I left stuff in my room when when disembarked !! HELP

Oh crap - finally got home and finished unpacking after disembarking the NCL Pearl in Boston Friday - and realized that I left a whole drawer full of earrings, bracelets, and a watch in a drawer in the dressing area.  Haven Suite #15000

Anyone have an email address that I can send a plea for help ?

Any chance of ever seeing any of it again ?

Thanks 

Here - get your facts together, contact info & email NCL (see below) and cross your fingers ... 

NCL under the "Contact Us" section for Lost & Found:

All correspondence should include the guest's name (first and last), name of ship and sailing date, as well as a contact address and telephone number. Standard Response time is 10 business days from receipt.

• Click here to report items lost on your cruise.

Please note, if your item is located, a shipping cost will apply.

• Click here for the status of your claim.

Good luck - as best as I can recall from earlier post, those items found will be logged, turned over to shore-side NCL reps/agents and make its way to HQ in Miami somehow (going to a while for all these to happen) and for them to return it (at your expense, if I'm not mistaken ...)

• Like 1

I realized after disembarking but STILL IN THE PORT building.  Was able to talk to SHIP staff attached to housekeeping/stewards and describe exactly WHAT I left (nothing of value), and WHERE it was in the cabin.  Waited 90 minutes, but at least they came back to tell me......

...... S.O.L.

Went through the 'Lost Items' checklist as above, plus by phone to explain "In cabin".

'Status' remained stagnant (Months) until I gave up.

S.O.L.  twice.

Just my one-time experience.

Hope you have better luck.

I'm so sorry . I once lost a beautiful gold antique wedding band. Took it off to wash hands after we came back from final breakfast. Never saw it again ( RCCL). Now we both scour the cabin before we leave and write a big note to OPEN SAFE AND CHECK that we tape to the mirror. At least it was just costume jewelry. Next cruise buy yourself replacement stuff at the atrium sale.

• Like 1

I would expand that to say don't TRAVEL with anything you can't bear to lose. 

Many years ago, while in a congested haze with a head cold after a very long flight, I left a small zippered case of some jewelry (not expensive but of sentimental value to me) in an airport bathroom in Detroit.

Still kicking myself for not "leaving home without it".  Lesson learned... simply did not need to have that stuff with me.

That said, very much hope you are successful in recovering your items!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisersMandW said:

I read  a tip to put a sheet of white paper in the safe before you put anything in.  It's easier to see what's in there so you don't miss anything.

I bring two white washcolths from to put in the safe before storing anything in the safe.  I always bring a small flashlight to double check the safe before finishing the going home packing.

• Like 2

Sad to say no matter where you go restaurant, cruise, air port, hotel. If you lose something valuable you wont get it back but it doesn't hurt to try.

My son left his new cell phone on the school bus when he was in 6th grade the bus driver stole it lol would of never thought the bus driver would steal from a kid.

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We always do a final check with a flashlight. We also put our smaller items (house keys, car keys, passports, etc) into one big ziplock bag. It’s harder to “lose” a big bag in the safe than it is the smaller items. 

We do the same. It’s easier to grab a bag than smaller items that might be forgotten. I just don’t bring expensive or sentimental jewelry with me.  I have rings that can’t be replaced ( my moms engagement ring). I leave them at home.  I hope the OP gets her things back.  

• 3 months later...

I went to a street festival in the Tampa area about 5 years ago.  Vendor was selling high end jewelry and watches for well under "market" value.  I started talking to him about where he gets his inventory.  His story was that he was able to buy all of his items from Disney.  Anything in lost and found from all of the parks and resorts after a period of time was sold to him.  I have no idea if it is true but had no reason to doubt him.

I couldn't believe how many items he had.  Kind of sad that soo many people lose/forget things while on vacation.

43 minutes ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Follow up - Post

(first - didn't expect to get so many with negative comments !)

Anyway - Received EVERYTHING back a week after filling out the proper Form

Thank You  !!!! 

Thank you for posting this.  I left my hearing aids in the room the day of departure (12Mar).  I remember well seeing them in the room and I was sure I put them in my handcarry bag.  Wasn't there went I looked for them at home.  

Thanks again for posting this.  I used  your link to submit a report to NCL.  

• Like 1

I'm so terrified of leaving anything behind, I usually double- and triple-check the room before disembarking. Leaving stuff behind in the stateroom is one of my worst nightmares. In fact, I wonder if I should scribble a note to the steward with my contact info in the future, just in case!

12 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I usually double- and triple-check the room before disembarking.

That's me, usually pack the day before disembarkation and only leave out is the clothing we are traveling home with.  Everything else, we leave out on top of counter, were we can see it close to cell phones and put a small shoulder bag. Some things like travel size toothpaste/toiletries, we dispose on that last morning, and before exiting that cabin, the double and triple-check takes place, even under the bed.