Cruise Planner Refunds

Gigi1068

Still waiting for refund from email dated 11/18.  Every time I get a different story.  Today told that international and certain banking institutions take longer!  What?!  Used a Royal credit card and I'm pretty sure Tennessee is not international.   Oh well.. i continue to wait. 

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Still waiting for refund from email dated 11/18.  Every time I get a different story.  Today told that international and certain banking institutions take longer!  What?!  Used a Royal credit card and I'm pretty sure Tennessee is not international.   Oh well.. i continue to wait. 

It gets better and better. They're making it up as they go along. 🙄

• Like 1

What a mess!

Has anyone successfully disputed a charge from RCI without it messing up other things on your reservation?  I’m fearful of disputing charges for canceled items and something else goes awry.

My statement closes on the 7th so I have some time before I am forced to pay my cc.

Just now, Gigi1068 said:

Has anyone successfully disputed a charge from RCI without it messing up other things on your reservation?  I’m fearful of disputing charges for canceled items and something else goes awry.

Be patient and let RCI do their thing - at the height of COVID cancellation refunds, it took months sometimes.

• Like 1

I called tonight about my cancellations from 11/18. They said they weren’t sure why they were still pending and opened a ticket on them. They claim I’ll see a refund on my card in 2-5 days. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We shall see…

• Like 2

The issue that nobody seems to be addressing is this:

The typical transaction that results in this problem is...1) Customer purchases (and pays in full) a shore excursion, say, 10 months prior to their cruise for $200 per person...2) 3 months prior to their cruise, Royal Caribbean runs a "sale" and posts the same exact excursion for only $150 per person...3)  Customer wants to have the benefit of the new price.

Royal Caribbean will NOT merely honor the new price and give the customer a credit for that extra $100.  Instead, Royal Caribbean requires the customer to CANCEL the existing reservation and WAIT for however long RCCL wants for a refund to the customer's credit card...and for the customer to re-book and AGAIN PAY IN FULL for the same excursion at another $300.

At THAT point, RCCL has $400 of the customer's money for 7 months AND takes another $300 of the customer's money for the next 3 months.  The customer has now paid $700 and is waiting an indeterminable time to get $400 of it back.

Now, in MY case, I paid many months out for an excursion...then, when it went on sale, canceled it and re-booked and paid again--except RCCL's website screwed up and charged the wrong price...so I had to AGAIN cancel, rebook and pay in full...So, at one point, Royal Caribbean had over $1000 of my money for a $159.99 pp shorex!!!

At least I managed to get my credits sooner than some of you.  OTOH, I spent about 6+ hours on telephone calls speaking to 7 different people at RCCL in order to get to that point!

So, ask the question:  Why can't RCCL just credit its customers the "difference" when the price drops on a purchased item?

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, ulcards99 said:

I called tonight about my cancellations from 11/18. They said they weren’t sure why they were still pending and opened a ticket on them. They claim I’ll see a refund on my card in 2-5 days. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We shall see…

Good luck. I got similar responses. Friday, you'll have your credit by Monday as it's already been processed.  Today,  it takes time,  at least 14 business days and more if an international transaction or with some banking institutions.   We'll see.

• Like 1

I received another email response this evening.  Here’s a paragraph from the email.

“I've found the cause of the delay of your refund and sent the details to our accounting team to correct. I'm sorry for the hiccup in processing your funds back to you. We'll work on getting them back to you as quickly as possible.”

The response addressed a few other issues with my reservation, as well.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Good luck. I got similar responses. Friday, you'll have your credit by Monday as it's already been processed.  Today,  it takes time,  at least 14 business days and more if an international transaction or with some banking institutions.   We'll see.

Right I’ve gotten multiple responses as well. It’s frustrating. We sail Sunday so I hope I get the refund soon…

12 minutes ago, BobNoxious said:

another twitter post going to Royal... hopefully this gets attention since calling on the phone is not working.

I emailed mbayley#rccl.com yesterday and got a response this am. They found a problem in my refund,  fixed it, and should be another 10-14 days!  I'll believe it when I see it.  Not a huge amount of money but annoying. 

23 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I emailed mbayley#rccl.com yesterday and got a response this am. They found a problem in my refund,  fixed it, and should be another 10-14 days!  I'll believe it when I see it.  Not a huge amount of money but annoying. 

I sent an email this morning to here as well. We'll see if I get the same response. 

7 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Another day, another no refund(s) 

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

58 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

I sent an email this morning to here as well. We'll see if I get the same response. 

I'm at 18 days.  Ive never waited this long for cruise planner refunds.  This is the first time I have sent an email to the M. Bayley's customer facing email.  I sent this morning.  We'll see what happens.  My closing date is the 21st.  I'll be annoyed if I have to pay it and before the credit comes through.

• Like 1

I canceled the internet package on Nov. 20 and rebooked it the same day. I got an email notice that it was refunded and it shows on my cruise planner. I have not received my refund yet so I called. I just got off the phone with RCL. The agent said he spoke with the resolution department said they will get my refund started and it I should have my refund 7-10 days from today. I don't think they even worked on it yet. I hope my call got it moving now. I was only on hold for 10 minuets which wasn't bad compared to what some have said.