Open Booking Deposit Program

Keith1010

Just got the letter a few minutes ago.

I am sure they are being staggered over days as some got it the other day which makes a lot of sense.  The system worked very well but any system might be more challenged if lots of people are in at the same time.

Keith

It started with Dr Mr.  (my surname)

2022-12-15_11-34-30.thumb.png.28bf2cffe27a60ac7b2ce5eaca865276.png

43 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Just got the letter a few minutes ago.

I am sure they are being staggered over days as some got it the other day which makes a lot of sense.  The system worked very well but any system might be more challenged if lots of people are in at the same time.

Keith

It started with Dr Mr.  (my surname)

2022-12-15_11-34-30.thumb.png.28bf2cffe27a60ac7b2ce5eaca865276.png

I see they do not mention  returning to Hawaii or South America or Mexico in their letter here 😞

11 hours ago, wearesiamese said:

I see they do not mention  returning to Hawaii or South America or Mexico in their letter here 😞

Good catch.

Logic tells me a stop for sure in Hawaii but since not mentioned it looks like in that time frame it wouldn't include a R/T involving Hawaii.

We have to remember that it's not even a 18 month schedule so with 2 ships it's not going to hit everywhere.  😀

Keith

• Like 1

@Keith1010, thank you so much for starting this thread. I apologize if someone has already asked and answered this question. A few years ago, Crystal started charging a rather large cancellation fee, depending on cruise length, even if you cancelled your booking well before the final payment date. Have you heard if the “new” Crystal will be applying similar cancellation fees, especially if done well prior to the FP date?

The Open Deposit sounds interesting. But at the same time not so much if they tack on a $500 cancellation fee if we book a 2024 cruise with an OD and then later have to cancel over a year out for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

@Keith1010, thank you so much for starting this thread. I apologize if someone has already asked and answered this question. A few years ago, Crystal started charging a rather large cancellation fee, depending on cruise length, even if you cancelled your booking well before the final payment date. Have you heard if the “new” Crystal will be applying similar cancellation fees, especially if done well prior to the FP date?

The Open Deposit sounds interesting. But at the same time not so much if they tack on a $500 cancellation fee if we book a 2024 cruise with an OD and then later have to cancel over a year out for whatever reason.

HI Ken the cruiser.

RIght now I only know two related items.  One can cancel the open booking and get the full deposit of $500 returned.  Also, when it comes time to make a booking it states that it will require a 25% deposit.  Other than that I have not heard if there will be a cancellation fee and, if so, ow much after the full deposit is made.  Those are details which I am sure will come at the time they release pricing and open up the system for full deposits/bookings.

Keith

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

HI Ken the cruiser.

RIght now I only know two related items.  One can cancel the open booking and get the full deposit of $500 returned.  Also, when it comes time to make a booking it states that it will require a 25% deposit.  Other than that I have not heard if there will be a cancellation fee and, if so, ow much after the full deposit is made.  Those are details which I am sure will come at the time they release pricing and open up the system for full deposits/bookings.

Keith

Thanks Keith! Just curious, what state are you in? We’re currently in the Indian Ocean heading for Richard’s Bay SA on the NCL Jade on a 38-day B2B from Athens to Cape Town. It’s a little after 2 pm here, and I thought everyone would be asleep in the US right now! 😂

7 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Keith! Just curious, what state are you in? We’re currently in the Indian Ocean heading for Richard’s Bay SA on the NCL Jade on a 38-day B2B from Athens to Cape Town. It’s a little after 2 pm here, and I thought everyone would be asleep in the US right now! 😂

Ken the cruiser....I'm in Central time but have been up a few hours.  Maybe I should just say I'm on UK time.  LOL.

Keith

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ken the cruiser....I'm in Central time but have been up a few hours.  Maybe I should just say I'm on UK time.  LOL.

Keith

If you’re bored, I’ve got a Live From thread going over on the NCL forum. Anyway, thanks for the quick feedback. We’ll just wait to see what itineraries Crystal will be offering once they post them. We moved away from the old Crystal when they added a $500 cancellation fee on cruises over 21 days, even we you cancelled a year prior to the FP date, which we mostly book.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

16 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

It's there in the print.

Specialty dining is one of the ways that you can spend your "As you wish"  shipboard credit.

Could be the Vintage Room, or extra visits to Prego and Umi Uma, for some categories.

If all visits are up charges, I think that’s the best way to use obc.

I didn’t see spa visits. 

Time will tell.

• Like 1