Miami Port - what to do between disembarkation and flight

smheese

Anyone have some advice as to what to do (especially in regards to luggage) in between an early cruise docking and a 1:45pm flight back out of Miami? Also to add, which doesn't help since a lot may not be open, it's Easter Sunday. 

Ensure I get a luggage tag that will be a very high number, then head to the airport about 10AM.

After travel to the airport, checking in and getting thru security, it's 11:30AM. Grab a bite to eat, it's 12:30PM. Boarding is going to start about 1:15PM.

People watch in the meantime while you relax.

• Like 3

That's a tough one. We had an 8:00 pm flight and bought a day pass at a hotel. It worked well but it was an all-day thing. It's probably not worth it for just a few hours.

There are a couple of places in Miami that hold your luggage for a small fee. I believe one is at MIA airport. Search online and you should find them.

However, given your flight is still relatively early, I would probably just wait until last call to get off of the ship, then hang out at the airport. You might be able to stay on the ship as late as 9:00 am--depending on how disembarkation is going. I believe most airlines have a 4-hour luggage check-in rule, so you might be able to check your luggage with the airline as early as 9:45.

19 minutes ago, smheese said:

Anyone have some advice as to what to do (especially in regards to luggage) in between an early cruise docking and a 1:45pm flight back out of Miami? Also to add, which doesn't help since a lot may not be open, it's Easter Sunday. 

I can only provide info about the luggage info:

https://www.miami-airport.com/services-and-amenities.asp#3

Baggage Checkroom/Storage

Central Terminal Terminal E

• Located on the 2nd level of Central Terminal E
  • Open daily from 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
  • Daily rates 

Baggage storage

Also, this may help, maybe not?:

https://luggagehero.com/luggage-storage-guide/miami/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smheese said:

1:45 is not a late flight. Send your bags to the baggage hall the night before. Leave your stateroom with handcarry by 8:00. Have a nice breakfast. Disembark last call. Pickup your bags in the baggage hall. Head to the airport.

Or, book a disembarkation shore excursion tour that ends at the airport.  

• Like 1

Easter Sunday means very little in Miami will be open. A quick trip to South Beach for breakfast might work (try Big Pink if it's open), but at least you'll have a very quick trip to the airport with zero traffic. 

• Like 1

We had an 8pm departing flight.  We arrived at the airport at 11am +/-.  American Airlines check our bags, no problem.   We occupied ourselves with the internet for a while.  Then we discovered a  great Cuban  restaurant in the terminal called La Caretta .  It is owned by the people who own Versailles restaurant in Miami.   Same great food.  Same great prices.  We enjoyed a great meal there.  Their Cuban coffee is to die for.   Eventually 8pm rolled around and we were off to Las Vegas.  

22 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Which ones?

I know that Delta doesn't allow it at all anymore for regular people, just companions if you already have a qualifying membership status. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, brillohead said:

Sadly, some airlines don't let you buy a day pass anymore.  😞 

On 10/6/2022 at 9:12 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Which ones?

United only on a space available basis.  Heck, United will only accept passes (the ones you get for having their credit card) on a space available basis.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, snowdogsmm said:

Our flight was at 5:00 so we rented a resort room for the day on Miami beach.  Laid out by the pool, had a nice lunch and then was able to shower before leaving for the airport.

Just curious, which one?  We would prefer to get a full room for the day vs just access to the pool and I've found very limited hotels what will rent a room for the day.  

On 10/6/2022 at 5:09 PM, smheese said:

I agree, 1:45 is really not a late flight.........late would be 5, 6, 7, etc..........

I would request being in the very last group off the ship and then just go to the airport.. 

On 10/10/2022 at 12:41 PM, PATRLR said:

Just curious, which one?  We would prefer to get a full room for the day vs just access to the pool and I've found very limited hotels what will rent a room for the day.  

On 10/6/2022 at 10:24 PM, snowdogsmm said:

Our flight was at 5:00 so we rented a resort room for the day on Miami beach.  Laid out by the pool, had a nice lunch and then was able to shower before leaving for the airport.

Please can you tell me which hotel - sounds great - thank you 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:41 AM, PATRLR said:

It was the Cadillac Hotel and Beach club and I reserved it through DayUse.com