Princess is keeping track of when I log into their web site.

geocruiser

Princess is  keeping track of when I log into their web site.  I logged in yesterday to view a cruise that some friends of mine are going on.  ( I am not cruising now, my choice).  Today I got a phone call from Princess.  The agent (called me by name) and told me that I had visited the web site, and that she would offer me a better rate and more OBC if I booked.  I did not listen to the offer because I have no plans of traveling now. Has this happened to  any one else?

30 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Princess is  keeping track of when I log into their web site.  I logged in yesterday to view a cruise that some friends of mine are going on.  ( I am not cruising now, my choice).  Today I got a phone call from Princess.  The agent (called me by name) and told me that I had visited the web site, and that she would offer me a better rate and more OBC if I booked.  I did not listen to the offer because I have no plans of traveling now. Has this happened to  any one else?

EVERY web site you visit is subject to being tracked. Nothing different with Princess. At least Princess is reaching out to you to provide a service rather than just mining your information to sell to third parties for profit. 

• Like 11

Just now, SantaFeFan said:

EVERY web site you visit is subject to being tracked. Nothing different with Princess. At least Princess is reaching out to you to provide a service rather than just mining your information to sell to third parties for profit. 

I did not mind the phone call.  I agree with you.  This was the first time it happened to me.

What would be amazing is if the Princess Planners actually responded to booked cruisers phone calls.  Not acceptable.  : (

We missed out on $200.00 because of this.

Haven't been able to get a response from the planner that 'contacted us' to make the booking for MONTHS.   But, they seem to have all the time in the world to SPAM or Pfish.

I have absolutely no respect for how Princess is doing business now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

What would be amazing is if the Princess Planners actually responded to booked cruisers phone calls.  Not acceptable.  : (

We missed out on $200.00 because of this.

Haven't been able to get a response from the planner that 'contacted us' to make the booking for MONTHS.   But, they seem to have all the time in the world to SPAM or Pfish.

I have absolutely no respect for how Princess is doing business now.

It's a sales profession, so I suggest finding a travel agent that works for you and actually wants to do a good job for you. I would not use a TA from the cruise line, unless they gave fantastic fares that undercut the TA market. But, I don't think that they do that.

It happens often with Princess and NCL.. not a surprise since Im logged into my account when I browse.. 

If I'm not interested in booking I just let it go to voicemail If I am interested, then I take the call to see if the agent can improve the price or terms.. 

• Like 1

I understand that if you put on that aluminum foil hat thingy, stay away from windows while you surf and keep your mouth closed that they cannot track you.  Oh...and you have to keep your monitor turned off...

archie-mcphee-tinfoil-hat-humans-2.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

Yes, I had not noticed them doing this pre-covid, but it happened to me when I last logged in. I wanted to see how much OBC we had due to covid cancelled cruises, and quite frankly, the call worked, I booked a cruise. 

If it was a cruise you wanted at a price you liked, that sounds like a win/win outcome for both the cruise line and its caller and you.

• Like 1

It isn't a win win for those who are booked, can not get their planners, and are just disregarded by the main Princess number, because planners are spending every moment of their time trying to make their quota of call-backs and new bookings.

Of course everything is tracked.   I know that.  That is not the problem for me.

What I was surprised by was that Princess called me and told me that they would give me a better deal/rate and  with more OBC than what was shown on their web site.

I was wondering is any one else was offered a better deal from Princess after they were contacted by a Princess agent.

I know that I am being tracked when using the internet. 

18 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

What I was surprised by was that Princess called me and told me that they would give me a better deal/rate and  with more OBC than what was shown on their web site.

I was wondering is any one else was offered a better deal from Princess after they were contacted by a Princess agent.

I know that I am being tracked when using the internet. 

Yes, the website did not show many available cabins. When I received a call, I asked for pricing for the category I wanted, Deluxe balcony. Then I asked, well how much for a mini suite? They were able to offer the category I wanted and a mini suite at a price I was willing to pay. Mini Suites were not available to book online and at $300 more, I was happy to do it.  I was very pleased with the call. It was my PVP who called, but it's a new PVP to me. My last one moved to a different department within Princess. So, for me, it's been a good experience. I do find it strange that when I logged in, they called the next day, but it was a positive experience!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

It isn't a win win for those who are booked, can not get their planners, and are just disregarded by the main Princess number, because planners are spending every moment of their time trying to make their quota of call-backs and new bookings.

Of course everything is tracked.   I know that.  That is not the problem for me.

The two posts immediately after yours (#23 & #24) seem to contradict you. They say they were contacted after booking and received benefits or were made aware of new offers.