New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

Just now, vistaman said:

I do not think Beluga caviar is still served on a cruise ship

And unfortunately retail of DP went up 

in my country a lot of specials are done around this time of the year - some basic Champagnes went up with 4 € comparing to last year and licors as well Cointreau + 4 €🤑  

I liked NCL’s champagne bar.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

When shopping around a few weeks ago I did notice all of the major four lines have increased prices. 

12/31/22 NCL's increases to $109 (does does not include water or coffee) or $138 + 20% 

2/1/23 Princess increases their premium package (limit of 15 drinks per day) to $84.99 + 18%

5/1/122 Carnival (also 15 drinks) increased to $64.99 + 18% 

Royal Caribbeans changes by the minute but $89 is not uncommon 

Princess also has a Plus (what they call their Classic) package for $60 and their Premium is $80 which includes gratuity and wifi. (Drink packages alone are more????)

And the 15 drink limit is  only for alcoholic drinks.

Edited by chamima

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Next question is, what will increase in price next?

As long as they can find people who would pay it, my guess would be everything.

Instead of just whining about it, if people would stop paying the inflated prices things would change. We’ve voted with our wallet for over three years and no end in sight, and don’t really care if things ever change. “It’s not what people think somethings worth, it’s what people are willing to pay.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Instead of just whining about it, if people would stop paying the inflated prices things would change. We’ve voted with our wallet for over three years and no end in sight, and don’t really care if things ever change. “It’s not what people think somethings worth, it’s what people are willing to pay.”

Some instances people have purchased the cruise itself years in advance.  With that being said, it’s inevitable things will continue to increase 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

7 Nights on Beyond in January

I paid:

($15 -10% Classic CC discount: $13.50) x 7 Nights + 18% service charge = $111.51

What it would cost today:

($20 - 10% Classic CC discount: $18.00) x 7 Nights + 18% service charge = $148.68

Note: X says it adds 20% service charge to beverage packages but the computer system is only programmed to add 18%, another mistake by Celebrity's IT department.

I’m not sure it’s a mistake by the IT dept that only charged you 18%. I think it might be your 10% discount from 20% that gets you to 18%. 

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Some instances people have purchased the cruise itself years in advance.  With that being said, it’s inevitable things will continue to increase 

To be expected, most everything is increasing.  Just got the bill for our homeowners insurance, it went up by 35% and auto just slightly less😮‼️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Wouldn’t save any money with me.

My mother always stopped me eating in my bedroom,I’m not starting on a cruise ship.

I was raised the same way but I do love breakfast in our room on our balcony as well as lunch when I port and we’re not interested in going ashore. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I was raised the same way but I do love breakfast in our room on our balcony as well as lunch when I port and we’re not interested in going ashore. 

You remind me why I like a real balcony.  I’m in an IV in May then back to a balcony in December.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Just like many of say regarding tips, cash is king.  Same applies to the crazy costs Celebrity is pushing now, for everything, cash is king, and I’m giving mine for my May 2023 cruise to Oceania.  First time for me but I have to test the waters so to speak, I’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Is it confirmed whether the upcharge from Classic to Premium will happen?

I called up yesterday and it cost me £90 GBP for a week (with Select discount). Im on a B2B and can't decide whether to do it for the second week (I was jut going to see how I went on with the first week). The rest of my party were planning on waiting until nearer the time. 

I called Celebrity reservations today about the drink package pricing. They stated that the "cruise only" fare now includes unlimited water, sodas, and non alcoholic specialty coffees.
Just to be sure, I called back, got a different person, and they stated the same thing. Hope it's true. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Amhere219 said:

I called Celebrity reservations today about the drink package pricing. They stated that the "cruise only" fare now includes unlimited water, sodas, and non alcoholic specialty coffees.
Just to be sure, I called back, got a different person, and they stated the same thing. Hope it's true. 🙂

Hmm.  I wonder when that starts.  We board in 2 weeks and I paid for the soda package for my husband.  I see that option is no longer available.  Do I cancel it? 

13 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Hmm.  I wonder when that starts.  We board in 2 weeks and I paid for the soda package for my husband.  I see that option is no longer available.  Do I cancel it? 

Does it apply to sailings in 2023. We booked 2 solo cabins cruise only fare.