Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

1 hour ago, Leo37 said:

I tend to agree. Princess has clearly been becoming more informal, trying to appeal to younger cruisers / families etc. Look at all the top deck entertainment options they are adding. Suddenly adding back in a formal dress code seems high unlikely. 

image.png.5e74f702533b8bcd427237a02986d339.png

young cruisers/families don't dress up ? While on the majestic last Nov. there were quit a lot dressed for formal night .  Maybe it was due to international population on board.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, c-boy said:

young cruisers/families don't dress up ? While on the majestic last Nov. there were quit a lot dressed for formal night .  Maybe it was due to international population on board.

I agree!

When we sailed with our kids when they were younger and now our grandkids - they love to dress up for dinner!

It's something we don't do at home so it 's a part of making  the vacation special.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Mayacruzer,  by all photos and images, I do not see any 'obstruction' there.

That first cabin you mentioned has that extended balcony right next to it.  Not only obstructed, but a privacy issue as well.

Just notice that these aft balconies are very small.... The deck plans are pretty much correct... and having that corner cropped off, gives you an aft view, but smaller than the already small balconies on Princess.

Agree 100% we noticed the privacy issue not mention not enough light coming through...for now we will keep the latter and check for upgrade options closer to the sailing. We are questioning foot traffic as well since its right next to a lift..Thank you!

10 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@Maycruser Here is a annotated photo of the ship.  I've circled 14643 which is on the image.thumb.png.0bf058f46e564cd36d48781ab60f4610.pngopposite side of the ship from 14642.  I would venture to say that your main view will be out to the side of the ship.  You may get some aft view, but only if you stand right at the rail and look aft.  

@cruisedoctor Thank you for the photo, I believe the cabin is better suited out of the two. We are just wondering about the foot traffic with the lift next door. We will keep the cabin and check for upgrade options later. We were upgraded to a mini-suite on the Enchanted last month. Thank you!

Edited by Maycruser

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Nice Spock graphic! Sure, some do - we're in late 30s and like dressing a little more smartly now and again. But do enough people do it every day to have dedicated floor of dining room? I'm sceptical, but we'll know in a few months when Sun launches.

Edited by Leo37
  • Thanks 1

About the lift/elevator...  Of course we don't know on a new ship,  but usually these are not a huge concern.  These seem to be small lifts, and perhaps they are restricted to Suite guests?

If you like a bit of an aft view, and do mind the smaller balcony,  then this would probably work out well.

If balcony availability is the issue,  then keep checking to see if anything else opens up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

I really think too much is being read into this and some people are hoping that the MDR's equate to what you wear which is really hard to believe because Princess has been going in the opposite direction of formal wear in recent years.

I guess I misinterpreted the word "formality" in the Princess description. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Anyone booked on Dec 14 cruise this year??  SO excited to cruise her for my 40th birthday!  My husband and I LOVE princess, but this is so cool getting a new experience on a Princess, I am very excited!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lilirishh14 said:

Anyone booked on Dec 14 cruise this year??  SO excited to cruise her for my 40th birthday!  My husband and I LOVE princess, but this is so cool getting a new experience on a Princess, I am very excited!!

your enthusiasm is catchy. So much so, after reading it, I bought a scratcher and won 250.00

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lilirishh14 said:

You need to start a roll call. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/221-sun-princess-roll-calls/

3 hours ago, Lilirishh14 said:

Hope you enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful 40th birthday. 

7 hours ago, nini said:

I guess I misinterpreted the word "formality" in the Princess description. Time will tell.

I think that until she sails, everyone is throwing WAG's

• Like 3

No, it certainly won't look like those CG images on most cruises!

One recent review said that most all of the passengers seemed to be above 60.. Lots of batter wheelchairs, etc....  

Princess is planning, and wishing, and dreaming a younger market !

We've seen one cruise that was younger, but it was a unique cruise and appealed to younger guests.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Why on earth is the sushi restaurant coming up as specialty and not casual dining?  One of the reasons I upgraded to premier is for unlimited casual as my family can and would eat sushi every day if allowed!  Ugh.

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Chef Rudi is posting with a lot of enthusiastic chefs from the galley on Sun Princess:

image.png.5c48ad835af5ccf0361e064938025718.png

I've been enjoying Rudi's and other's photo and video postings 

• Like 1