Just booked Hawaii on the Edge!

gordylad

Sept 2024.... 12 nights Vancouver to Hawaii 3 overnight stops SV cabin........lets go....PS... For UK bookers $800 OBC Never been to Hawaii looking forward to it

Sat Sep 21 Vancouver: EMBARK
      Depart 5:00 PM 
Day 2 Sun Sep 22 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 3 Mon Sep 23 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 4 Tue Sep 24 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 5 Wed Sep 25 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 6 Thu Sep 26 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 7 Fri Sep 27 Hilo: DOCKED
    Arrive 8:00 AM   
Day 8 Sat Sep 28 Hilo: DOCKED
Day 9 Sun Sep 29 Kailua/Hawaii: TENDERED
Day 10 Mon Sep 30 Kailua/Hawaii: TENDERED
Day 11 Tue Oct 1 Lahaina: TENDERED
Day 12 Wed Oct 2 Lahaina: TENDERED
Day 13 Thu Oct 3 Honolulu: DEBARK
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

Sept 2024.... 12 nights Vancouver to Hawaii 3 overnight stops SV cabin........lets go....PS... For UK bookers $800 OBC Never been to Hawaii looking forward to it

Sat Sep 21 Vancouver: EMBARK
Day 2 Sun Sep 22 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 3 Mon Sep 23 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 4 Tue Sep 24 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 5 Wed Sep 25 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 6 Thu Sep 26 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 7 Fri Sep 27 Hilo: DOCKED
Day 8 Sat Sep 28 Hilo: DOCKED
Day 9 Sun Sep 29 Kailua/Hawaii: TENDERED
Day 10 Mon Sep 30 Kailua/Hawaii: TENDERED
Day 11 Tue Oct 1 Lahaina: TENDERED
Day 12 Wed Oct 2 Lahaina: TENDERED
Day 13 Thu Oct 3 Honolulu: DEBARK

I hope you have ‘Status’ as 4 tender ports are 4 too many in my opinion.😱

14 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

The alternative to tendering on Maui is dock on the other side of the island and that sucks.  Tendering goes pretty quick in both of those ports.  No biggy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

We’ve done that one twice on solstice. Great cruise. Enjoy! 

thanks...we have always wanted to go to Hawaii and having never been to Vancouver or California [nearest I suppose was Vegas]....it gives us a chance to see a few places in one hit

• Like 2

Thanks for posting! We had a cruise to Hawaii cancelled in April 2020 and has been a bucket list cruise for us.  I had my eye on the Solstice for April 2024...didn't even see the Edge Sep 2024 cruise.  Our plan was to book onboard our next cruise.  Perhaps this cruise will be more popular and we shouldn't wait to book??  Was really hoping Black Friday sale would offer reduced deposit but didn't happen.  We will be sailing the Edge for the first time in Feb.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Thanks for posting! We had a cruise to Hawaii cancelled in April 2020 and has been a bucket list cruise for us.  I had my eye on the Solstice for April 2024...didn't even see the Edge Sep 2024 cruise.  Our plan was to book onboard our next cruise.  Perhaps this cruise will be more popular and we shouldn't wait to book??  Was really hoping Black Friday sale would offer reduced deposit but didn't happen.  We will be sailing the Edge for the first time in Feb.  

I suppose it depends what type of cabin you want as to whether you book or wait. We always book early as we like specific cabins although we too will be on the Edge for the first time October 23 from Rome to Dubai. For the Hawaii September cruise we booked I thought it might have been more expensive that it was considering the OBC and its on the Edge which seems to be more pricey than other ships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gordylad said:

I suppose it depends what type of cabin you want as to whether you book or wait. We always book early as we like specific cabins although we too will be on the Edge for the first time October 23 from Rome to Dubai. For the Hawaii September cruise we booked I thought it might have been more expensive that it was considering the OBC and its on the Edge which seems to be more pricey than other ships.

Our dilema is since we have not yet been on an E class ship we are unsure about the Infinite Verandas.  We do have one booked for our upcoming Feb cruise on the Edge so won't know until then whether we like the IV or not.  From what I've read on CC people either love them or hate them.   Does anyone know if a Sunset Veranda is a good idea for a Hawaii cruise.  Decisions decisions!!

• Like 1

We have done a sunset veranda on a Hawaii Cruise twice from Vancouver and we loved it. Wouldn’t do it any other way. 

Thanks to the OP giving us this heads up we just booked a SV veranda on the Edge deck 10 from Honolulu to Sydney 18 nights. Thank you OP.  We did this cruise in 2018 on the Solstice and it is one of our favorite itineraries. Lots of sea days and beautiful ports.  Looking forward to doing it again.  After cruising on the Beyond in an SV last summer we love the E class of ships.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bebe08 said:

Our dilema is since we have not yet been on an E class ship we are unsure about the Infinite Verandas.  We do have one booked for our upcoming Feb cruise on the Edge so won't know until then whether we like the IV or not.  From what I've read on CC people either love them or hate them.   Does anyone know if a Sunset Veranda is a good idea for a Hawaii cruise.  Decisions decisions!!

we only book SV's.....

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

There are only two—- they are both overnight stops so it’s probably not as big a deal as it could be.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

We're also on Suez cruise and booked early as we wanted an SV. 

Edited by FourNines
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

There are only two—- they are both overnight stops so it’s probably not as big a deal as it could be.

mac_tlc

Using the tenders on the E class ships is very different than the other classes.   It’s so much easier as they use the Magic Carpet which has a platform that you literally just step aboard which makes it more stable. 

20 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Why exactly are you having a problem deciding? If you've read all the pros and cons it's actually VERY EASY DECISION. It all boils down to how you use a traditional balcony cabin. If you enjoy sitting out for long stretches of time enjoying the sun and wind then the IV cabin isn't going to work for you, PERIOD. If however all you do in a regular balcony cabin is go out for 5 minutes or so just to get some fresh out and enjoy the views, then the IV cabin is a good alternative. Additionally, a SV cabin is big enough to have a lounger to lay out. Will you ever do that? If that's something you want to do, then the IV cabin won't work.

People are overthinking this IV cabin dilema. It all boils down to how you use your balcony. 

Edit: Another thing about a SV cabin. Will you be traveling with other people? The Aft balconies are large enough for entertaining. Can't do that in a IV cabin.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

It’s also a long walk to get back there. If you enjoy a lot of extra steps on your Fitbit it’s a good choice.  We have traveled across the Pacific twice in good seas in a SV. We loved it. The roughest for us was it was lousy weather in the NW so the first day was somewhat rolly in Sept/Oct. you do feel more movement on the Aft.  We love it but others do not.  
The nice part about the IV is the windows open so it’s kind of like the windows on a riverboat if you have ever been one. 

If you have any desire to cruise in a SV you better grab it sooner rather than wait. They get snapped up fast. You can always move to an IV but it may not be possible to change your mind in Feb after you have experienced your IV. 

Ten celebrity cruises with two booked all in sv cabins.....tells you something however each to their own.

We enjoyed our first experience carried on to our second then just carried on from there. We like quiet and find there is very little footfall around the sv cabins.