Share your complete clothes packing list

pookel

Hi, I've seen various threads on what to pack/what not to pack, and I'd be curious to see everyone's packing list for clothes. (Men and women both!)

Obviously it's different for different cruises so just pick one for whatever type/length of cruise you've done recently, or do most often. I'm a first-timer so I'm trying to learn before I go! 

Female here.  I start organizing a month out if possible.  Divide the number of travel days in half.  Lay out that many 'outfits'.  Most everything should coordinate with everything else and be hand washable.  I pack black & beige plus one bright color.  One 'lounge outfit' for the cabin and ship walkies.  Travel vest with lots of pockets for Shore Ex.  Windbreaker, cardigan.  Flashy earrings and/or scarf with velvet slippers for nice dinners.  Footwear: trainers, loafers, sandals, flippers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

April-May 2015, 26-day (plus travel each end) transAtlantic+Mediterranean:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2897110-mediterranean-cruise/#comment-64388658

Most Recent Cruise: Apr-May 2019, 16-day transAtlantic+northern Europe + 3-nights in a condo in Copenhagen. This is COMPLETE (and everything was weighed, because we flew home on Norwegian with VERY strict and limited carry-on allowances). We did do one load of laundry at the condo.

Her Bottoms   Tops   His Bottoms   Tops  
Reversible Skirt   Floral Tee (blues)   Olive   Blue lightweight   
Pettypants   4-sided Tank X     White TS x
    Black Topper X Khaki x    
    3 tanks, orange T x     Blue medium x
Teal Capris x Teal Tank x Olive x Rust Plaid x
    Teal/Coral Angelina X     Rust Flannel x
Plum Capris x Multi Shell x Khaki x Turq Woolrich x
    Batik Angelina x     Teal Woolrich x
Burgundy Leggings x Burgundy Tank x Sand x Blue Polynosic x
    Burg-Teal Plaid Shrt X     Blue Tattersall x
Cozy Leggings x Sage Grass V-Top x Gray x Blue Plaid x
    Red Ochre Henley x     Blue Flannel x
Fleece Leggings x Shine Bright Top X     Gray V-shirts x
    Plaid Sweatshirt x        
dresser trays x Burgundy Cardigan       Woolrich Cardigan x
2+2 Bras x/x Red Leather Jacket       Leather Jacket  
6+6+1 Undies 6/6+2 Ball Cap   6+6+1 Undies 6/6+2    
6+6 Socks x/x Burgundy Beret x 6+6 Socks x/x Greek Fisherman x
2 Nighties x/x Neck Tube   2 PJs x/x Neck Tube x
Support Stirrups   Slip-on Shoes, Navy   Support Hose   Slip-on Shoes, Black  
Wirefree Soma   Waterproof Shoes x     Walking Shoes x
    Slip-on Shoes, Burg x        

tablet x toiletries+Meds x netbook x toiletries x
kindle   sundries+makeup x kindle x meds x
phone   Knitting x phone   Pocket: Mouse, Brick, &  
cords&chargers x umbrellas&TRTLs x cords&chargers x Samsung charger x
Suitcase scale x EZ wash & line? x        
Router & Powerpk x            
Undie change x Jewelry/peepers x Sunglasses      
Medicine Chest   Wallet: meds,pens,   Readers      
First Aid and Dry   spoons,sunglasses          
Tiny inside pocket: Halls x            
Tiny outside pocket:   Add nightguards to          
wetwipes,cr.tags x wallet, charge Tab,phone          
charger/cord x           #####

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

I don’t know what an Angelina is. Is it like a ruana or wrap?

Neither ... it's a very skinny woman with a large mouth and scads of money who adopts all kinds of children from around the world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, awhfy said:

I don’t know what an Angelina is. Is it like a ruana or wrap?

It's a rayon tunic from Roamans (plus-size on line catalog). I have many of the prints (altho strangely, not the one in this screenshot) and a few solid-crinkle fabric that I don't like as well.

image.jpeg.1542888857a6c1c7f3bedcda03d7fa27.jpeg

I meant to point out that my two-tops-for-every-bottom policy was really stressed on this packing list as we spent three WARM days in Florida before the cruise and three COOL days in Copenhagen after! Not to mention getting it all under Norwegian's weight limit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cruise template that I use for packing.  Things may change a bit depending upon the length of the cruise or other details, but this is my starting point for a one-week warm weather cruise: 

For me -- female -- pack lots of colors, but things that match multiple items: 

- Board wearing shorts, a top & tennis shoes 

Pack

- 4 dresses 

- 1 pair jeans & 2 pairs shorts

- 2 dressy tops & 3 simple tops 

- Denim blouse, which can be a light jacket 

- 2-3 swimsuits & cover ups 

- 1 set gym clothes

- Night gown 

- Under things 

- Walking sandals, dressy shoes for dinner & water shoes, if needed for excursions 

- Hat 

For my husband -- I pack more for him; he goes through shirts: 

- Board wearing shorts, a tee-shirt & tennis shoes 

Pack:

- 1 pair jeans & 3 pairs shorts 

- 4 dress shirts & 5 tee shirts 

- 2-3 pairs swim trunks & matching tees 

- PJ pants & matching tee 

- Underwear 

- Black deck shoes & water shoes, if needed for excursions 

- Hat 

I remembered today a cool trick I thought up last cruise for packing jewelry.  I take 4 or 5 pendants on a trip.  I put each necklace in a straw (just cut it to half length of the chain) and clasp the chain outside.    Place each straw in the finger of a clear disposable glove.  The pendant part goes in first. Carefully roll up this little bundle, wrap it in a paper towel and put it in a plastic bag to hold the shape.  Your jewelry will make the trip with the pendants protected and the chains untangled.  Easy to grab the pendant you want through the clear plastic.

