The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday October 25th, 2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have exercised, eaten breakfast, said my prayers and need to shower and get ready for our dental appointments.  Not much time to dawdle.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions here each day.  I hope Lenda and Steve will have good reports for us today.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmokerand the Mrs.   A big shoutout to all on Roy's Celebration list today.  

Ashdod, Israel is the port of the day and here is the link for the last time we saw it, April 29, 2021.

I went to Ashdod in 2014 on our Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  It was our first voyage on Holland America and it was Black Sea and Holy Land B2B.  We were originally booked on the Ocean Princess to go to the Black Sea and the Holy Land but due to political unrest that year Princess cancelled Egypt ports and most of the Black Sea ports and just substituted Greek Isles ports instead.  So we cancelled them and took a chance on the Prinsendam, and loved it!

In Ashdod on October 26, 2014 we immediately left the port for our drive to Jerusalem.  I only have a few photos around the ship of the tugs, etc.  This is about all you can expect from there.  Maybe someone else has spent more time there and can give you an overview of the town.enhance

Arriving at an overlook of the city of Jerusalem we stopped to listen to our guide and take in the view.

enhance

enhance

According to my notes we next stopped at the Church of All Nations, also known as the Basilica of the Agony.  It's a Roman Catholic church located on the Mount of Olives next to the Garden of Gethsemane.  enhance

The church has beautiful murals on its facade.  enhance

The olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane are many hundreds of years old.enhance

enhance

Seen off to the side and on the hillside slightly above the Basilica of the Agony, is the Church of St. Mary Magdalene.  This is one of Jerusalem's most picturesque sights due to its seven gilded onion domes, each topped by a tall Russian Orthodox cross.enhance

Interior of the Basilica including the high altar overlooking a large slab of rock, which is said to be the very rock on which Jesus prayed in agony on the night of his betrayal.enhance

I borrowed this photo of the rock because mine was blurry.enhance

We got on the bus to move on to view the Catholic Cemetery, but I got this photo of the Basilica and the Church of St. Mary Magdalene from the road next to the cemetery.  Gives you a good perspective.enhance

The Catholic Cemeteryenhance

And here is the Tower of David, Jerusalem's citadel, located near the Jaffa Gate on the western side of the old city wall.enhance

Continuing in Jerusalem, we got off the bus and walked through the Jaffa Gate, walking past stalls and shops.  enhance

Entrance to a convent.enhance

enhance

Very well worn stone pathways.enhance

There was a huge gift shop we were allowed to look around in for some time but I stayed outside most of the time taking photos of fountains and small stalls.  From there we walked to the Holy Sepulchre Church which is believed to be the site where Jesus Christ was crucified and buried.enhance

enhance

enhance

Inside the Church we saw the Crucifixion Altarenhance

and the Tomb of Jesusenhance

We continued on with the tour for several more hours and I have a lot more photos but wanted to cut to the end where we went to the Wailing Wall (also known as the Western Wall). enhance

The area was divided with women on one half and men on the other.enhance

From there we walked back through a different gate to our bus and the drive back to our new home away from home, the Prinsendam.  There really is too much to see and learn about on these tours so it is somewhere we should try to visit again.  It was the same way in Haifa when we went to Nazareth and the Jordan River.  I recommend a Holy Land cruise to everyone.  

Sorry this post is so long!

Very familiar pictures as I was there on the Rotterdam, October 2014, as we did the Africa circumnavigation cruise. I agree, along with Petra and Egypt, it was a highlight!

• Like 12

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have exercised, eaten breakfast, said my prayers and need to shower and get ready for our dental appointments.  Not much time to dawdle.  Thanks to everyone for their contributions here each day.  I hope Lenda and Steve will have good reports for us today.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmokerand the Mrs.   A big shoutout to all on Roy's Celebration list today.  

Ashdod, Israel is the port of the day and here is the link for the last time we saw it, April 29, 2021.

I went to Ashdod in 2014 on our Holy Land cruise on the Prinsendam.  It was our first voyage on Holland America and it was Black Sea and Holy Land B2B.  We were originally booked on the Ocean Princess to go to the Black Sea and the Holy Land but due to political unrest that year Princess cancelled Egypt ports and most of the Black Sea ports and just substituted Greek Isles ports instead.  So we cancelled them and took a chance on the Prinsendam, and loved it!

