Steakhouse cost

crooooze

The steakhouse is listed in the cruise planner specialty restaurants as $48 per person.

But when you add it to your cart, it is only $42.

Not sure if this is intentional or a glitch. I don’t recall reading anything about it.

But this is how it is for all of my future bookings.

Already booked it.   I mentioned it so others can check for their bookings, if interested.
(I love that cowboy steak and stuffed mushroom app!)

I’m sure Carnival is planning another price increase soon, especially with Royal charging a whopping $65pp for their steakhouse.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crooooze said:

The steakhouse is listed in the cruise planner specialty restaurants as $48 per person.

But when you add it to your cart, it is only $42.

Not sure if this is intentional or a glitch. I don’t recall reading anything about it.

But this is how it is for all of my future bookings.

I found that the other night for our up coming cruise. I had booked the steakhouse previously@$96 but saw it for $84 so canceled and rebooked and ordered a 12 pack of water.

im waiting to get an email saying there was a glitch so pay up or get canceled 

Thanks for the heads up! Interestingly, I put it in my cart earlier, when it was still showing in the planner as $48 but showing in the cart at $42. Took it out and put it back in to change the time I wanted and by then it was showing up as $42 in the planner. I grabbed it for that price (would've gone at $48 since it's just me on this trip but hey, savings are savings) and hope they'll honor it - not force us to pay again or cancel - although I had some OBC to use so didn't really outlay my own money. It's just a difference of $6, surely it'd be more of a hassle on them to try and claw it back than it's worth.

Specialty dining is not showing anything for my cruise in Jan. Last time they wiped the board and removed everything, they updated the offerings to include kitchen classes. I'm hoping this time is to lower the prices but worry it's to fix a glitch. 

I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it. I booked a cruise on Wednesday and went ahead and set up 6 of the nights in the Steakhouse (2) and Rudi's (4). It was listed as $48 pp each on the specialty dining page. It came to four hundred something and I just paid it. However, after reading this thread I decided to go back in and look more closely. It's good that I did, as I see that one of my reservations was only for 1 instead of 2. I've rectified that situation now, and am also happy to report that all of mine booked previously, and the correction I just made, all processed through at $42.

THANKS Carnival (particularly your IT team)!!  😄

Tom

I wasn't sure if this was going to be our first cruise without going since we'll be with another group that I'm pretty certain won't go due to the cost. Also, this is our first time cruise where our son will be considered an adult, so the jump in price for him from $10 to $48 was not sitting well with me. But I went ahead and booked it now. Thank you so much for sharing your find 🙂

On 12/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, crooooze said:

Already booked it.   I mentioned it so others can check for their bookings, if interested.
(I love that cowboy steak and stuffed mushroom app!)

I’m sure Carnival is planning another price increase soon, especially with Royal charging a whopping $65pp for their steakhouse.

Holy moley, really?   I tried their steakhouse back in 2020 as part of a dining "deal" they had and I didn't think it was all that great...oddly enough, I thought the steak in their Italian specialty place was a bit better.  😮  

I heard a rumor that Royal gives you a free night in their steakhouse on your birthday, and it just so happens that this coming January....    😉 

3 hours ago, Pellaz said:

I heard a rumor that Royal gives you a free night in their steakhouse on your birthday, and it just so happens that this coming January....    😉 

wow. i never heard about that rumor and i cant find anything about that. it will be great if it is true. i am sailing on the oasis during my birthday week. currently i have izumi booked on my birthday. i wonder if i should switch it if this true

I recall scoffing at paying extra (Pride or Legend) so many years ago. It was $25pp for the Supper Club. Back then, it was also a higher level dining experience than it is now. Live music was an added plus. On those ships which still have them, I do prefer the white tablecloths to the bare wood!

Still, compared to the steakhouse offerings on other lines, I think the Steakhouse on Carnival is the best of the bunch. 

One more thing came to mind (thinking of changes again), I prefer my entrée be plated by the cook, not assembled tableside by the server. There's something off with seeing a chunk of broiled tomato or sprigs of rosemary plopped onto the plate. On Celebrity, in Murano (not their "steakhouse"), there are some dishes prepared tableside, and plated - but that's wholly different. 🙂 

Tom

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shof515 said:

wow. i never heard about that rumor and i cant find anything about that. it will be great if it is true. i am sailing on the oasis during my birthday week. currently i have izumi booked on my birthday. i wonder if i should switch it if this true

I did some Googling and I couldn't find anything, either.   Oh, well.  Hope springs eternal.

My birthday is actually on our embarkation day, so any such shenanigans will have to be arranged quickly.  

On 12/12/2022 at 2:41 AM, Pellaz said:

Over the years, we’ve celebrated a couple of birthdays in Royal’s specialty restaurants. No free meal. Not even a “happy birthday” wish from the server. Maybe we were not high enough on the loyalty colors.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, crooooze said:

Over the years, we’ve celebrated a couple of birthdays in Royal’s specialty restaurants. No free meal. Not even a “happy birthday” wish from the server. Maybe we were not high enough on the loyalty colors.

Yep, I haven't found anything online to corroborate that rumor.  

Doesn't mean I won't ask once I get onboard.  It's a charter cruise, so we get hardly any standard perks onboard to begin with.