Edited by jsn55
typo
  • Like 3

On 12/14/2022 at 9:55 PM, jsn55 said:

I remembered today a cool trick I thought up last cruise for packing jewelry.  I take 4 or 5 pendants on a trip.  I put each necklace in a straw (just cut it to half length of the chain) and clasp the chain outside.    Place each straw in the finger of a clear disposable glove.  The pendant part goes in first. Carefully roll up this little bundle, wrap it in a paper towel and put it in a plastic bag to hold the shape.  Your jewelry will make the trip with the pendants protected and the chains untangled.  Easy to grab the pendant you want through the clear plastic.

I just wear one simple necklace and one pair of simple earrings ... and use them for the whole cruise.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I just wear one simple necklace and one pair of simple earrings ... and use them for the whole cruise.  

Hi, I guess it is good that the necklace goes well with everything you wear🙂.  I bring multiple pendants and at least 2 necklaces......sometimes more. One is a neck wire and the other a longer chain. The tops I wear for evening attire have different necklines.  Some necklaces don't go well with some necklines (in my opinion)......it is the only time I enjoy matching as I never get dressed up to go out here at home.

• Like 3

I have a jewelry travel case that’s great for long necklaces & statement pieces. I also use a zippered box for rings & earrings. I tried the straw trick once & hubs threw it out thinking it was trash 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

I have a jewelry travel case that’s great for long necklaces & statement pieces. I also use a zippered box for rings & earrings. I tried the straw trick once & hubs threw it out thinking it was trash 

Luckily it was costume jewelry

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

Well, we'd expect nothing else from an experienced traveller like yourself.  I can't imagine a scenario where I'd be bringing real jewelry on a trip, even to have lunch with the Queen.

I own few enough items of "real" jewelry (actual 14K gold) that I can fit them all into a single tiny jewelry box and throw it in my backpack. If it gets stolen, it's not the end of the world, it's probably $1000 total value at most.

People who have more expensive jewelry than I do might make other choices, but for me I feel like going on a cruise is a great excuse to actually wear the nice stuff I rarely wear at home.

Edit: a little box like this one image.png.c0f2facd139a105a6f4af82ed8791b6d.png

Edited by pookel
  • Like 3

Have you noticed more dresses worn in the Caribbean both onboard and on land than in the past? Or is it the YouTubers promoting dresses.

Trying to keep packing to a minimum I use statement jewelry to add zest to a simple outfit in the MDR. .

Edited by rtdiva

For my 14 day cruise plus one day pre cruise in the hotel, here is my packing list

2 swim suits

2 swimsuit coverups

8 pairs of shorts

8 tee shirts

2 long sleeve button down shirts

1 short sleeve button down shirt

1 pair of khaki pants

1 pair of nice jeans

6 dresses

1 pair Birkenstocks 

1 pair sneakers

1 pair flip flops

1 pair dress shoes

1 pair espadrilles 

1 pair black flats( if ankle gives out and can wear dress shoes)

under garments

1 sweater

1 sweatshirt

1 pair yoga pants

6 pairs socks

makeup

shower gear

meds

toiletries

sunscreen for body and face

chargers

phone

ipad

port bag

sunglasses

insulated cup with lid(for coffee)

jewelry

Edited by bluetardis
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, rtdiva said:

Have you noticed more dresses worn in the Caribbean both onboard and on land than in the past? Or is it the YouTubers promoting dresses.

Trying to keep packing to a minimum I use statement jewelry to add zest to a simple outfit in the MDR. .

More dresses everywhere. I noticed them in Europe (France and Germany) in the summer particularly, and on the Greek islands part of my fall cruise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rtdiva said:

I think -- in general life, not just on cruises -- women are wearing more dresses.  

In warm weather, I find casual dresses to be an easy choice.  

• Like 2

And that is what makes us all different😃which I think is a good thing😀.....I haven't worn a dress a years. They are just not my thing.  Some women may be wearing more dresses but there are plenty of us out there who don't.....to be honest, I cannot remember the last time I wore one and I don't even own any dresses.  Warm weather, Cooler weather, whatever weather........I am just not a dress person.

• Like 3

They have those packable parkas that smash into a bag and weigh nothing. Eddie Bauer makes one and I think I saw one on Amazon, probably others available also.I would think a packable parka, thermal underwear, cashmere sweaters,turtlenecks, and good boots. Merino wool is said to be good for sweaters and socks. These are things I took to Alaska in September

Edited by bluetardis
  • Like 2

Our last cruise in September was Caribbean cruise. Ports changed from eastern to western 2 days before we sailed to avoid Hurricane Fiona. 7 night cruise plus one night pre-cruise. I wore one outfit on arrival day (shorts, flip flops, t-shirt, track jacket, underwear, bra). I packed the following:

8 underwear

strapless bra

1 extra bra

2 knee length casual dresses (for ports, lunch, and swimsuit coverup)

6 summer/lightweight dresses (most of them long)

pj shorts and tank top

cropped leggings and tshirt for AM coffee runs and walks around the ship

2 swimsuits

gold wedge sandals

denim blue wedge sandals

one other pair of flip flops

2 razor blades

4 makeup items

sunscreen

shampoo/conditioner (used ship shower gel - loved the scent!)

leave in conditioner (to avoid frizzy hair)

costume jewelry for dinner

aspirin, first aid cream, bandaids

contact lens cleaner and lens holder

Kindle

iphone (for photos)

2 small and flat wristlet wallets to hold my SeaPass card and iphone

small tote bag that I used to carry sunscreen/Kindle/phone on the ship

I wore all the clothes and used everything else. Wish I would have packed an extra pair of shorts and another tshirt, but it wasn't critical.

• Like 4