In Ashdod on October 26, 2014 we immediately left the port for our drive to Jerusalem.  I only have a few photos around the ship of the tugs, etc.  This is about all you can expect from there.  Maybe someone else has spent more time there and can give you an overview of the town.enhance

Arriving at an overlook of the city of Jerusalem we stopped to listen to our guide and take in the view.

enhance

enhance

According to my notes we next stopped at the Church of All Nations, also known as the Basilica of the Agony.  It's a Roman Catholic church located on the Mount of Olives next to the Garden of Gethsemane.  enhance

The church has beautiful murals on its facade.  enhance

The olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane are many hundreds of years old.enhance

enhance

Seen off to the side and on the hillside slightly above the Basilica of the Agony, is the Church of St. Mary Magdalene.  This is one of Jerusalem's most picturesque sights due to its seven gilded onion domes, each topped by a tall Russian Orthodox cross.enhance

Interior of the Basilica including the high altar overlooking a large slab of rock, which is said to be the very rock on which Jesus prayed in agony on the night of his betrayal.enhance

I borrowed this photo of the rock because mine was blurry.enhance

We got on the bus to move on to view the Catholic Cemetery, but I got this photo of the Basilica and the Church of St. Mary Magdalene from the road next to the cemetery.  Gives you a good perspective.enhance

The Catholic Cemeteryenhance

And here is the Tower of David, Jerusalem's citadel, located near the Jaffa Gate on the western side of the old city wall.enhance

Continuing in Jerusalem, we got off the bus and walked through the Jaffa Gate, walking past stalls and shops.  enhance

Entrance to a convent.enhance

enhance

Very well worn stone pathways.enhance

There was a huge gift shop we were allowed to look around in for some time but I stayed outside most of the time taking photos of fountains and small stalls.  From there we walked to the Holy Sepulchre Church which is believed to be the site where Jesus Christ was crucified and buried.enhance

enhance

enhance

Inside the Church we saw the Crucifixion Altarenhance

and the Tomb of Jesusenhance

We continued on with the tour for several more hours and I have a lot more photos but wanted to cut to the end where we went to the Wailing Wall (also known as the Western Wall). enhance

The area was divided with women on one half and men on the other.enhance

From there we walked back through a different gate to our bus and the drive back to our new home away from home, the Prinsendam.  There really is too much to see and learn about on these tours so it is somewhere we should try to visit again.  It was the same way in Haifa when we went to Nazareth and the Jordan River.  I recommend a Holy Land cruise to everyone.  

Sorry this post is so long!

The  longer  the better for me.Awsome  photos. Thank you so  much,

Jim. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning everyone.

I am in the Mayo Clinic waiting to be called for my EMG.  Already had my blood test for to see where the inflammation level is for the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  Have not yet seen the results.  This will determine the Prednisone dosage and when I will be able to stop it.

Not sure what I will do about the EMG results if they are positive.  I have until 2:30 this afternoon to decide.  Will consult with DH on this before the visit with the doc.

Thank you Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

Like the quote.  Don’t think I will be howling at the moon.  I am not an artist it’s but appreciate their work, but international and domestic.  As for punk, forget it.

I will skip the meal as peppers and my tummy do not like each other.

Also forget about the drink.  Wine is above my budget.

Have not been to the port.

@Quartzsite Cruiser you are in my prayers and hope things start to resolve for you.

@seagarsmokerHappy anniversary to you and your beautiful bride.

Prayers to all who need them and cheers to those celebrating.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for my upcoming tests and our living situation.

I have to sign off as it is time for my appointment.

More later.

God bless,

Terri

Good luck and best wishes for the  results you want.

Graham.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Believe it or not, none of our pharmacies, drug stores,  grocery stores, or health department here in mid florida have the vaccine.  It is so frustrating.  We would have to drive over 50 miles to get one.

If I were trying to get one, the nearest place is a bit over 20 miles away, and it's the pediatric department of a hospital. I was surprised that my county's health department wasn't listed; that's where I had to go for Hep A and B vaccinations.

"Howl at the Moon" is the name of a show on NCL ships, but I don't think that it's what the day represents.

Two musicians. Two pianos. Too much fun to experience by yourself. Bring your friends and your favorite song requests. This is Howl at the Moon, the world’s greatest dueling piano show at Headliners, which is exclusively on Norwegian Cruise Line. Come sing and dance the night away as our talented musicians jam out and perform your favorite songs from the 70s, 80s, 90s and today. Want to hear a Billy Joel classic? What about Lady Gaga? Our versatile musicians are up for anything. So get ready for a howlin’ good time.

This morning I'm updating a list of churches and clergy, needed for an event next month. It's tedious and irritating, partly because even the denominational websites aren't entirely current.

