Cruise line similar to Celebrity

pna

We love Celebrity but are thinking of booking a last minute cruise for March 2023 to Caribbean.   We will be in Florida a couple weeks so want to cruise after that.  None of the Celebrity dates coincide with our Florida dates.    Looking for a similar line.   Did Oceania and for some reason wasn't a good match for us.

49 minutes ago, pna said:

We love Celebrity but are thinking of booking a last minute cruise for March 2023 to Caribbean.   We will be in Florida a couple weeks so want to cruise after that.  None of the Celebrity dates coincide with our Florida dates.    Looking for a similar line.   Did Oceania and for some reason wasn't a good match for us.

Without knowing your particular likes, I can offer this advice.

If you like Celebrity Millennium Class ships, take a look at RCI Radiance Class.  If you like Celebrity Solstice Class ships, take a look at RCI Quantum Class ships.  These ships are very similar to the Celebrity classes I mentioned but with more energy and activities.   A good thing about RCI is they'll recognize your status on Celebrity.

If it's the more subtle, laid-back nature of Celebrity you prefer, take a look at Holland America Pinnacle Class ships.  I cruised Koningsdam and loved it.  In fact, I remember mentioning from time to time that it felt a little like Celebrity.  

Princess is another good line to consider for overall quality.  My only reservation with them is their ships.  I'm just not a fan.  

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look at what RCI ships are sailing out of Florida during your timeframe several of them are.

You could easily do Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Port Canaveral...or even Tampa depending on where you'll be. Personally I would do one of the larger ships like Harmony. Enjoy whatever you decide.

8 hours ago, pna said:

I really enjoy Celebrity, and I share your opinion of Oceania. If you drop that kind of cash again, give Viking Ocean a try. 

I agree with Aquahound’s post above. I’m not a big fan of Holland America but I do think their newer ships are a huge improvement. Pinnacle Class is similar to Celebrity. 

Celebrity is somewhat unique (depending on your cabin category) within the mass market lines.  If you post a follow-up post telling us what you like and do not like about Celebrity and what you did not like about "O" we might be able to offer some alternative suggestions.

Hank

• Like 1

We sailed on the Celebrity Equinox.    Love the ship and the fun bars.  Also the food was good.   Oceania was a bit stuffy for us.   Too many people talking about all the cruises they had been on and where all they had gone.   Also a bit laid back for us.  While we are senior citizens we still like some activities.   Not necessarily the pool games but like to have some activities, lectures or such available.  Did not feel the food choices and variety on Oceania was great.

Edited by pna

For  activities  maybe try  Viking, NCL Princess or RCCL

Food is  subjective  but cannot imagine  food on Oceania not having  variety  maybe  just not  what you are used to

You will not get everything  on one line

3 hours ago, pna said:

We sailed on the Celebrity Equinox.    Love the ship and the fun bars.  Also the food was good.   Oceania was a bit stuffy for us.   Too many people talking about all the cruises they had been on and where all they had gone.   Also a bit laid back for us.  While we are senior citizens we still like some activities.   Not necessarily the pool games but like to have some activities, lectures or such available.  Did not feel the food choices and variety on Oceania was great.

Reading this feedback, I highly recommend RCI Quantum Class.  The design of the ship has a similar feel to Equinox in certain areas.

I know what you mean by the fun bars on Celebrity.  Celebrity's Martini Bar is one of my favorite venues across all cruise lines.  You will get that same vibe in several of the lounges on RCI, and many of them have live entertainment.  You have to see Two70 in person.  The lounge is pretty awesome.  

I still recommend HAL Pinnacle Class for a feel similar to Celebrity.  However, you might feel a little let-down on the bar vibe.  Activities are almost nonexistent.