One entree at a time ...

seaman11

19 hours ago, Badfinger said:

Well, apparently Carnival is now (correctly) below Burger King in service....you cannot have it your way!  

Any yeah I know BK changed their tagline, but most still recognize this one.

We're on Freedom right now, just finished dinner.  They most definitely DID NOT have any sort of "one entre at a time" edict.  My daughter ordered a second entre that we shared and it was brought to our table just a few short moments after the others.  

I guess we can all let our blood pressure get back to normal now.

• Haha 1

We do a lot of family/friend group cruises. It is very common for someone to order an additional entree to be shared by the table.   Sad to think this can no longer be done on Carnival. 

On "lobster night", I typically order the lobster and the entree I actually want.  I do that because Mrs Ldubs is embarrassed to order two lobster tails.  I suppose under this new rule, I will order the lobster.  When it arrives I will quickly scoop it onto Mrs Ldub's plate.   Then I can "legally" order my entree.   Problem solved!  Haha

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

So, so far no one who responded has had the same experience as the OP.

Let's give Carnival the benefit of the doubt that this was an isolated incident instead of going off on Carnival as a whole. 

yes , this may be just a chefs rule aboard the elation, it is what i was checking, ill be on celebration next month so i wanted to know if this is a new thing.  

8 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I don't think so.  And we aren't sure of the nuances of what the waitstaff told the OP.  Lots of conclusion jumping here...

i was told later by a dinning room manager that it was at the chefs request. but not sure if it was fleet wide or just that ship that we must finish the first one before getting the second one at the table. now i did send something back one night (dessert fully cooked not melted cake) and i got a replacement fast. so no problem  if you didnt like it you couldnt get another,.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:06 PM, Sailin_Pirate said:

I rarely order 2 entrees except for when I add in the veg. Indian. 1 at a time is ridiculous especially with the upcharge on the 3rd.

Carnival will be losing money if they didn't collect that $5 on initial order.

Have many would order a 3rd at the start and how many would after 2 entrees 1 at a time?

Makes no sense to split them it would make serving times longer also

Upcharge on the 3rd?????

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 10:56 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

On cruise elegant night, my DH likes to get his rare prime rib and single lobster tail as a surf n turf combination and eat them together, not as separate entrees.

I think this recent cut back this is something that will not be able to do going forward.    Hopefully your cruise is a little later and let them work it out

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, seaman11 said:

I was on the elation and i wanted a pasta dish in the mdr as a side one night. I was told only after i finish my first entree.  I get waste or cold food but i explianed id like to eat it together. I was refused this. 

Anyone hear of this one at a time thing? 

This happened to me on Freedom in March. I wanted my entrees meals together but was told that they can only serve one thing at a time. Also, everyone has to be finished with their plate before they can move to the next course. So, if I finish my entree, I cannot get my dessert until all 7 people are finished with their entrees. This is annoying because some of us wanted to eat quickly and leave for evening entertainment while others spent more time chatting and dragging out the dining experience. 

1 minute ago, NanoGirl21 said:

So, if I finish my entrée, I cannot get my dessert until all 7 people are finished with their entrees. This is annoying because some of us wanted to eat quickly and leave for evening entertainment while others spent more time chatting and dragging out the dining experience. 

All the more reason to go with YTD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanoGirl21 said:

This is annoying because some of us wanted to eat quickly and leave for evening entertainment while others spent more time chatting and dragging out the dining experience. 

The simple solution is to eat at a different table if you have YTD if you wish to eat instead of dine.  Those that have other places to be eat, while those that like to make dinner a two hour experience dine.