When I mentioned cruises that call at Ashdod to an Israeli friend, he asked, "Why? It's just like [name of a dreary town near here]." It didn't occur to him that it would be the port for Jerusalem, because he grew up in metro Tel Aviv and the route to Jerusalem from there is inland.

484497095_dogsinheaven.jpg.751e602b09ceb1c12f1cc95b7f7f333c.jpg

• Like 21

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's lists Roy and the kind mention of my hip x-ray's tomorrow morning.

Only one of my hips was x-rayed 4 years ago and it was moderate/Severe arthritis then so not expecting good news plus the other hip is troublesome affecting my sleep.

I have 2 suspect lesions on my face and waiting for a new appointment to get them cut out because my op clashed with a paid for cruise.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone else on the care list.

Kindest regards.

Graham.

Good luck with the x-ray Graham.  I hope you can arrange a satisfactory time to get those lesions looked at, soon, but not interfere with a cruise.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much @StLouisCruisers  For making it very easy to get back to the fotos I had posted last year , they are a little different from yours and Lenda 

We had a fantastic cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean , Greece , Albania , Italy , Cyprus , Israel , Malta , Spain, Portugal and after that all the way back to Ft Lauderdale on the beautiful Prinsendam in Oct / Nov 2016 .

Our good friends Ann @VictOriann  , with DH Pat and their DD had organized a wonderful tour to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea from Ashdad. It was a very long but amazing day one we will always remember , towards the end of the day floating in the Dead Sea healed us all .

Thank you very much for your beautiful pictures  and the descriptions @StLouisCruisers   and @Quartzsite Cruiser of coarse we went to a lot of the same places  I will try not to duplicate too many pictures .

DSCN0587.thumb.JPG.46cd604e23a8dc8f342d0cd79614cefd.JPG

DSCN0596.thumb.JPG.5249020ac64f06ae7a3219d3495ecb2c.JPG

DSCN0615.thumb.jpg.5bb14f35d09d6b3847f4c330433490dc.jpg

DSCN0616.thumb.jpg.71735afeb9e12b12edfd2dd96af967b0.jpg

DSCN0626.thumb.jpg.187090ed31b2b3cc5abb09573bf4b518.jpg

DSCN0629.thumb.jpg.b5cc4fb9760b6f4af49efbf169a8e7a5.jpg

DSCN0633.thumb.jpg.94b18ecaf5ea622cec7d7db372289700.jpg

554626047_DSCN06682.thumb.JPG.2fdb4e9942d9450b91d18285337849f7.JPG

IMG_4781.thumb.JPG.44c8ec69a3ab5f8fb4884f6b17061dc5.JPG

1885734110_DSCN06542.thumb.JPG.63b659c20860dcba86fcf00b4cac4ce5.JPG

1991625135_DSCN06622.thumb.JPG.0bb3d56532e4d0569a8bed9c7db585f0.JPG

DSCN0641.thumb.JPG.a8081431d4b566df9573fa531bd8c773.JPG

DSCN0677.thumb.JPG.732cf344fb98a0d8e4aae8e889b7da25.JPG

DSCN0687.thumb.JPG.e2664519207e831cc707dca03ffd9bbd.JPG

DSCN0683.thumb.JPG.ecc132f6b5f4ee4c0d2bbe19b469f4fd.JPG

An amazing day and wonderful tour we saw so much history and religion in just a few hours after that we went to the Dead Sea but I will show some pictures in a separate post . ( they will have to go through the  censor board first ! 😄😄 ) 

Tony 
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Ashdad tour Part 2 .

It was quite a warm day and we had already done a lot of walking so after a drive towards the Dead Sea  we stopped for a snack and drink before we took a “ dive “ into the sea .

Here you can see the sea in the distance 

DSCN0695.thumb.jpg.52178e4b5d3d632407172062c62508ec.jpg

The date palm farms 

DSCN0700.thumb.JPG.52418d4b5b069fc43fdac5b9237cb781.JPG

DSCN0701.thumb.JPG.37426ef4ba6bde98faab23042dd942cb.JPG

It is not easy walking into the sea because of all the very uneven seafloor you can't see under the water  but once in it was wonderful what an experience .!
 I have to admit , I am not a swimmer , but I was so happy to float on my back for minutes without doing anything  . DW got some very , very salty water in her eyes ( yes she was warned …....) so she went quick to the showers .

