Seats at martini bar.

Bigannie

I have not sailed with Celebrity yet, booked for January 2024 on Solstice.

Everyone seems to love the Martini bar, how easy is it to get a seat at the bar? I don't actually drink alcohol but my husband and I have premium drinks package  and he would love to sit at the bar to watch the waiters   making him a  cocktail. Do they make mocktails? 

Do people sit all evening up at the bar? 

Is it easy to get a seat before dinner or are there chair "hogs"? Sorry if that is the wrong term.

Yes, they will make mocktails. You'll see kind of an ebb and flow to the crowd. We always seem to go during a super busy time. You will notice a lot of people head to dinner or go to the show around 7pm so you most likely find a seat at the bar then, if not before.  Evening Chic night it's usually always very busy no matter the time.

8 minutes ago, Bigannie said:

Everyone seems to love the Martini bar, how easy is it to get a seat at the bar? I don't actually drink alcohol but my husband and I have premium drinks package  and he would love to sit at the bar to watch the waiters   making him a  cocktail. Do they make mocktails? 

Is it easy to get a seat before dinner or are there chair "hogs"? Sorry if that is the wrong term.

I wouldn't consider anyone sitting at the martini bar enjoying their drink(s) a chair hog! Go early. The martini bar is always busy in the evening before the dining venues open and after. IMO, Celebrity's most popular bar no matter the class of ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got off the Apex,  We tried every day to sit at the martini bar.  Only once at 11pm, did I manage to get one seat.  Very limited seating to start with  We found we got better tasting drinks standing in a line to have those bar tenders make our drinks rather than order from the waiter at our table

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, renebfl said:

I just got off the Apex,  We tried every day to sit at the martini bar.  Only once at 11pm, did I manage to get one seat.  Very limited seating to start with  We found we got better tasting drinks standing in a line to have those bar tenders make our drinks rather than order from the waiter at our table

Yep.  That is E class.

The OP will have an easier time sitting at the bar on S class.

One of many reasons to sail S class.

We were able to sit at the bar except for the busiest times later in the evening.

I did not notice people camping out at the bar,  they would order a drink or two and go do something else.

Edited by NMTraveller

Depends on the ship. For example when I sailed Millennium last December, it was practically empty all the time. When I sailed Apex (3 times in the last 13 months), I wouldn't say impossible but very difficult at peak hours. Much easier in the afternoons and off peak hours. Generally, older ships, it's easier.

Celebrity bartenders will also make lots of mocktails. So you should be fine without drinking alcohol

We almost always managed to get a seat at the martini bar on the S-Class ships.  Our secret - go there about 20 minutes before time for the 2nd seating for dinner.  As has been said, a lot of people stop there on their way to dinner and since we usually eat at around 6:30 pm, we are usually there around 7:30 - 7:45 PM.  

Even if you cannot get a seat, try to be there around 8 PM.  That is usually when the bartenders do their little show. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bigannie said:

Not easy to get a seat at the bar- come early.  Also seating around the bar and you can see the "show".  Yes you can order mocktails, soda or wine.  They serve many drinks besides martinis