Regal Princess - Have you seen balloons being used? Arches, Drops, or during any parades or events

adventure4life

Hi all, 

For those past cruisers - do you recall seeing any balloons being used on Regal Princess? For example, Balloon Arches over entryway, balloon drops at the end of the cruise, events, parades or in the promenade?   Unfortunately customer service information is pretty disconnected about small details like this. I am digging through the images now and the weekly planners that are posted. 

Thank you so much! 

35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

along with plastic straws for frozen drinks

Funny that you mention that. I brought a handful last cruise & found that their latest paper straws were sufficient. I wound up taking them home with me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, adventure4life said:

I don't. I have a severe allergy and trying to avoid them. It looks like I forgot to add that detail in my post, my bad. 

Well you're in luck. You'll find it'll impossible to find any balloons on any of their ship nowadays. Even the ones above the cabin doors for celebrations are gone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

I don’t believe Ruby had any balloons on the public decks on any of our 6 post-restart sailings, but I’m almost absolutely certain I saw at least one cabin door decorated with them as part of a group. 

They must have brought their own balloons. 

I haven't seen balloon decorations since they stopped dropping them a few years back.

Even the old celebration signs are now a thing of the past.

We bring our old ones & hang them inside our cabin.

On 11/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, GonzoWCS said:

Sounds like our balloon dreams have been popped…..

Cheers

sorry 😞 I know balloons are a lot of fun. for those who have to carry around $600 one time use each epi pens and hope we don't end up in the emergency room are really happy when Mylar or other decorations can be used instead. 

Edited by adventure4life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adventure4life said:

sorry 😞 I know balloons are a lot of fun. for those who have to carry around $600 one time use each epi pens and hope we don't end up in the emergency room are really happy when Mylar or other decorations can be used instead. 

Taking balloons waaay to seriously here..!

Cheers

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, VibeGuy said:

I don’t believe Ruby had any balloons on the public decks on any of our 6 post-restart sailings, but I’m almost absolutely certain I saw at least one cabin door decorated with them as part of a group. 

Don't they put them outside cabin doors to celebrate b-days, anniversaries, etc.  

I used to enjoy the balloons being tossed around the theater.  Thing of the past I guess.   

9 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

Cheers

It's not all fits and giggles. Life threatening latex allergy needs to be taken VERY seriously, and it's not as rare as you may think. Plus the whole problem of plastics pollution, both at sea and on land. I'm glad to see they are elimitating such a frivolous practice.

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

Don't they put them outside cabin doors to celebrate b-days, anniversaries, etc.  

Nope.  The Princess-provided balloons are gone - it’s just passengers or group organizers doing it now, so it’s notably uncommon. 

Cruising changes.  Some very nice junior officers on Sitmar used to be *completely fine* with letting an adorable kiddo fire a .410 shotgun off the aft deck.  

16 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

Nope.  The Princess-provided balloons are gone - it’s just passengers or group organizers doing it now, so it’s notably uncommon. 

Cruising changes.  Some very nice junior officers on Sitmar used to be *completely fine* with letting an adorable kiddo fire a .410 shotgun off the aft deck.  

I've heard of that, but it was before my time.  

Anyway, I think there is enough other stuff going on that I won't miss balloons.   I haven't even noticed the change with straws.  They still have the throw away plastic water bottles.  I wonder if the ship redeems them for the 5 cent CRV.    

9 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

Cheers

There doesn't seem to be anything left to ban lately which might offend somebody. Even the peanut butter cookies are only available by special request. 😕

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

I used to enjoy the balloons being tossed around the theater.  Thing of the past I guess.   

I've got a bunch for our next cruise.... ready to stick up over our cabin door. 

We'll probably be the only cabin within sight so it should be easier to spot from a distance. 😄

13 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

They used to offer skeet shooting off the aft of the ship in the so-called "glory days" of cruising. They also used to allow the practice of hitting golf balls of the ship as well. Thankfully, those activities are no longer allowed.