DSCN0704.thumb.JPG.94da10363de581a08f73edb45a02a635.JPG

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am sorry to do this to you but the speedo and bikini pictures I have on file did not make it through the Censor ! 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DSCN0703.thumb.JPG.744c19df58bb3c7a879b7811ee082c5f.JPG

DSCN0711.thumb.jpg.3a24eadb722d87dc50f368e4740a7c88.jpg

DSCN0714.thumb.jpg.aa9f8480af08feb0be4af4a32dc2215f.jpg

DSCN0718.thumb.JPG.60390d8852cb66e98231000619f1bf08.JPG

Our Israeli guide  , Ital , who had done an awesome job all day  did not talk about the settlements we saw in Palestinian territory ......

Tony 😄

OK Ann @VictOriann you can look now you are safe !
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

We don’t want to get the vaccine. We are both over 75 and will try the Dr for an exception. 

You will probably get by with a Dr.'s exemption. When I visited Devil's Island it was supposedly required but no one even asked. If I remember right, HAL just accepted my ages old vaccine info. I know I did not have the updated shot. I am also over 75.

Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

You will probably get by with a Dr.'s exemption. When I visited Devil's Island it was supposedly required but no one even asked. If I remember right, HAL just accepted my ages old vaccine info. I know I did not have the updated shot. I am also over 75.

Susan

I believe the latest guidance is that the shot is now good for a lifetime.

Roy

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:
Thank you very much @StLouisCruisers  For making it very easy to get back to the fotos I had posted last year , they are a little different from yours and Lenda 

We had a fantastic cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean , Greece , Albania , Italy , Cyprus , Israel , Malta , Spain, Portugal and after that all the way back to Ft Lauderdale on the beautiful Prinsendam in Oct / Nov 2016 .

Our good friends Ann @VictOriann  , with DH Pat and their DD had organized a wonderful tour to Jerusalem and the Dead Sea from Ashdad. It was a very long but amazing day one we will always remember , towards the end of the day floating in the Dead Sea healed us all .

Thank you very much for your beautiful pictures  and the descriptions @StLouisCruisers   and @Quartzsite Cruiser of coarse we went to a lot of the same places  I will try not to duplicate too many pictures .

DSCN0587.thumb.JPG.46cd604e23a8dc8f342d0cd79614cefd.JPG

DSCN0596.thumb.JPG.5249020ac64f06ae7a3219d3495ecb2c.JPG

DSCN0615.thumb.jpg.5bb14f35d09d6b3847f4c330433490dc.jpg

DSCN0616.thumb.jpg.71735afeb9e12b12edfd2dd96af967b0.jpg

DSCN0626.thumb.jpg.187090ed31b2b3cc5abb09573bf4b518.jpg

DSCN0629.thumb.jpg.b5cc4fb9760b6f4af49efbf169a8e7a5.jpg

DSCN0633.thumb.jpg.94b18ecaf5ea622cec7d7db372289700.jpg

554626047_DSCN06682.thumb.JPG.2fdb4e9942d9450b91d18285337849f7.JPG

IMG_4781.thumb.JPG.44c8ec69a3ab5f8fb4884f6b17061dc5.JPG

1885734110_DSCN06542.thumb.JPG.63b659c20860dcba86fcf00b4cac4ce5.JPG

1991625135_DSCN06622.thumb.JPG.0bb3d56532e4d0569a8bed9c7db585f0.JPG

DSCN0641.thumb.JPG.a8081431d4b566df9573fa531bd8c773.JPG

DSCN0677.thumb.JPG.732cf344fb98a0d8e4aae8e889b7da25.JPG

DSCN0687.thumb.JPG.e2664519207e831cc707dca03ffd9bbd.JPG

DSCN0683.thumb.JPG.ecc132f6b5f4ee4c0d2bbe19b469f4fd.JPG

An amazing day and wonderful tour we saw so much history and religion in just a few hours after that we went to the Dead Sea but I will show some pictures in a separate post . ( they will have to go through the  censor board first ! 😄😄 ) 

Tony 

Excellent photos Tony.

With Lenda,Sandi and your photos I feel as though I have been there too.

Many thanks to you all.

Graham.

• Like 8

Good morning and thanks all!  @dfish those peppers look great!  Thanks for the photos Sandi, Lenda and Tony!    Will gladly celebrate artists, DS is one.  
@seagarsmoker Happy anniversary!  Sweet 16! 
@Quartzsite Cruiser sending you good thoughts and wishes for a good outcome.  Understand your exhaustion dealing with everything.  

Just a thought, we have so many dealing with so many issues and I’m wondering if a lot  are unsaid, perhaps too difficult to express.  So I will add to my list all those struggling with unspoken needs. 

