LIVE — Equinox, November 3rd

What A Market

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Another from What A Market! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

What A Market was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Well, here I am again. This is my third Celebrity cruise post-Covid (as if that’s some kind of actual date) and fourth cruise overall post-Covid.  Last cruise was a Pacific Coastal cruise this past September with Oceania (awesome).  

For this cruise, we are traveling with good friends from Cincinnati (Phil and Susie). This is  another Caribbean cruise, like my previous two recent Celebrity cruises. This one includes the ABC islands, which I’ve never done, along with a stop in Grand Caymans.

My last cruise on an S-Class ship was actually my last cruise pre-Covid. That was September 2019 (seems like forever ago) to Alaska. We traveled with my two favorite cruise mates — Shannon and Blaine (daughter and SIL).  The two more recent Celebrity cruises were on the Apex. We were in the Retreat on both cruises, and enjoyed the Retreat amenities on that class of ship. We’re in Royal Suite for this cruise. 

As I type this, we are flying from Phoenix to Fort Lauderdale via Dallas on American Airlines. So far everything has been on time and not hectic. Staying in the Ritz Fort Lauderdale for one night pre-cruise. Used part of my gigantic Marriott point bank to book the room. (Not traveling in hotels during Covid, particularly with no trips to Europe, has allowed me to accumulate a huge block of points.)

Edited by What A Market
  • Like 2

Looking forward to your review.  I have sailed twice on Equinox (actually my first Celebrity cruise) and will sail on her again in February…also the ABC islands; but rather than Grand Cayman, we will stop in Puerta Plata. 
Bon Voyage

Boarding day!

I booked this cruise only two months ago. That may be a record for shortest time between booking date and cruise date. Basically a last minute decision when we found out friends had been planning this cruise.

Not sure when we’ll board today. Being in the Retreat gives you the option of showing up pretty much at anytime. That said, the Celebrity App still has you select a boarding time. The Shoreside Concierge also asks if you have a preferred boarding time.

I’ll try to post as frequently as I can. I usually start out with a bang, but peter out later in the cruise. 😆  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C4HCG said:

If you like a drink and music try the party bus on St Lucia, a brilliant day. Was one of the Celebrity excursions when we did that cruise in September 

Not going to St Lucia on this one, IMHO

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not going to St Lucia on this one, IMHO

🙈oops. Mixing our cruises up. We did the ABC in May and Southern Caribbean in September.  But if the captain gets equally confused do the party trip if he takes you to the wrong island 🤪.  I will shut up now 👍

Edited by C4HCG
  • Haha 1

Ok, this has been a bust for a Posting Live thread!  I’ll try to get my act together. Lol

Retreat boarding was a breeze.  We arrived at Terminal 25 at just before noon to no line whatsoever. After our friends arrived at around 1:00, we decided to go grazing for lunch and went up to Oceanview.  It was packed. We grabbed seats at a shared high top table. I sampled a number of dishes from the Indian food station. It was all tasty.

After lunch we went “grazing” around the various outside bars.  Busy busy, but lots of fun people enjoying the afternoon. Getting served requires some patience at these busy bars, but a simple cheat for getting a beer was to go to the Mast Grill instead of the Mast Bar. Beer sitting on ice at the staff there was quick to hand you whatever was on ice.

I’m sitting at Cafe al Bacio as I do every morning. Plenty of sitting available for relaxing with your morning espresso. The line for takeaway is frequently huge. Heading off for breakfast in Luminae shortly. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 8:56 AM, What A Market said:

Boarding day!

I booked this cruise only two months ago. That may be a record for shortest time between booking date and cruise date. Basically a last minute decision when we found out friends had been planning this cruise.

Not sure when we’ll board today. Being in the Retreat gives you the option of showing up pretty much at anytime. That said, the Celebrity App still has you select a boarding time. The Shoreside Concierge also asks if you have a preferred boarding time.

I’ll try to post as frequently as I can. I usually start out with a bang, but peter out later in the cruise. 😆  

I think we have you beat, we live in Charlotte County Florida and were hammered by Hurricane Ian. Power along with Comcast was lost. We weren't going to sit around for who knows how long without basic services with no air conditioning.

Ian hit us on Wednesday Sept.28, the only thing working was my cell phone and we were able to book a cruise on Thursday the 29th for Sat. Oct 1st on the Infiniti, that's 2 days.  We drove over a day early and we had one of the best cruises, beautiful ship, with excellent service along with great entertainment and food. I was able to do all our boarding requirements at our hotel as I brought our laptop along.

One other thing, our SUV was pretty banged up by the storm, we live in a condo and the SUV sits in a carport, I think every shingle from the condo next door plus other flying stuff hit our car. We were going to trade in June as the 3 year warranty expires but instead we found a Nissan dealer on Federal highway in Fort Lauderdale and walked out 2 hours later with a new 2023 Rogue.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’m surprised to hear that you snagged a suite as a last minute booking, congratulations on that! Can I ask if your room service menu shows some items at an upcharge? Crab cake, ribeye, grilled sea bass? Thanks in advance! 

Here’s the room service menu for items other than breakfast.

4AC3E239-8A4F-4061-A996-A1D8BD9F8772.jpeg

B7077E0D-222C-4CD9-97C8-CBEF59635B51.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, What A Market said:

Still doing horrible job posting live. 

Here’s quick note on Oceanview for breakfast this morning:

No Greek yogurt

No berries

And worse — No hash browns!!!

WOW

Hoping they do some restock b4 we board next week!

(I know on the Caribbean Princess this summer there were some things we couldn't get the 1st week. Head Waiter was very apologetic. Week 2 they were fully stocked. Appears to be supply chain issues...so we all have to roll with it)

On 11/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, KKB said:

As are we! 

Hope you have a great time. We loved our Equinox cruise, which was our last pre-Covid cruise. Hope you are enjoying all the retirement cruises !!!!

mac_tlc