What ship are you hoping will come to NJ?

What ship are you hoping will take on Port Liberty Bayonne 2024?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for for summer 2024.e!

• Allure of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Freedom of the Seas
    • Harmony of the Seas
    • Symphany of the Seas
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas
    • Independence of the Seas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 12:30 AM

I spoke too soon. No indoor pools on Symphony or Liberty.  That’s no good for a large number of the months of the year.  While I like both ships, not being able to enjoy time in a lounger by a pool is a downer.  Maybe even a deal breaker.  Need a ship designed for cool weather.  Will just make the solarium on the Symphony extra crowded 

Dan

13 hours ago, BND said:

We love both for different reasons, but we also love that itinerary and the fact we can drive to Baltimore in one hour.  

So can I, plus the parking is 40% less.  

I am looking forward to the arrival of Vision.  Enchantment's quirks and foibles annoy me.   Grandeur made me a lot happier.

And as I always say, I'm a mother.  I love all my children equally.  But Anthem is still better than Enchantment. 😄  😄 😄 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I spoke too soon. No indoor pools on Symphony or Liberty.  That’s no good for a large number of the months of the year.  While I like both ships, not being able to enjoy time in a lounger by a pool is a downer.  Maybe even a deal breaker.  Need a ship designed for cool weather.  Will just make the solarium on the Symphony extra crowded 

Dan

Which is why they are only there during the warmer months.  Different ship (Odyssey) there in the winter. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevea36 said:

I do not believe that any Oasis class ships, other than Oasis, can make it under the VZ Bridge.  Oasis Class ships also cannot make it into Bermuda, the channel is not wide/deep enough for them.

Symphonys stacks are hinged  she can definitely make it under the bridge. Pretty sure Harmony was built the same way. 

19 hours ago, stevea36 said:

I do not believe that any Oasis class ships, other than Oasis, can make it under the VZ Bridge.  

I am pretty sure Royal has determined that SY can get under the bridge before deciding she will go there for the summer. Allure was built in same yard as Oasis, so had to get under Great Belt Bridge too, so can get under VZ as well. Pretty sure Icon will be able to get under VZ too if they ever decide that.

2 hours ago, OACAggie said:

I am pretty sure Royal has determined that SY can get under the bridge before deciding she will go there for the summer. Allure was built in same yard as Oasis, so had to get under Great Belt Bridge too, so can get under VZ as well. Pretty sure Icon will be able to get under VZ too if they ever decide that.

That was for a one time passage.   If I remember correctly, Oasis went into a drydock prior to sailing from Cape Liberty at which time the motors that lowered her stacks were tuned up and reconfigured for regular use, not one-time only.  If RCI decides to put another Oasis class ship there they would probably do the same.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

when sailing into and out of NY/NJ area most ships always sail during low tide which gives the ship a few extra inches of clearance under the bridge 

That's not true. Most ships depart at 3 and pass under the bridge about 3:45 or so. The tides vary daily, it's not a constant.

5 hours ago, mets123 said:

That's not true. Most ships depart at 3 and pass under the bridge about 3:45 or so. The tides vary daily, it's not a constant.

And of course they have to account for unexpected situations.  Last month on the NCL Joy, we didn’t leave NY until after 10PM. (No idea what time low or high tides were then.)

5 hours ago, stevea36 said:

That was for a one time passage.   If I remember correctly, Oasis went into a drydock prior to sailing from Cape Liberty at which time the motors that lowered her stacks were tuned up and reconfigured for regular use, not one-time only.  If RCI decides to put another Oasis class ship there they would probably do the same.

Symphony's stacks are hinged.  A completely different set up that Oasis and Allure. 

7 hours ago, OACAggie said:

I am pretty sure Oasis had to have work done to her stacks before she could go to NJ

On 12/3/2022 at 2:31 PM, AspiringCindy said:

As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for during summer 2024!

When is this announcement?   It is 1pm ET and no new itineraries yet.