Smaller Medallion?

I object 2

Yay!  We received our medallions in the mail today.  When I placed mine in the medallion bracelet I purchased last year, it doesn't fit.  It's a little smaller so it doesn't fit snuggly and sticks up at a slight angle.  Has anyone else had this problem?     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NownZen said:

If you are using the black bracelet, it has magnets in it and it will only sit properly in one orientation. Try rotating it 180 degrees.

Mine is a silver bracelet.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I turned turning it every which way....no luck.    I'll check with the Medallion staff on board next week.

31 minutes ago, I object 2 said:

Mine is a silver bracelet.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I turned turning it every which way....no luck.    I'll check with the Medallion staff on board next week.

Mine is the the same size and the gold bracelet fits the same. That’s odd. 

• Like 1

The medallions I received for our Island Princess cruise about a month ago are the same size as they have been since they came out.  The reason I can confidently say that is because we kept the old-style "clear plastic wafer" style of holder that was in use at the very beginning.  Every cruise we've taken I swap out the previous medallion for the one for the upcoming cruise.  Every one has fit.  I can't speak to issues with bracelets because we've never bought/used them.  We prefer the old style (especially me) because the carrier adds just enough dimension that I can find it very easily in my pants pocket where I always carry mine.  Jeannie likes it basically for the same reason in her purse.

medallion.jpg

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

Did it still come in the smaller holder with a loop on top? Not this one? Otherwise I need to figure out how to attach it to my retractable reel

Our recent ones came with a circle plastic holder with a loop. Just big enough to hold the OM.  It has a loop on top of the circle too.  Very cheap looking.

Ours fits into the rubber PCL bracelets and my gold PCL bracelet, no problem.

This was only 2 weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Did it still come in the smaller holder with a loop on top? Not this one? Otherwise I need to figure out how to attach it to my retractable reel

Not this one now. I threw the little plastic circle one away, cheap.  It did have a little loop on top for the enclosed lanyard.

Hold onto your holder above, you may prefer that one.

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes, they are now arriving as you say. As @PacnGoNowstated...very cheap!  If you put pressure on the middle of the medallion it will pop right out.

Medallion1.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Thanks 1

I just checked my medallion size received in April with older ones and there doesn't seem to be any difference in size.

The holder that we use doesn't rely on size so if there was a slight difference, we wouldn't have noticed it. 

• Like 1

We’ve cruise many times since the restart and have used the same wristbands and bracelets that we got onboard back in 2021.  The medallions we just received fit perfectly, as have all the other ones we’ve used in the past.  They are the same size as before.  

On 11/8/2022 at 12:09 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, they are now arriving as you say. As @PacnGoNowstated...very cheap!  If you put pressure on the middle of the medallion it will pop right out.

Medallion1.jpg

Didn't have any issue with the Medallion popping out of this holder. I did however have an issue with the holder for another reason. It's the exact size for a Canadian Toonie to fit in the back. The coin seals itself magnetically to the back of the Medallion and, if you don't notice it's there, holding the back of the Medallion to a scanner doesn't work. I told my wife my Medallion didn't work properly getting back on the ship and she looked at it and started laughing. I dumped the Toonie on a bartender.

• Haha 2

I get my Medallion on Monday & I’ll check the size. I have a veteran sticker on my last one which I plan to peel off & attach it to me new one. 

I’ll keep people posted. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Didn't have any issue with the Medallion popping out of this holder. I did however have an issue with the holder for another reason. It's the exact size for a Canadian Toonie to fit in the back. The coin seals itself magnetically to the back of the Medallion and, if you don't notice it's there, holding the back of the Medallion to a scanner doesn't work. I told my wife my Medallion didn't work properly getting back on the ship and she looked at it and started laughing. I dumped the Toonie on a bartender.

It's a strange occurrence about the Toonie.

We have holders (home made) that have a thin piece of sheet metal (magnetic) held to the back of the Medallion and have never had a problem with them not being recognized. 

Could it have been a one time fluke? 

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It's a strange occurrence about the Toonie.

We have holders (home made) that have a thin piece of sheet metal (magnetic) held to the back of the Medallion and have never had a problem with them not being recognized. 

Could it have been a one time fluke? 

Toonies are fairly thick so that is likely why the Medallion didn't work when I pressed the back of it to the reader.