56252D6D-5270-4CB1-951A-610820215861.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@dfish Debbie our home in Coeur d'alene sold and we bought the Georgetown home in 1 week. Flew home and sold everything I had not needed or used. Including all our furniture and jeep and car. All in one month.

I have not missed anything I sold or gave away. 

It may be that what isn't packed goes to the curb.  I've got the most important stuff and I'm waiting to pack clothing as I may need it.  Also, my bedding. The other two beds are stripped and the bedding is packed.  Really, what isn't packed is stuff I am still using.  

@grapau27 Wishing the best outcomes for you tomorrow.  

We finally got the final figures on the house and all is good.  Now, we just have to make arrangements to have money wired to the title agency and we are new homeowners.  It is down to the final finish.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

It may be that what isn't packed goes to the curb.  I've got the most important stuff and I'm waiting to pack clothing as I may need it.  Also, my bedding. The other two beds are stripped and the bedding is packed.  Really, what isn't packed is stuff I am still using.  

@grapau27 Wishing the best outcomes for you tomorrow.  

We finally got the final figures on the house and all is good.  Now, we just have to make arrangements to have money wired to the title agency and we are new homeowners.  It is down to the final finish.  

Thank you Debbie.

I have made an appointment with my doctor for 2 weeks time to discuss the x-ray results.

The radiographers who take the x-rays won't discuss them with the patient and it takes a week for them to pass on to my doctor.

I'm pleased for you that your move should be completed soon.

Graham 

• Like 10

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I won't be howling at the moon tonight, nor be a punk for a day. Hat's off to artists. Excellent quote.

Yes to the meal, pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Ashdod.

It's our final sunny, 70's day. Rain and falling temps tomorrow. I'm finally feeling better from my weekend GI treatment. I'm doing some cleaning of lace curtains and need to get new shades for one of my 3rd floor rooms. Tomorrow will be injection day and a Neurology appointment.

@Cruzin Terri Condolences on the loss of your dear friend's Mother. I hope your tests went well today.

@seagarsmoker Happy Anniversary! Lovely photos.

@4966and556 Nice of you to adopt another cat.

@kazu Good luck with the packing. Layers should make it easier to accommodate the temps.

@StLouisCruisers I hope the dental appointments went well. Thanks for the Ashdod/Jerusalem photos, and for posting Lenda's pictures too.

@aliaschief Thanks for the photos.

@summer slope Oh my! And I think I'd heard that Yellow Fever vaccine was problematic over a certain age, and also that it's hard to find it.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Don't worry about us, take care of yourself and be with DH. 

@grapau27 Good luck with the x-rays and having the skin lesions taken off.

@smitty34877 I hope all went well with DH's stress test. 

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad you were safe. I saw some photos on the news of that semi truck overturned. 

@sailingdutchy Great photos.

@dfish Congrats!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to all with something to Celebrate.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Debbie, @dfish which day did you say was your closing date? 

Good luck with your X-rays and visit with the doctor in two weeks Graham @grapau27.  Also the skin lesions which are always a concern.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserjust let me know if you want me to move your photos over each day for a while.  At least until you get back home and can manage it yourself.  We've had quite a nice group of photos for Ashdod today.  I know I've enjoyed them and think most others would say the same.  I hope Steve is doing well today.

We had an easy visit to the dentist having our permanent crowns set.  DH's was over an implant and mine was the usual type.  Thank goodness that's over with. 🦷  Hopefully these crowns don't give us any problems and we're all set to go to the Amazon.

Everyone in the neighborhood was emailed news that Linda will be coming HOME Thursday!  Her daughter will be staying here with her for a while.  There will be a sign up sheet for evening meals so that should help out with her daughter spending most of her time taking care of her.  This is what we've all been praying for.  Thanks for all the prayers from Dailyites these past 2 months. 🙏 

Edited to add, good luck to Vanessa too at the doctor appointments tomorrow.

In addition I wanted to say that the Yellow Fever vaccination was difficult to locate in 2018 due to a factory shutdown for renovation, we were told.  There were only 3 places in Georgia to get one and we picked Atlanta which was closest to us.  It was a county health department.  The vaccine had to come from France!  When we made our appointments they didn't tell it was only a consultation and we would have to come back again for the actual shots.  That was quite disappointing because we hate driving in Atlanta.  But we eventually got it done before our cruise which included Senegal and The Gambia, and they were pretty expensive I know.  Seems like somewhere around $160 for each of us.  I'm glad we don't have to do that again.  I guess our health was good enough for us to receive it even though we were well over 60.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I won't be howling at the moon tonight, nor be a punk for a day. Hat's off to artists. Excellent quote.

