And worse — No hash browns!!!

I can do without as lot of things, but no hash browns…😱😱😱

3 hours ago, What A Market said:

Still doing horrible job posting live. 

Here’s quick note on Oceanview for breakfast this morning:

No Greek yogurt

No berries

Ok, that's it...cancelling my January cruise on the 'Nox...

(and if you believe that, I've got some pristine shorefront property in Florida for sale...pennies on the dollar!)

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Hope you have a great time. We loved our Equinox cruise, which was our last pre-Covid cruise. Hope you are enjoying all the retirement cruises !!!!

mac_tlc

Looking forward to it--sailing with friends we met in 2018 on the Equinox!

Hoping that we, too, shall cruise again together.
LOVING all the cruises!

• Like 1

Another sea day today.  Lazy day on Grand Cayman yesterday. We didn’t do anything other than walk around the shops and hit a couple of bars. We plan to be a little more energetic on the ABC islands.

Weather has been perfect so far (trying not to jinx it).  I wasn’t expecting the temps to be so warm — mid plus 80s. The pool side denizens are certainly soaking it up!  Growing up in Phoenix in the 60s and 70s, before the days of sunscreen, as a competitive swimmer and working as a roofer during the summers means I’ve had all the sun on person should be allowed. (If you’ve followed my live posts from other cruises, you know my DD has fought a protracted battle with Stage 3c melanoma cancer. So I’m pretty much F@#k the Sun.)

Lots of fun/happy people on this cruise. Easy to have a quick chat or share a story while hanging at a bar. There are some truly awesome people with this crew taking care of everyone. Speaking of bars and fun at bars, I can report that the ship is broadcasting American football all day today. A morning game, afternoon game and even the evening game will be shown. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@What A MarketThanks for these updates !  I hope you enjoy the ABCs. And have fun! Sounds like a great group of passengers and crew.

On a serious note, I'm sorry about your DD and I am with you on F@#k the sun. As a pasty , freckled strawberry blonde i spent my youth trying to tan (duh).  Moved to Florida for retirement and started getting yearly skin checks. Just a  few minor freeze treatments over the years,  then this year a noticed a small new  mole , asked specifically about it. 2 days to get biopsy results, surgery a week later and an impressive scar now.  It was just pure luck that I happened to notice it early. So Florida and cruise life for me now is a lot of skin coverage, shady spots and sunblock by the gallon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Beach said:

Eddy Jenkins is the CD but who is the captain?

Do you know when Eddy is leaving Equinox? I hope he'll still be on when we sail in December. Last year on Equinox we just missed him and had Shawna who was nice, but added nothing to the cruise experience. If he's leaving could you find out who his replacement will be? TIA

On 11/5/2022 at 7:48 AM, What A Market said:

Still doing horrible job posting live. 

Here’s quick note on Oceanview for breakfast this morning:

No Greek yogurt

No berries

You can normally only find Greek Yogurt in the Spa Cafe.   It is not put out and you have to ask for it.  They also always have both Regular and Greek in Retreat for the Breakfast Buffet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, What A Market said:

Weather has been perfect so far (trying not to jinx it).  I wasn’t expecting the temps to be so warm — mid plus 80s.

I find the temps in the Caribbean to nearly always be 80s all year round!

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can normally only find Greek Yogurt in the Spa Cafe.   It is not put out and you have to ask for it.  They also always have both Regular and Greek in Retreat for the Breakfast Buffet

Thank you for that tip!

Breakfast this morning in the Retreat. 

A6261D24-5EA8-40BD-AA36-FF49637FE941.jpeg

577BC835-9009-4093-9C7B-C0ED849D2CE4.jpeg

• Like 2