Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, you have totally lost me.

All I know is that I purchased Princess Plus some eight months ago, for a cruise in April 2023. The package at the time included drinks up to the value of $12. Now, my package includes drinks up to the value of $15. 

Unless Princess have decided to increase their drinks prices by 20% , which I doubt, I am no worse off. 

For certain, your package statement is correct per the known information.  However, the increase from $12 to $15 is a 25% increase.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

The package at the time included drinks up to the value of $12. Now, my package includes drinks up to the value of $15. 

Unless Princess have decided to increase their drinks prices by 20% , which I doubt, I am no worse off. 

No worse off in some respects. Let’s look at an absurd example to demonstrate the point. Let’s say that when you purchased Plus it cost $50, included wines up to $12 but the only Cabernet offered for $12 was a generic glass that was unidentified on the wine list, but you came to learn that it was from a $4 bottle produced in Bolivia. They later raise the price of Plus to $200 a day, include wines priced up to $50 per glass, and grandfather you in so that you are allowed to order $50 glasses of wine. Then, they raise the price of the Bolivian Cabernet to $50. Yes, you are no worse off because you still get to order the same wine. But they are now charging $50 per glass for undrinkable plonk!  There is a frog in the pot of water affect going on here. Raise the price of the package…raise the per glass allowance…and raise the price of the low end wine correspondingly. If you buy a package, none of this matters (other than new bookers having to pay more per day for their package). But if you don’t buy a package you have to pay $50 for a terrible glass of wine. There is no way to justify charging $14-$15 per glass for entry level low end horrible wines. But that is where they are headed by raising the price of Plus, and then raising the per glass allowance to $15 and then raising the price of the generic wines that are included in Plus. (Assuming that they are in fact planning to raise the price of wines available by the glass.).  People with packages see everything move in synch. People without packages are seeing price whiplash. 

Here is a comparison of the Terms and Conditions for Plus packages before and after Feb 20, 2023. Note that there is no mention that Plus packages purchased before December 15th are being limited to only $12 credit on drinks if used on cruises AFTER February 20th when drink prices are increased:

BEFORE FEB 20:

image.png.2cd84bfb4ae12d295b68b35f45a55005.png

BEGINNING ON FEB 20:

image.png.07c1e9a19d869c51b23e36e22aa36d94.png

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, jagoffee said:

I have good news for you.  (Based on my booking).  You can log into Princess’s website and you reservation and follow these steps.  You will see that my limit is $15 on the Plus package.

1D61EF2D-C24E-42F6-B188-6C87E8F741A2.png

4BBCEFB1-686F-41A8-A4D7-FC64AD263770.png

F4AC0210-D4B9-4B38-B081-1A783AC3CEDB.png

Jagoffee

thanks for posting this.

It is at the top of my Payments section in my Cruise Personalizer.

I was referring to Travel Summary/ payments in my previous post-that caused confusion.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

Here is a comparison of the Terms and Conditions for Plus packages before and after Feb 20, 2023. Note that there is no mention that Plus packages purchased before December 15th are being limited to only $12 credit on drinks if used on cruises AFTER February 20th when drink prices are increased:

BEFORE FEB 20:

BEGINNING ON FEB 20:

Thanks for posting.

I went to Learn more- terms and conditions and saw these details. New updated December 22!!!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, sloopsailor said:

BEFORE FEB 20:

BEGINNING ON FEB 20:

So no matter when we paid for our cruise and the amount that we paid, we go by the date of the cruise?

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 1:08 PM, fpsphil said:

Based on looking at my upcoming reservation the drink price did increase we just don't have access to the "New" labels

image.png.ff1957be3f8e2d122560f389f604471a.png

Confirmed. I just logged on and got the same thing.  Drinks up to $15 are covered but no fitness, juice bar or special desserts. Not sure about the free medallion shipping but that’s a small thing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I though juice was included in the Plus package (old one) .     Is the juice bar different?

Juice is indeed included with the original Plus package. Juice bar is some kind of smoothie thing. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

Is that a bar that serves juices and smoothies or a frozen juice bar on a stick? 😁

You may be on to something. We always enjoy the frozen coconut bars when we visit Mexico. 

On 12/17/2022 at 7:18 AM, wowzz said:

Fortunately,  even if the prices increase from $12 to $15, they will still be included if you have Princess Plus, regardless of the price  you paid for the package. 

Exactly, I don't understand why people don't realize this. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, coops said:

Exactly, I don't understand why people don't realize this. 

Then I really don't understand this FAQ item from the Princess web page.  It's hard to glean just what the new perks are.  Maybe it's only desserts, fitness and juice bar they are referring to and not the $12 vs $15 drinks.

1. Will I receive the new perks if I purchased Princess Plus or Premier at the old rate of $50/$75 per day?
    You can absolutely upgrade to the new perks at the new price! If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Maybe it's only desserts, fitness and juice bar they are referring to

Exactly,  as those elements have "new" alongside them when you look at the PP package description.

It couldn't be clearer !

Be a fun time for all of us on cruises when this actually comes in (our 15 night cruise starts on 15th Feb). If drink prices are going up, that's going to mean new menus etc for every single bar. Also be interesting for anyone paying for drinks as they go on cruises such as ours if the drink prices do suddenly go up overnight.

19 hours ago, memoak said:

The items that show the word NEW next to them are not included unless you “upgrade”   Otherwise all is the same. Gratuities WiFi and drinks up to $15 will still be included under Plus package 

I don't know.  My PVP told me yesterday that I had to upgrade to new Princess Plus for our next cruise for $179.28 in order to get any of the perks.  I asked specifically about the $15 drinks and he told me, "Yes sir! You will have to upgrade in order to get the increased allotment."

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

I don't know.  My PVP told me yesterday that I had to upgrade to new Princess Plus for our next cruise for $179.28 in order to get any of the perks.  I asked specifically about the $15 drinks and he told me, "Yes sir! You will have to upgrade in order to get the increased allotment."

He is 100% wrong !

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

There is no way Bartenders are going to handle 2 different plus packages. They always group liquors in the plus package together so when you ask which bourbons you can get under your plan they can just wave to the grouping and say any of those 

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

"Plus 50" will be shown under the package in your cruise personalizer, indicating you purchased at the $50 per day. Alcoholic beverages will be up to $15 value (previously $12), per Princess. 

so I have this...waht does 75/85 mean?

image.png.b757c9a4089f9be7d347e7e6a880f2c6.png

• 2 months later...