New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

10 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I think a bit of both.  I remember the waiter walking around with bottles of CK Mondavi on basic which is what I drank during HH. It was actually very good surprised it was not on premium. 

Perhaps it was?  Historically some of the items on the HH menu were not in the Classic package.

6 minutes ago, Kelownadon said:

Are you allowed to admit in public that you mix scotch with coke?

Are you allowed to admit in public that you drink Pepsi?  😂

Since you asked I usually drink it on the rocks which some people think is a no no.  But once in a while I want a scotch and coke.  Now the really really good scotch I would never mix with anything and I drink it neat.  I drink Macallan 12 and will mix that.  Sometimes Johnnie Walker Black.  

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are you allowed to admit in public that you drink Pepsi?  😂

Since you asked I usually drink it on the rocks which some people think is a no no.  But once in a while I want a scotch and coke.  Now the really really good scotch I would never mix with anything and I drink it neat.  I drink Macallan 12 and will mix that.  Sometimes Johnnie Walker Black.  

Both Pepsi and coke can shove it, 😁

I like the store label stuff better , not as  sweet compared to the Major over price stuff 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Both Pepsi and coke can shove it, 😁

I like the store label stuff better , not as  sweet compared to the Major over price stuff 😁

I tried drinking RC Cola a few years ago.  It didn’t taste the way I remember when I was a kid.  Here in North Carolina we have Cheerwine.  Some people are crazy about it.

22 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I, for one, cannot wait to read your take on the sailing...

bon voyage

I'm on the Sky princess for a quick 7 night Western Caribbean next month.  it was very cheap with no drinks package but do plan on purchasing martinis and wine.  I'll be doing a comparison with Celebrity's offerings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm on the Sky princess for a quick 7 night Western Caribbean next month.  it was very cheap with no drinks package but do plan on purchasing martinis and wine.  I'll be doing a comparison with Celebrity's offerings. 

Please come back and report.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I tried drinking RC Cola a few years ago.  It didn’t taste the way I remember when I was a kid.  Here in North Carolina we have Cheerwine.  Some people are crazy about it.

I’ve had it, I’ll allow it. 🙂

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

Please come back and report.

Will do for sure. I'm solo in cabin so can bring on a bottle of wine at no charge plus an additional for $15 corkage fee regardless of where I drink it.  Thats 10 bucks less than Celebrity's fee

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Will do for sure. I'm solo in cabin so can bring on a bottle of wine at no charge plus an additional for $15 corkage fee regardless of where I drink it.  Thats 10 bucks less than Celebrity's fee

I think you'll find that everything is slightly less expensive than Celebrity. We sail both lines.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chamima said:

I think you'll find that everything is slightly less expensive than Celebrity. We sail both lines.

Sky Princess looks beautiful

A friend in Florida was just on her and posted some pictures. Its all decorated for xmas. Can't wait  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

2 bottles per passenger on Celebrity.   No corkage fee if you have a beverage package.  These are recent changes in the last 6 months or so.

54 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

2 bottles per passenger on Celebrity.   No corkage fee if you have a beverage package.  These are recent changes in the last 6 months or so.

Princess allows 1 plus $15 for second bottle but their drink packages are cheaper than Celebrity 

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Princess allows 1 plus $15 for second bottle but their drink packages are cheaper than Celebrity 

I think it was on this thread that someone said Princess was/had raised the price on their drink packages and about the same as Celebrity.

21 hours ago, rmalbers said:

I'm a beer drinker and I'm sticking with classic, last X cruise, the month covid hit, I had trouble finding beers on the premium list at a lot of the bars so I was drinking mostly beers on the classic list anyway.

Yes, Dh drinks only beer- not liquor. But he will want the IPAs and such-  not just Coors. I was also wondering what the cost difference would be in deciding whether to upgrade from Classic or just pay per drink. Have we gotten a definitive answer on the upgrade cost for a week cruise yet? Seems like the answers and Higher Math are all over the place. 

14 hours ago, zitsky said:

If they ever switch to Pepsi, I’m done.  😂 

If they ever switch to Pepsi I'll cruise at least twice as often. 

One of the main reasons I go ashore in ports that we've visited multiple times is to score some Diet Pepsi or Diet Mt. Dew. 

On 12/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, zitsky said:

31 years together and we may not make it to 32!

When he finds out he will insist I upgrade him.  “But you don’t care what you drink?”  Why don’t I just do it now?  Maybe because I enjoy pain.  Maybe because I want to save money.

I thought  I had read that everyone in stateroom had to be one the same package? 

2 minutes ago, TravelingCircusof5 said:

I thought  I had read that everyone in stateroom had to be one the same package? 

Well Celebrity should have told me that before THEY ruined my marriage.  They had no trouble upgrading only me a few days ago.  As of this morning. we are both on premium.

• Haha 3