Onboard cruise survey

Redtravel

33 minutes ago, twochromic said:

I no longer fill in any so-called "satisfaction surveys", be they for cruises, car service, hotels, or whatever.

I don't think the business uses the reviews to improve their services, but rather to discipline or punish staff.

You make a good point. 

• Like 1

Here in the states, surveys have become the norm.  Almost any service that is performed has a survey attached.  Some are quick and easy but others become absurd quickly.  In addition, many have let us know that anything less than all perfect scores will count negatively against the person.  As a result, I now ignore most that come from anything such as buying a cup of coffee to "normal" everyday business unless the service is particularly great or horrendous.  Luckily we have not experienced horrendous.

We did fill out our mid cruise survey in January as we have read enough comments on this board that they are read.  We also took the time to mention as many people by name as possible.  Truth is we had extremely good service on board although honestly our needs were pretty simple.

I look at these like the reviews I see on CC.  Read ten, throw away the worst two and the best two and then come to the Oceania page and temper what I read.

If the surveys were at all difficult for us to fill out, we would probably have just moved on but for us, easy peasy.  

4 hours ago, Woofa said:

Here in the states, surveys have become the norm.  Almost any service that is performed has a survey attached.  Some are quick and easy but others become absurd quickly.  In addition, many have let us know that anything less than all perfect scores will count negatively against the person.  As a result, I now ignore most that come from anything such as buying a cup of coffee to "normal" everyday business unless the service is particularly great or horrendous.  Luckily we have not experienced horrendous.

We did fill out our mid cruise survey in January as we have read enough comments on this board that they are read.  We also took the time to mention as many people by name as possible.  Truth is we had extremely good service on board although honestly our needs were pretty simple.

I look at these like the reviews I see on CC.  Read ten, throw away the worst two and the best two and then come to the Oceania page and temper what I read.

If the surveys were at all difficult for us to fill out, we would probably have just moved on but for us, easy peasy.  

I've got to the point unless there's something in it for me I don't fill out surveys. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, twochromic said:

I no longer fill in any so-called "satisfaction surveys", be they for cruises, car service, hotels, or whatever.

I don't think the business uses the reviews to improve their services, but rather to discipline or punish staff.

Another issue that I have encountered when having to complete these onboard - is that there have been situations where the "powers that be" forced the "offenders" to contact me personally by telephone!!  Which was nothing short of UNCOMFORTABLE....I would much prefer to complete this surveys once I have returned home.  And for those curious, the one example was that I complained a bit about not being able to purchase Tylenol or Advil in the gift shop....and was told by the staff that it was in violation of the WHO rules?  as in World Health Organization.....and I thought that a silly reason but was ready and willing to just accept the fact and planned on visiting the CVS in Puerto Rico the next day - which we did.....

But I received a phone call from the poor manager of the gift shop trying to explain to me why Oceanis was not able to sell Tylenol., etc.....I still say that it was due to management wanting to know if anyone had fever symptoms?  As the gift shop kept referring us to the Health Center....but who knows?  I do know that If I would have wanted to have it OUT with the store manager, I would have continued my argument when this situation first occurred.  It just made it uncomfortable for me to go back to the gift shop for ANYTHING.....due to this chain of events.  Had I been able to do the survey at home?  I could have been more thorough in explaining and would still have felt comfortable spending more money in the gift shop....

27 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

But I received a phone call from the poor manager of the gift shop trying to explain to me why Oceanis was not able to sell Tylenol., etc.....I still say that it was due to management wanting to know if anyone had fever symptoms?  As the gift shop kept referring us to the Health Center....but who knows?  I do know that If I would have wanted to have it OUT with the store manager, I would have continued my argument when this situation first occurred.  It just made it uncomfortable for me to go back to the gift shop for ANYTHING.....due to this chain of events.  Had I been able to do the survey at home?  I could have been more thorough in explaining and would still have felt comfortable spending more money in the gift shop....

Was this in the past 2 yrs  during the restart of cruising  during covid??

9 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Yes

well then that was the issue

They probably did not want those infected masking their symptoms  so they could wander around infecting others 🙄

JMO

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Another issue that I have encountered when having to complete these onboard - is that there have been situations where the "powers that be" forced the "offenders" to contact me personally by telephone!!  Which was nothing short of UNCOMFORTABLE....I would much prefer to complete this surveys once I have returned home.  And for those curious, the one example was that I complained a bit about not being able to purchase Tylenol or Advil in the gift shop....and was told by the staff that it was in violation of the WHO rules?  as in World Health Organization.....and I thought that a silly reason but was ready and willing to just accept the fact and planned on visiting the CVS in Puerto Rico the next day - which we did.....

Just curious, did they have the Tylenol and Advil on display to be sold? Or were you simply inquiring if they actually had any to purchase that was not displayed?

11 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Just curious, did they have the Tylenol and Advil on display to be sold? Or were you simply inquiring if they actually had any to purchase that was not displayed?

I inquired as to whether or not they had these two products or anything "similar"  to these products or similar ones were always available for sale.......as after 50+ cruises I was surprised to find nothing available for even a simple headache.  

And also "Just curious"  why would this matter?  as in if the products were on display?

2 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

I inquired as to whether or not they had these two products or anything "similar"  to these products or similar ones were always available for sale.......as after 50+ cruises I was surprised to find nothing available for even a simple headache.  

And also "Just curious"  why would this matter?  as in if the products were on display?

Because I thought if they were on display and they had to tell you why they could not provide them to you that that would have been even a more unfair position to put the staff in than they already were.  

We were on Marina again in June. Still a beautiful ship. However, the crew was new. This was our 5 th cruise on Marina.  Didn’t recognize anyone working on the ship. This time the cruise had issues that I wanted to address on the survey.   Went to guest relations and asked for our passenger numbers.  Relations guy was amazed that I didn’t know those numbers.  That was typical of guest relations on this cruise.  My spouse did the online survey. Next I tried to do it. Not surprised when I couldn’t log into it.  Called Guest relations who told me computer issues should be addressed by the computer person. Anything that you asked for at guest relations or the concierge was dismissed. They were clueless. When I got home, I sent email to Oceania detailing concerns.  Got immediate email that my email was received. No other response.  

@Redtravel As I recall, the number that is used for log-in is your Oceania Club number which is on your stateroom card. With all the issues about the online survey being reported, I'm curious now how it's going to go on my cruise next month. I didn't have any trouble with it last time but that was last November.

When a couple is spending say nearly a combined $400-500 per night in their veranda cabin on a cruise, what is sad & pathetic is trying to FORCE them to waste precious time and effort and thought during that cruise on a survey that can wait. IF they truly wanted thoughtful comments, they'd give us at least 7 days afterwards to complete one.

• Like 4

Just off the Regatta. I agree with most of the posts here - if you really are interested in what people think about your product/service, then you make it as easy as possible for people to get you that information. Never heard of filling out a survey during a cruise, let alone jumping through a few hoops to do so. This platform (CC) is the best place to share that evaluation. 

• Like 1