Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

4 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Princess must have conceded the obvious that it would be a burden on their servers and their top-notch IT department to try to have some passengers on a ship entitled to $12 and under drinks and others entitled to $15 and under drinks. (Not to mention Premier).  If they tried to operate this way, there would be countless arguments with guests who would make all the arguments made here about "entitlement" even if the published information was crystal clear that you get what you paid for and no more.  And then, in the "customer is always right" world, they would probably have to make concessions after all the fighting.  Better to just grandfather the drink price for prior bookings.  This was the outcome that I predicted way back when the new package was first announced.  

We will hear about it here as crew try to apply the new rules.

Those who now have to pay an extra $10/day for Plus to get the $15 limit maybe ticked off that they didn’t book before December 14 th.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Those who now have to pay an extra $10/day for Plus to get the $15 limit maybe ticked off that they didn’t book before December 14 th.

Basically,  it only applies to those who were thinking of booking, but could not make their minds up prior to December 14th.

But, even so, on a 14 night cruise,  they will only have to pay an extra $140 because of their prevarication. Not exactly a big deal, in the scale of things.

5 hours ago, dog said:

Perhaps they will realize that they made a mistake, but I think most people that did not previously pay the $40 or $50 say they do not drink enough for it to make sense.  Therefore the almost certain increase in drink costs will have little affect on them.  They will just need to pay more for the little that they drink.

IMO it was very nice and smart of Princess to let people know that there was a price increase/new package coming.  

ticked off at themselves, but no good reason to be ticked off at Princess.  They made the choice.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

Ok, so unfortunately this doesn’t look like it’s going to go in our favor folks. I have the 3/9/23 transatlantic to Spain from FT Lauderdale coming up and I purchased the $50 per day plus. I called today and asked if I would still be limited to $12 per drink and was told yes, I would not qualify for the $15 limit. I asked if prices on drinks would be increasing and was told most likely. I asked how long I had to decide if I want to upgrade to the $60 plus plan and was told up to 5 days before sailing. This feels shady for real and I’m disappointed if this plays out the way the rep said. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bdever said:

Ok, so unfortunately this doesn’t look like it’s going to go in our favor folks. I have the 3/9/23 transatlantic to Spain from FT Lauderdale coming up and I purchased the $50 per day plus. I called today and asked if I would still be limited to $12 per drink and was told yes, I would not qualify for the $15 limit. I asked if prices on drinks would be increasing and was told most likely. I asked how long I had to decide if I want to upgrade to the $60 plus plan and was told up to 5 days before sailing. This feels shady for real and I’m disappointed if this plays out the way the rep said. 

Seems to me the "shady" thing is the rep trying to coerce a guest into paying more money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bdever said:

Thanks for sharing your side of the situation.

This is exactly what I had found out when I first posted to this thread.(I am helping a friend with this)

To me it looks likely that those finding that their Travel Summary has been updated to show $50—- $15 drink will be fine— getting the drinks they expected to get when they booked Plus before December 14 th.

Princess phone agents give out same type of information you get on here— can be confusing- yep.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I was half-joking.  The real problem are the many mis-informed reps that tell people things on the phone that are incomplete or incorrect.

I agree that it is clearly a lack of proper team coaching.  There is a tendency for people to think that large corporations, especially their promotions and legal departments are idiots when in fact it is far more likely that they are a very talented group.  There is no way that that the wording of the Cruise Summaries that people are seeing could have slipped past those departments without it meaning exactly what it says.  Somebody in the conference room or Zoom call would have said: "Wait a second.  If we word it this way, people who previously purchased Plus will be misled into thinking that they are getting drinks up to the $15 limit.  If we don't intend to do that, we had better change the wording."  This is way too big of a slip-up to have gone unnoticed and uncorrected.  So the conclusion one must draw is that the wording, having been drafted, edited ad nauseum, vetted, run by legal and ultimately approved, does in fact means what it says, and that the reps on the phone are not being coached properly.  

On 12/15/2022 at 8:05 AM, kilili said:

Actually I disagree.  When I purchased the package I first researched which drinks would be included with that I paid.  Based on what I was entitled to with my package I made the decision.  If they do not adjust, I will not be able to enjoy many drinks previously included.  So they would be downgrading my purchase.

I totally agree with you!!!

10 hours ago, bdever said:

I have good news for you.  (Based on my booking).  You can log into Princess’s website and you reservation and follow these steps.  You will see that my limit is $15 on the Plus package.

1D61EF2D-C24E-42F6-B188-6C87E8F741A2.png

4BBCEFB1-686F-41A8-A4D7-FC64AD263770.png

F4AC0210-D4B9-4B38-B081-1A783AC3CEDB.png

38 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have good news for you.  (Based on my booking).  You can log into Princess’s website and you reservation and follow these steps.  You will see that my limit is $15 on the Plus package.

1D61EF2D-C24E-42F6-B188-6C87E8F741A2.png

4BBCEFB1-686F-41A8-A4D7-FC64AD263770.png

F4AC0210-D4B9-4B38-B081-1A783AC3CEDB.png

I saw that on mine as well. Do you think it’s worth to screen shot? Or will it even matter if Princess wants to change/update it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

Do you think it’s worth to screen shot? Or will it even matter if Princess wants to change/update it?

Your cruise begins on 3/9 and the new program takes affect on 2/20. During that 17 day lag, there will be lots of people posting here in real time what their experiences are on board.  If I were on a 2/20 cruise, yes, I would bring with me a screenshot.  Otherwise, I would wait to see what people are reporting from their "canary in a coal mine" cruises.  If they say that they ran into resistance that was only quelled when they puled out a screenshot, then there's your answer.  If they say that all the servers on board (and the Guest Services folks) all understood the new paradigm and honored the "Drinks up to $15" aspect, then don't bother.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 8:05 AM, kilili said:

Actually I disagree.  When I purchased the package I first researched which drinks would be included with that I paid.  Based on what I was entitled to with my package I made the decision.  If they do not adjust, I will not be able to enjoy many drinks previously included.  So they would be downgrading my purchase.

You purchased a package that covered beverages up to $12 for when you were on the cruise. Specific beverages were not promised.

It is the same as if you had looked at the dining room menus before you booked and said you really liked the items on the menus.

When you cruise, the menus could be completely different. What you paid for is dining in the main dining rooms, not specific items on the menus.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, caribill said:

You purchased a package that covered beverages up to $12 for when you were on the cruise. Specific beverages were not promised

So, in theory, Princess could increase the cost of every drink, bar three, to over 12usd, and could claim that they were abiding by the package ! 

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, in theory, Princess could increase the cost of every drink, bar three, to over 12usd, and could claim that they were abiding by the package ! 

Very unlikely.

it appears that members are seeing updated information in their Travel Summary to cover drinks up to $15

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dog said:

Very unlikely.

it appears that members are seeing updated information in their Travel Summary to cover drinks up to $15

Yes indeed.  I made the point about price increases to disprove a point made by a previous poster, but do not expect Princess to follow through with increases of that magnitude.

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes indeed.  I made the point about price increases to disprove a point made by a previous poster, but do not expect Princess to follow through with increases of that magnitude.

It really wasn’t and still isn’t clear for those who purchased before December 14 th, as myself and another poster were told the same as caribill has said.  Princess reps on the phone and others posting conflicting information.

once it shows in their booking( not in ads) they are most likely getting the $15 limit.

• Like 1