Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Warm bordering on hot already in Port Douglas, and very steamy in the tender.

We are just planning a walk up into town, but will see if there is a short tour of interest first.

Nice walk along the long beach if it is not too hot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Unfortunately unless you suffer with these complaints people, ( understandably ) do not realise the reason you are coughing. My medical condition causes a dry cough from the throat. I try to avoid anyone that has a hacking deep cough but still feel empathy for them as long as they cover up.

I take the Bosisto's eucalytus cough drops everwhere I go - they seem to stop it for a while.

After a lovely warm morning in Port Douglas, we are back aboard a couple of hundred dollars lighter.

We are now awaiting our share pizza for lunch, and the air-conditioned atrium feels great. PD is a bit touristy and a bit alternative living, but also a beautiful town & marina.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, arxcards said:

After a lovely warm morning in Port Douglas, we are back aboard a couple of hundred dollars lighter.

We are now awaiting our share pizza for lunch, and the air-conditioned atrium feels great. PD is a bit touristy and a bit alternative living, but also a beautiful town & marina.

If you want to see alternative living go further north to Daintree and Cooktown, both beautiful places also.. 

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

I like them all, but mostly the balance of it at PD.

I didn't rate it as special, but enjoyed a good walk around.

I preferred Airlie Beach, something nice about that place. Cairns was nice along the boardwalk and the beach front, but has a fair amount of druggies around.

• Like 2

Another gorgeous day at sea, and we have given up on making the most of our drink packages. 

Still mask free, and the coughing has died off following 5 days of warm weather. Still mask free, and no tables spotted in the corridors. 

I will get ship and cabin photos up tomorrow while we are docked in Brisbane. We have 2 x USB sockets on one side of the bed, as well as an Aussie outlet, US and Euro ones. This is in a mini.

I liove the cabin, but hate the location, which we had little choice in as part of the swap over from Royal Princess. Deck 8, forward and starboard. No protection overhead, and no private from decks above. The balcony door for the cabin above is above our sitting area, and closes with a thud. The theatre is below, and while I don't mind a bit of sound, the doof doof vibrates the whole cabin. In anything more than slight seas, the cabin creaks, groans and clunks. With waste volume from above, the toilet can take hours before it will flush during the evening, but I guess that is better than having things backing-up.

For anyone on deck 8 starboard aft, your unprotected deck is directly above the smoking area, and will be noticeable..

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

@Kiwi_cruiser

You didn't fix that engine too well. The rubber band on one of the engines has let go, so we will be 2hrs late into Brisbane tomorrow.

i get the feeling this could be a recurring theme this summer.

Ship is only 5 yrs old, should still be under warranty lol. I got 7 years warranty on my Nissan Qashqai, lol.

779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, resordanis said:

You sat two tables away from us at dinner last night!  

I did notice you trying to explain issues with getting special meals. We have seen that with several couples, though I did wonder.

Just now, arxcards said:

I did notice you trying to explain issues with getting special meals. We have seen that with several couples, though I did wonder.

That was us. After writing to explain our problems, they are being attentive! Should have done it earlier, but hopefully all will be fine for the 20/11. Off to Crown Grill again tonight and just had delicious Lobster Roll for lunch. Still trying to spend our OBC. 😩😩

12 minutes ago, resordanis said:

That was us. After writing to explain our problems, they are being attentive! Should have done it earlier, but hopefully all will be fine for the 20/11. Off to Crown Grill again tonight and just had delicious Lobster Roll for lunch. Still trying to spend our OBC. 😩😩

Another thing, there is approximately 70 cabins blocked off on Deck 9 starboard in case of an outbreak. Has been that for a while apparently! If you get Covid you are moved to one of these, not sure if that is for all but definitely if you are inside. Might change after this cruise though. Even though there are lots of people coughing and not washing hands (which is so annoying) I am not aware of how many cases of Covid are on board, if any!

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Another thing, there is approximately 70 cabins blocked off on Deck 9 starboard in case of an outbreak. Has been that for a while apparently! If you get Covid you are moved to one of these, not sure if that is for all but definitely if you are inside. Might change after this cruise though. Even though there are lots of people coughing and not washing hands (which is so annoying) I am not aware of how many cases of Covid are on board, if any!

If we get to tier 2 (3%), all staff need to wear masks indoors. That would be the best indicator of a number of confirmed positives. We aren't there, so all good till then.

• Like 2