:

If it's the same as the Oasis and Anthem, you get your own soup, salad and appetizers from the buffet-type area of the restaurant.

It’s not the same. On the Allure, it becomes Samba Grill for dinner, which is a Brazilian type restaurant with an upcharge.

Edited by crzndeb

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, it used to be.  I use past tense because on Allure and other ships dinner becomes the Samba Grill

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

It’s not the same. On the Allure, it becomes Samba Grill for dinner, which is a Brazilian type restaurant with an upcharge.

Allure is the only one that converts to a Brazilian restaurant for dinner.

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I had no idea!  Good to know!  We plan on going to Samba's on our Allure cruise next year.  

4 hours ago, Loubyloo said:

We're cruising on Allure of the Seas in Aug 2023.  I can find menus for all the restaurants except the Solarium Bistro.  Can you tell me what type of food they serve at the bistro and which meals are they for.  I think the bistro turns into the Samba Grill in the evening.  I'm mostly interested in breakfast.  Thanks for your help 😊

This menu is not ship specific but I believe Solarium Bistros are generally the same.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/solarium-bistro-menu-sample.pdf

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

I think there's a Samba grill on Radiance as well. Though I'm not sure if the Solarium Bistro and Samba grill are one and the same on Radiance the way it sounds like it is on Allure.

11 hours ago, Loubyloo said:

It is just a breakfast buffet. Less busy than the Windjammer. But with less selection. 

bafd57533bf188021e23085934e9dd32.jpg

e70f53baf68e8192a009f00120821b07.jpg

cdbc6eae25bbb09458f8c4574b9dc531.jpg

0f4e8f1f088e90d21ea856c730fc5544.jpg

f5ca4284faf5d87029641a51effe91ee.jpg

a1dc8e213e455daeb6ea86c951b4814b.jpg

15 hours ago, Loubyloo said:

Solarium bistro now serves standard breakfast or lunch items you might find in the windjammer buffet. The original concept had it serving a more spa/healthy choice, but for breakfast and lunch it has basically become a Windjammer extension with fewer choices. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I think there's a Samba grill on Radiance as well. Though I'm not sure if the Solarium Bistro and Samba grill are one and the same on Radiance the way it sounds like it is on Allure.

There is no Solarium Bistro on any Radiance class ship.

• Like 1

We've got a booking on the Harmony in Jan 2024.  I sure hope they have the Solarium Bistro, at least for supper.  I love the Baklava that is served in there.  I honestly don't know if Baklava is served in any other venue on the ship.  I do know that on our last cruise, May, Alaska, Ovation.  I mentioned, when our Genie told us that the Solarium Bistro was closed, that I really really liked the Baklava and will really miss getting some.  Well, one night in Chops Grill, the Genie delivered a huge portion of Baklava to the table, to my/our surprise.  I couldn't have been any more impressed.  It was great too.  

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We've got a booking on the Harmony in Jan 2024.  I sure hope they have the Solarium Bistro, at least for supper.  I love the Baklava that is served in there. 

We get on Harmony on Sunday and will post back if they still have the Baklava and what the dinner menu looks like now.

20 hours ago, yogimax said:

Never saw lamb on the menu.

The current menu features a lamb tagine duo as one of the free entrees. The old (pre-shutdown) menu had a lamb chop entre with an upcharge. Both were excellent.

Edited by orville99

On 10/4/2022 at 11:17 AM, Ret MP said:

We've got a booking on the Harmony in Jan 2024.  I sure hope they have the Solarium Bistro, at least for supper.  I love the Baklava that is served in there.  I honestly don't know if Baklava is served in any other venue on the ship.  I do know that on our last cruise, May, Alaska, Ovation.  I mentioned, when our Genie told us that the Solarium Bistro was closed, that I really really liked the Baklava and will really miss getting some.  Well, one night in Chops Grill, the Genie delivered a huge portion of Baklava to the table, to my/our surprise.  I couldn't have been any more impressed.  It was great too.  

Had the baklava last evening in solarium bistro on Harmony.

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Am I correct that there is an upcharge for the Solarium Bistro for dinner?  I know breakfast and lunch are free but I was under the impressions the Solarium Bistro was ala cart for dinner. 

No charge unless you order the Chops filet or the whole lobster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, shortly after Allure first set sail out of the U.S.A., we would go to the Solarium Bistro because they had a Brazilian Steak House type menu available in the evening hours.  I don't know if it was an upcharge or not, we were Star Class (a statement of fact, not bragging, not even Humblebragging).  I'd love to see that come back, and I'd be willing to pay for it, it was sooooooooo good.  The only issue, when we asked for more steak, it took a long time to come to the table.  

41 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Years ago, shortly after Allure first set sail out of the U.S.A., we would go to the Solarium Bistro because they had a Brazilian Steak House type menu available in the evening hours.  I don't know if it was an upcharge or not, we were Star Class (a statement of fact, not bragging, not even Humblebragging).  I'd love to see that come back, and I'd be willing to pay for it, it was sooooooooo good.  The only issue, when we asked for more steak, it took a long time to come to the table.  

Allure transforms the bistro into a Brazilian specialty ($$$)  restaurant in the evenings. It is the only Oasis class ship that does that.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is the only Oasis class ship that does that.

Toooooooo bad, eh.  I love going to Fogo de Chau Brazilian Steak House.  The Brazilian theme, menu and type of service on the Allure can't even compare with Fogo.  But, it still was damn good. 

Edited by Ret MP

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Had the baklava last evening in solarium bistro on Harmony.

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Well, shut the ffffffffront door.  I'm as jealous as one can get.

Thanks for the great news!

The baklava is the main reason I go to the Solarium Bistro at dinner time.  I have been asked, when I enter late, if I am only coming in for dessert. 😉  😄 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Am I correct that there is an upcharge for the Solarium Bistro for dinner?  I know breakfast and lunch are free but I was under the impressions the Solarium Bistro was ala cart for dinner. 

There is no charge for dinner in the Solarium Bistro, unless you order one of the two (3?) upcharge entrees.

• Like 1