Different prices for same cruise in the US/EU?

We talked in the other thread Deployment about the different prices for cruises from US vs Europe and it seems as cruises in Europe is MUCH more expensive than the ones in US. For example, this cruise a 7 night Greece and Croatia cruise on Explorer of the Seas 14th of sept 2024 in an inside cabin cost about $3400. 

To compare a 7 night 14th of Sept cruise  on ICON from Florida would cost $2650.

One of the worst examples is this 2 night Weekend Getaway cruise on Anthem from Southampton on the 12th of May, that cruise cost $1340 🥶

Can someone in the US please look what these two European cruises would cost if booking them on the Royals US website?

I think that Royal is using geopricing to us European customers

29 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

You don’t have to think- this has been that way for ages. Prices varies, sometimes wildly, depending on the market in which you book. Lots of folks from outside of North America use a US TA because of this. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

We talked in the other thread Deployment about the different prices for cruises from US vs Europe and it seems as cruises in Europe is MUCH more expensive than the ones in US. For example, this cruise a 7 night Greece and Croatia cruise on Explorer of the Seas 14th of sept 2024 in an inside cabin cost about $3400. 

To compare a 7 night 14th of Sept cruise  on ICON from Florida would cost $2650.

One of the worst examples is this 2 night Weekend Getaway cruise on Anthem from Southampton on the 12th of May, that cruise cost $1340 🥶

Can someone in the US please look what these two European cruises would cost if booking them on the Royals US website?

The 12th of May 2-night cruise is 2023. Currently the cheapest available on the US website (assuming no C&A balcony discount) is a gty balcony at $1304.

Edited by FionaMG

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The 12th of September 2-night cruise is 2023. Currently the cheapest available on the US website (assuming no C&A balcony discount) is a gty balcony at $1304.

The 2 night $1340 cruise I was looking at was not in Sept but in May 2023. I can't find a sept 12 may from Southampton on Royals European site.

It is possible to change the website from European to American but the prices are the same, although in dollar instead of our national currency. I get the same price as you for this cruise, 1304, my 1340 was my own currency conversion rate. But since Royal can see from where we are looking at their site regardless of what site version we use I was wondering what the price would be if someone IN the US looked at these cruises. From your profile it looks like you are Portugal based?

8 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

The 2 night $1340 cruise I was looking at was not in Sept but in May 2023. I can't find a sept 12 may from Southampton on Royals European site.

It is possible to change the website from European to American but the prices are the same, although in dollar instead of our national currency. I get the same price as you for this cruise, 1304, my 1340 was my own currency conversion rate. But since Royal can see from where we are looking at their site regardless of what site version we use I was wondering what the price would be if someone IN the US looked at these cruises. From your profile it looks like you are Portugal based?

Sorry, yes, I meant to write May and edited my answer but not quickly enough.

I am based in Portugal but I use a US TA and always get them to confirm the prices for me. So far, they have always been the same as the prices I see on Royal's US website. 

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Sorry, yes, I meant to write May and edited my answer but not quickly enough.

I am based in Portugal but I use a US TA and always get them to confirm the prices for me. So far, they have always been the same as the prices I see on Royal's US website. 

Ok, I understand, but in that case it would make the US prices same as European prices. I suspected they to be higher in Europe. I guess I will have to get a vpn client on my computer or start comparing prices on US travel agency sites.

44 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Look at tech warranty as an example: you pay way more for an iPhone than I do, plus you also get hit with the VAT.

The price for an iPhone is higher because it already includes the VAT in the advert. You do not get hit with additional.

Just now, UnregisteredUser said:

I always swap between UK and USA RCI site on the web to check. Prices are not the same.

Picking exactly the same cabin #  on Icon is £2985 on Uk which is $3550; where as on USA it is $3407 which is £2864

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Ok, I understand, but in that case it would make the US prices same as European prices. I suspected they to be higher in Europe. I guess I will have to get a vpn client on my computer or start comparing prices on US travel agency sites.

I can switch between countries and e.g. Europe 2024 prizes are all about two times higher on the German website than on the US site. In 2023 and the years before it depends, sometimes Europe rates have also been much lower. I can also book on the different Royal websides, you just have to agree to local travel law which is indeed different.

4 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

For example, this cruise a 7 night Greece and Croatia cruise on Explorer of the Seas 14th of sept 2024 in an inside cabin cost about $3400. 

Explorer to Greece out of Ravenna is an interesting example to use as the prices for 2024 are just crazy. We are on this sailing in 2023 in a Grand Suite for not much more than the GBP equivalent of the $3400 you mention you were quoted for an inside.

Generally we find that US departing cruises for us in the UK are cheaper booked on the UK website than the US one. We have booked quite a few cruises on the US site and no problem with needing a US address or needing a US credit card.

The problem we had was when RCI cancelled one of the cruises as paying in $ on a UK credit card was not an issue but the refund back in dollars was.

I like to see the difference in price between the UK and US website. As previously stated just change the country tab at the top of the royal website.  Our cruise on brilliance in aug (greece)  was cheaper base price before flights on the UK website. Even our florida cruise in feb was cheaper on the UK website. The thing that kills us for florida cruises is the flights. However saying that Anthem from Southampton is silly money compared to P&O. 

Even the deals change from region to region for the same cruise. 

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just FYI, if using an American agent you won't have access to European consumer laws and final payment may change due to currency fluctuations 

We are approaching our #55 cruise and NEVER EVER experienced change of final payment. When we book cruise we get invoice and it says what is remaining to pay and that is what we pay.

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

As previously stated just change the country tab at the top of the royal website. 

I can do that also but the prices are almost the same in US $ as in Swedish currency SEK, the small difference I see I attribute to currency exchange rates being bad for us. But this is not really away of getting the true US prices, the website still keps tracks on your ip adress and see that we look from Europe, to get the "real" US prices (not just quoted in $) we would need to change ip by vpn to look like we surfed into RCLs page from a US ip .adress