LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@kazu

Jacqui, so happy you are enjoying your time at the WestGate! We enjoy the Parlour Bar and their Happy Hour is the best! 
Tomorrow is the big day! 
Our sun was shining today and warmer! You will have a good embarkation and nice weather! Will give a toast at your SAILAWAY!

Have a marvelous time.

🌺Denise☺️

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Will be joining on the 29th.  Cruising on the Koningsdam over Thanksgiving and, even though it was VERY full, had a wonderful time.  Looking forward to my first holiday cruise - ok, this only my fifth cruise ever - all in 2022!!  🙂 

“Sea” you soon on the 29th.  Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing your journey. We will be on the Koningsdam in January. First time cruising outside of the R class for us and a bit nervous about the size. Looking forward to your postings.

Bon Voyage!

• Like 2

Thank you for taking us along on your journey. I am so glad that you got to San Diego ahead of the storm. The Westgate Hotel is just beautiful. I hope the embarkation process goes smoothly and that your foot does not give you trouble. Have a wonderful time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage Jacqui! I'm looking forward to your review. We will be on Konigsdam in Feb going to Hawaii/Tahiti.

Currently on Rotterdam, day 7 of 45. Love it as much as last year. Decorations look like they are all up.

Love to you! 

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage @kazuJacqui!! We hope you love the Koningsdam as much as we do!

We have made note of the Westgate for the next time were are in San Diego. Your tip on the Riverside in FLL provided us with a lovely stay in November.

We so look forward to reading about your adventures when the Wi-Fi is available. Love your writing.

-Cat & David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage Jacqui!  We loved the Koningsdam last year. I fell in love with the pea soup at the Dutch Cafe. I was concerned about the size also but now only want to sail on Pinnacle Class ships. 

Our embarkation was smooth but we noticed that they didn’t allow anyone past the gates until the ship is cleared of disembarking passengers. We waited too long when we disembarked however, so we won’t ever make that mistake again. 

• Like 5

We join the ship on the 29th @kazu. I know the Pinnacle has a special dinner on New Years Eve, however can you find out if they will be having a New Years Eve party celebration in the Lido Pool and if so, any details: is it first come first serve or can we make reservations and is there a charge? 

• Like 2

Jacquie, sorry tohave missed you. Just got off Konigsdam and it is a fine ship. You will have a grand time. Diamond Princess being here today make security more lengthy since ships traditionally in San Diego use same security. 

Best restaurant aboard is Rudy's sel de mer in my opinion. Ask for Melvin as server. Tamarind also excellent.  If in Neptune Suite breakfast in Club Orange is a perk. I hope more dining staff board today as the MDR was a problem service wise I heard.

Smooth waters and good weather should come your way. 500 children expected on Christmas cruise.

Happy Holidays and Bon Voyage. Barbara. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, boze9999 said:

We join the ship on the 29th @kazu. I know the Pinnacle has a special dinner on New Years Eve, however can you find out if they will be having a New Years Eve party celebration in the Lido Pool and if so, any details: is it first come first serve or can we make reservations and is there a charge? 

Yes on the New Year's Eve party at the Lido Pool with the BB King's All-Star band providing live entertainment and the captain present for the final countdown of 2022 when the officer of the watch will sound the ship's whistle at the stroke of midnight. It's always first come/first serve there as far as limited seating and/or standing. There are no reservations for the event/no charge but lots party favors, lots of champagne, as well as a Dutch tradition; "Oliebollen" (kinda/sorta like a Dutch donut) Always a fun event and a very cool way to ring in the new year. We will be there and very much looking forward to it!   

Oliebollen - Dutch Donuts Recipe - Honest Cooking Magazine

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yes on the New Year's Eve party at the Lido Pool with the BB King's All-Star band providing live entertainment and the captain present for the final countdown of 2022 when the officer of the watch will sound the ship's whistle at the stroke of midnight. It's always first come/first serve there as far as limited seating and/or standing. There are no reservations for the event/no charge but lots party favors, lots of champagne, as well as a Dutch tradition; "Oliebollen" (kinda/sorta like a Dutch donut) Always a fun event and a very cool way to ring in the new year. We will be there and very much looking forward to it!   

Oliebollen - Dutch Donuts Recipe - Honest Cooking Magazine

Forgot to add; K-dam's ship's bell will be removed from it's normal position on the bow, transported to the Lido pool, placed on a specially made stand, and rung at midnight, thereby also ringing in the new year

image.jpeg.39c0d55eca150819b9a168120ceab86a.jpeg 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Jacqui so glad you are getting back to cruising.   We like the GasLamp Fish house restaurant near your hotel.  There is a small outside patio if you get there earlier enough.   We share the Fish and Chips and Crab Cakes.  These are the best Crab Cakes in my opinion.

Peter

• Like 4