hotels in Vancouver

Bstein493

It's been a long time since we cruised out of Vancouver, but from what I remember the cruiseport was very close to the downtown area. We had lots of options and it was very easy to take a taxi from the hotel. We used Priceline to find a 4* hotel and ended up in one of the hotels on Burrard Street. I'm sorry but I can't remember which hotel, just that it was across the street from a Tim Horton's and there's several of these coffee shops on this street. I turned out to be the same hotel that the Celebrity pre-cruise group was staying at. At that time the cost for a taxi for just us was less than taking the Celebrity shuttle to the pier, so be sure to price check.   

• Like 1

What is your budget? Do you have any hotel loyalty or credit card points?

Hotel prices in Vancouver can go crazy during cruise season so that would be the ideal time to use some points on the Hyatt Regency or one of the Marriott properties.

Directly adjacent to the cruise terminal are the Pan Pacific, Fairmont Waterfront and Fairmont Pacific Rim. All three come with a hefty price tag and I feel the Pan Pacific should have been renovated 10+ years ago.

People rave about the Fairmont since it is right at Canada Place.  The Marriott is walkable from the pier.  Pan Pacific is right at the pier, even closer than the Fairmont.  It would help if you gave a little more info re your budget etc.

I don't know where you are coming from but if you live in the US, everything in Vancouver will be 40% off since the CDN $ has a brick tied to it at the moment!!  If you are flying in, you could stay in the airport area or Richmond at more reasonable prices.  Just make sure your hotel is close to the Skytrain which will take you right to the pier.  if you ride it from the airport there is a surcharge of $5, I think.  Even still it is only $8/pp to the pier.

Hope you find something that pleases you.

For sheer convince the Pan Pacific can't be beat. It's located in the same facility as the cruise port, so it's just an elevator ride down and a walk down a hallway. A bonus is that if you tell them ahead of time you can have bell services pick up your luggage from your room and have it taken to the ship, no lugging suitcases around. But be warned, they're expensive since they know how cruisers like to use them. 

When I woke up in the morning I could see our ship out of the rooms window. 

IMG_1287.JPG

• Like 1

In 2022 we stayed in Vancouver twice before departing on cruises.  

In April 2022 we stayed again at the Pan Pacific (we have stayed there several times on prior trips) which can't be beat for convenience as the hotel bellmen can collect your luggage from your hotel room and deliver to the longshoremen.

In September 2022 we stayed at the Auberge.  We had last stayed there in 2018.  The 2018 room was lovely, but the hotel has been renovated since then.  We stayed in a suite in 2022 for less $ than a basic room at the Pan Pacific.  Very easy walk, essentially downhill, from the Auberge to Canada Place.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific before our Alaskan cruise in June.  Absolutely loved it!!!  So convenient, the hotel is lovely, breakfast buffet is amazing!  We also had an excellent dinner in the little bar.  The spa is on the same level as cruise port from what I remember and we enjoyed some excellent spa treatments.

In addition to being in same complex as cruise port, it also connects underground to a shopping mall with a food court for additional food options. Yes it is pricey but you only live once...

13 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I don't know where you are coming from but if you live in the US, everything in Vancouver will be 40% off since the CDN $ has a brick tied to it at the moment!!

Not sure how you can see things being 40% off. A plain business hotel like the Hyatt Regency will still cost $350/night (more during my dates) and that hardly be considered discounted. 😬

We stayed at the Marriott at Richmond since we had a rental car for the day. I wasn't that thrilled with it as they are still using Covid as an excuse/reason for not providing regular amenities, M Lounge closed, business center closed. We wanted to print boarding passes and was told to send anything we needed printing to the front desk email and they would print it. Boarding passes don't really work that way. Did them on the phone and it was fine, but we always like backup. 

It wasn't very convenient to many restaurants and was a bit rundown. Bar service was real slow as they only had one person working. If you're a Marriott person I'd recommend something else. We usually stay on points and this was a better deal than the ones in the downtown area. We did get upgraded to a suite, but we had requested it with Suite Night Awards. 

Have you checked the West Coast Homeport section here? I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved there. 

We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel for one night pre-cruise this past September 2022.  I was a little bit on the fence about it based on the trip advisor reviews, however this hotel worked out just fine.  You really can't beat the location as other posters have said. We took the cruise package that included luggage transfer service and breakfast. Based on my search back then, all hotels in Vancouver seem to be  higher in price. If you stay further out you need to factor in time and transportation costs to get to Canada Place pier. If I were to do it again, I would check out the Fairmont Waterfront and some of these other hotels that posters mention. I would stay at the Pan Pacific again. Safe travels.

32 minutes ago, ORV said:

We stayed at the Marriott at Richmond since we had a rental car for the day. I wasn't that thrilled with it as they are still using Covid as an excuse/reason for not providing regular amenities, M Lounge closed, business center closed. We wanted to print boarding passes and was told to send anything we needed printing to the front desk email and they would print it. Boarding passes don't really work that way. Did them on the phone and it was fine, but we always like backup. 

It wasn't very convenient to many restaurants and was a bit rundown. Bar service was real slow as they only had one person working. If you're a Marriott person I'd recommend something else. We usually stay on points and this was a better deal than the ones in the downtown area. We did get upgraded to a suite, but we had requested it with Suite Night Awards. 

Have you checked the West Coast Homeport section here? I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved there. 

Is this the Marriott -- Vancouver Airport Marriott in Richmond?  We were thinking about staying there.  DH is Lifetime -- Titanium Elite so we were going to use points as well.

We stayed in a Delta Hotel near the pier that was quite nice. As I recall we used Our Marriot Bonvoy points. There are a few Delta Hotels in the Vancouver area , but this one was actually with walking distance to the pier. Hope you have a great Cruise .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horseymike said:

We stayed in a Delta Hotel near the pier that was quite nice. As I recall we used Our Marriot Bonvoy points. There are a few Delta Hotels in the Vancouver area , but this one was actually with walking distance to the pier. Hope you have a great Cruise .

How long of a walk?  Is it a pain with luggage?  Is hotel in a safe area?

We took a cab on cruise day to accommodate our luggage. Very short ride.

During the daylight hours we felt safe walking around the area, after dark we took cabs .

There are some homeless people around , they did not bother us , but we tend to be careful

with regard to going around after dark in most cities these days.