Love Boat sale vs Black Friday sale

MichiganFisherman

It is not only Princess either- my HAL TA is up $2500– from when I booked.

Both my Princess &  HAL cruises are in 2023 and I booked them very early to get cabin choice.  I am rarely seeing the price drops like I use to see.

• Like 1

Checking the dual-occupancy interior cabins prices upon which the 60 cruises under $60 per day offer is based, most went up by $1.  Of the ten examples they pre-advertised, eight went up $1, one went up a bit more and one went down a bit.  Not much of a sale.  ☹️  

• Like 1

No sale for me either.  I am paying just about the same or a little less for my cabin category! I booked a year and a half in advance, and I check regularly, so I am resigned that there will be no discounts this upcoming year.

Of course, my cruise is not a regular weekly itinerary, so there is probably less availability compared to some of the others.  If only I could budget a cruise a month, then I would snap up a few of these deals!

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Apparently it is not the price of the cruise that is a major feature of the black Friday sale, it is the $100 deposit.

Not even sure of that..... I booked our 16 day day Hawaii Cruise for my family of four  during the Love Boat sale and the deposit was only $200 total for four people. I'm not sure what, if any, this Black Friday sale brings .... Might be the worst BF sale I've seen of any cruiseline in a while . 

• Like 2

Today our cruise price dropped a total of $362.00 CA total for 12 night in 2023.  I emailed our CVP to refare our booking before I realized that we’d lose our $100.00 excursion OBC.  So, hardly worth the effort, but it’s better than nothing.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I thought it was Monday, November 28. I HOPE it is. I spent two hours this morning figuring out the best cabin selection for 16 B2B cruises. I’m willing to put $32 on deposit with Princess, but not $3200. 

Yes, you are correct!  My CVP called yesterday to remind me.

The Alaska cruise we were eyeing also went up 400pp for the black Friday sale as compared to the love boat.  The ship is already very full though. But at least more rooms opened up for reservations vs guaranteed assignment.  Fingers crossed for price drops or other perks before final payment.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:10 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I thought it was Monday, November 28. I HOPE it is. I spent two hours this morning figuring out the best cabin selection for 16 B2B cruises. I’m willing to put $32 on deposit with Princess, but not $3200. 

Good luck!

I will have to wait & use my FCD- TA, isn’t available for 2024 yet.

• Thanks 1