Yes to the meal, pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Ashdod.

It's our final sunny, 70's day. Rain and falling temps tomorrow. I'm finally feeling better from my weekend GI treatment. I'm doing some cleaning of lace curtains and need to get new shades for one of my 3rd floor rooms. Tomorrow will be injection day and a Neurology appointment.

@Cruzin Terri Condolences on the loss of your dear friend's Mother. I hope your tests went well today.

@seagarsmoker Happy Anniversary! Lovely photos.

@4966and556 Nice of you to adopt another cat.

@kazu Good luck with the packing. Layers should make it easier to accommodate the temps.

@StLouisCruisers I hope the dental appointments went well. Thanks for the Ashdod/Jerusalem photos, and for posting Lenda's pictures too.

@aliaschief Thanks for the photos.

@summer slope Oh my! And I think I'd heard that Yellow Fever vaccine was problematic over a certain age, and also that it's hard to find it.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Don't worry about us, take care of yourself and be with DH. 

@grapau27 Good luck with the x-rays and having the skin lesions taken off.

@smitty34877 I hope all went well with DH's stress test. 

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad you were safe. I saw some photos on the news of that semi truck overturned. 

@sailingdutchy Great photos.

@dfish Congrats!

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to all with something to Celebrate.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

I hope all goes well tomorrow for your injection and neurology appointment.

Graham.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie, @dfish which day did you say was your closing date? 

Good luck with your X-rays and visit with the doctor in two weeks Graham @grapau27.  Also the skin lesions which are always a concern.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserjust let me know if you want me to move your photos over each day for a while.  At least until you get back home and can manage it yourself.  We've had quite a nice group of photos for Ashdod today.  I know I've enjoyed them and think most others would say the same.  I hope Steve is doing well today.

We had an easy visit to the dentist having our permanent crowns set.  DH's was over an implant and mine was the usual type.  Thank goodness that's over with. 🦷  Hopefully these crowns don't give us any problems and we're all set to go to the Amazon.

Everyone in the neighborhood was emailed news that Linda will be coming HOME Thursday!  Her daughter will be staying here with her for a while.  There will be a sign up sheet for evening meals so that should help out with her daughter spending most of her time taking care of her.  This is what we've all been praying for.  Thanks for all the prayers from Dailyites these past 2 months. 🙏 

Thank you for your good wishes Sandi.

I'm pleased your dental visit for you both went well today.

Your trip to the Amazon sounds amazing.

Good news your neighbour Linda is coming home on Thursday.

It will be upsetting for her after losing her husband and her daughter spending time with her and all you lovely friends she has will be a godsend for her.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

In addition I wanted to say that the Yellow Fever vaccination was difficult to locate in 2018 due to a factory shutdown for renovation, we were told.  There were only 3 places in Georgia to get one and we picked Atlanta which was closest to us.  It was a county health department.  The vaccine had to come from France! 

Yup. While the only YF vaccine formally approved in the U.S. was unavailable, an emergency authorization was given for a different one that was approved in France but not here.

• Like 7

We went to the local Humane Society.   We found a cat and went to the desk to ask about it.  We were told to go home and apply online.  I sent the email as soon as we got home.  SEVEN emails later and now we have an appointment  for a "Meet and greet"  with her on Saturday.  They needed us to send them a reference and   details about our vet.   

• Like 13

Good afternoon everyone.

Finally I can report some good news.  

1) The EMG report shows that the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is mild in both hands and does not require surgery.  At least not right now.  Also the pain in my hands may have been related to the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.

2) More good news.  The C-Reactive Protein level shows that the inflammation level is 4.9.  That is well within the normal range.  That means I can wean myself off the prednisone in the next two weeks as suggested by my PCP.  This makes me very happy.  i just hope when I get my next Covid vaccine I don’t have another flare-up.

Sooooooo,  thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes regarding my health.  I really appreciate the support received on this thread.

Now for the not so good news.  The insurance company does not respond to my contractor.  That means we are getting nowhere fast.  Without a meeting of the minds regarding an estimate for the work to be done, no work gets done in our home.  Therefore we continue to live outside our home.

It is almost two months since the flood happened and we are still waiting.

We are trying to be patient, but it is hard.   

I know there are people in worse shape than us and I try to remember that and count the blessings we have.  

Please keep us in your prayers.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7