Continental Breakfast/coffee is no longer free? Rumor or Not?

northwoodsmom

Another lovely rumor I heard today.  Starting this week on the Escape they will be charging 4.95 for the continental breakfast that I thought would be free.  They are also dropping their other room service breakfast items to the same price.  These are reports from someone who just came off the ship and the posted the new prices and menus on another well known site that involves friends.

17 minutes ago, northwoodsmom said:

Another lovely rumor I heard today.  Starting this week on the Escape they will be charging 4.95 for the continental breakfast that I thought would be free.  They are also dropping their other room service breakfast items to the same price.  These are reports from someone who just came off the ship and the posted the new prices and menus on another well known site that involves friends.

Continental breakfast located where?  Room service or somewhere else?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I hope someone will chime in on this.  If true, it's just one more thing that makes me look elsewhere.  Like MSC...

Note that on MSC, you have to book the Fantastica experience or above to get free continental room service breakfast as far as I know.

• Like 2

I heard a rumor about that last month, also on that site. You know, "I saw in another group" kind of rumor. It received no corroboration here or there.

I can't say I'd be overly surprised, but I'd think there'd be a ton of buzz if it were true right now.

1 minute ago, weltek said:

I heard a rumor about that last month, also on that site. You know, "I saw in another group" kind of rumor. It received no corroboration here or there.

I can't say I'd be overly surprised, but I'd think there'd be a ton of buzz if it were true right now.

I highly doubt the person posting pics of the pages took the time to Photoshop something just because they wanted to start a rumor.

Just got off the Escape Saturday. Our room service binder did disappear about mid week & never received a new one. Room service seemed constantly overwhelmed. Hopefully, they add some options if they are going to be charging. There’s not much to order on the continental anymore. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Note that on MSC, you have to book the Fantastica experience or above to get free continental room service breakfast as far as I know.

That is my understanding as well. We generally book YC though so Room service is included. Have to think that such a fee would not apply to Haven suites but who knows?!

39 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This ONLY applies to MSC cruise line ?

AND

Not NCL ?

Egads how cheap can you get !

Clarification Please !

Can you clarify what you’re asking please?

I think what we have here is some communication that has gotten lost in translation… lol. When I said I may have to look elsewhere, like to MSC I meant that if it is true that NCL is in fact charging for room service continental breakfast, I would perhaps look to MSC to see what their room  service charges may be. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

9 minutes ago, tartist said:

Just got off the Escape Saturday. Our room service binder did disappear about mid week & never received a new one. Room service seemed constantly overwhelmed. Hopefully, they add some options if they are going to be charging. There’s not much to order on the continental anymore. 

From the pics the $4.95 also includes the hot breakfast items that used to be 9.95.

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

I really hope this isn’t true. First coffee makers and now this. Changing the experience again after you’ve made final payment. Shame on NCL.

Coffee makers are still available. All you have to do is ask. I don't drink coffee so I appreciate the extra counter space that it took up.

32 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are currently on the Jade and starting on Dec 2, the first day of this cruise, there in deed is now a $4.95 charge for breakfast room service from 6:30 am to 10 am. It was free on the last cruise from Athens to Dubai.

FD62422F-0876-4268-98B6-1F87F729453E.thumb.jpeg.20b705ac5cb9c06054a07bd7aa16fc0c.jpeg

However, what I’m not sure about is the Gratuity charge in the fine print. Is it $4.95 + 20% gratuity charge or if it’s included in the service charge. I’ll have to go ask GS unless someone already knows? If extra, that would make it a $5.95 “delivery” charge.

6D06118D-9EFB-433D-93A4-96793D10E1CF.jpeg

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

NCL has been very clear that they intend to increase the onboard spend.  So this is not a surprise.  Expect more.

Price for hot breakfast is now lower....

Not a coffee drinker and I like my eggs for breakfast so never took advantage of the free continental breakfast.  But I just might go for having a hot breakfast delivered for $5. Win some, lose some.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

oh well, I guess I'll add a coffee travel mug to my packing list.  I'll go up to the buffet and fill it up in the morning

I have been doing this for sometime.   I go to the buffet and bring down what we want.  Not a deal breaker for me tbh. Use it for tea in the afternoon too.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

Price for hot breakfast is now lower....

Not a coffee drinker and I like my eggs for breakfast so never took advantage of the free continental breakfast.  But I just might go for having a hot breakfast delivered for $5. Win some, lose some.

That is the situation for me as well - so I find this change to be for the better, at least from my personal and very subjective view point.... 😊

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Coffee makers are still available. All you have to do is ask. I don't drink coffee so I appreciate the extra counter space that it took up.

Yes, I know that, but several posters have reported ships running out of coffee pods.