Sea day Sunday brunch still happening?

golfguyhhi

We will have 4 Sundays on our 21 days on board Splendor in 2024, but only 1 will be a sea day. Embark on Sunday in San Juan. Sunday in Miami for transition day. Sunday sea day. And then Sunday disembark in Barcelona. Sounds like only 1 Sunday brunch, but what should we expect on the others?

They never have a the big brunch with all the assorted food on a Changeover day.

Not  been on the two new ships(will be on the Splendor in Dec). The Mariner and The Navigator have a fabulous galley Brunch on a sea day on the longer segments(maybe 12 days or more?). It may have been on a Sunday but for sure it was on a sea day. We have had this fabulous food display and choice on both ships three or four times each, but they were segment s of 14 days or so.

I am looking forward to maybe seeing what the new ship do as we will have several Sea day Sundays however the two segment themselves are not long.

I must be the only one that isn’t impressed with the massive display of just ok food.  I didn’t think the dessert, the sushi, salads, sad looking crab legs were all that great at the Splendor Sunday brunch.  Is there something on there besides the ok caviar that I’m missing?  

On 11/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, golfguyhhi said:

Thanks everybody!!!  Have 2 sea day Sundays on Splendor on the T/A in a week, and am now quite looking forward them.

@golfguyhhi,

I am hearing that the TA Splendor Gala Brunch will be on Nov. 27.  Usually only one per segment.  The Gala Brunch we had this segment was this past Sunday - it was a special event, for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There might be a special brunch on a non-Sunday, but I don’t think you want it to happen. 

On our Mediterranean cruise in 2019 we had a Wednesday sea day brunch. Before that we missed three or four ports due to bad weather(two of which became sea days) and were late into Rome due to a medical emergency. The brunch was very nice but missing Pompeii and Sicily much less so.