Onboard cruise survey

Redtravel

Just off cruise. During the last few days, there were several postings and announcements telling guests to complete the online survey.  Prizes to be given to 2 selected winners.  I usually get survey requests after cruises. I like to take time after getting off to reflect and think about my experience. That includes everything that happened.  Most cruise lines send out email requests after you disembark.  Not Oceania.  I never did the survey on the cruise. I didn’t want to take my cruise time to do a survey.  I looked at it briefly. It required your passenger number to get in. Not knowing the number, I stopped. Rather enjoy my time onboard doing what I enjoy.  On the last morning, while we were waiting to disembark, cruise director announced the winners of the survey. Prize was $100 OBC. That was awarded after all shops and accounts were closed.  OBC that you cannot use on that  cruise.    Maybe it could be used on a future cruise?  It just reinforces a good reason not to respond to the survey.  Had they sent me an after cruise email, I likely would respond.  Rather, after I have time to reflect on my cruise experience, I will post a review.  

• Like 3

Amen! If management truly wanted ratings and high participation on the survey, they would make it convenient and easy to complete and respond. The current online survey is neither convenient nor easy to complete. I would bet they are getting a response rate well below 50%. An assistant cruise director told me the crew hates the current survey approach and they are lobbying Miami to kill the online approach.

• Like 1

O prefer the old way with the paper survey  that I could do the last night or mail in after the cruise

I would do an online cruise when I got home if that was available

We do like to give the crew  that work hard  a mention in the surveys

too bad they make it so hard to do the surveys now

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Just off cruise. During the last few days, there were several postings and announcements telling guests to complete the online survey.  Prizes to be given to 2 selected winners.  I usually get survey requests after cruises. I like to take time after getting off to reflect and think about my experience. That includes everything that happened.  Most cruise lines send out email requests after you disembark.  Not Oceania.  I never did the survey on the cruise. I didn’t want to take my cruise time to do a survey.  I looked at it briefly. It required your passenger number to get in. Not knowing the number, I stopped. Rather enjoy my time onboard doing what I enjoy.  On the last morning, while we were waiting to disembark, cruise director announced the winners of the survey. Prize was $100 OBC. That was awarded after all shops and accounts were closed.  OBC that you cannot use on that  cruise.    Maybe it could be used on a future cruise?  It just reinforces a good reason not to respond to the survey.  Had they sent me an after cruise email, I likely would respond.  Rather, after I have time to reflect on my cruise experience, I will post a review.  

I too prefer the old paper way or, better still, post cruise opportunity to respond in detail.

FWIW: your O club ID # is on the bottom of your cruise key card. And the survey address uses intranet (though that can be non-functional too).

35 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

On the last morning, while we were waiting to disembark, cruise director announced the winners of the survey. Prize was $100 OBC. That was awarded after all shops and accounts were closed.  OBC that you cannot use on that  cruise.   

My October cruise awarded $100 OBC to 2 passengers.  The CD did announce the day prior that they would be awarding it on the morning of disembarkation so we did have some advance notice. I usually have no problem spending at least $100 on the ship. Even if you didn't go to the shops, buy drinks, etc, it could be applied towards your gratuities.

I agree with you that the requirement to complete the survey while onboard is absurd. I did manage to get mine done even though the ship only had intermittent wi-fi.  Doing the survey on my cell phone was very awkward.  I understand why O doesn't want paper surveys anymore.  Too cumbersome and inefficient.  Letting us do the surveys online when we return home is the logical solution. 

Ditto on hating the online survey. I like to jump around (do question 8, come back to question 3 after thinking). I did the first one about a year ago...sat in the c-lounge on one of their computers sipping cappucino and reloading on decadent cakey-things to make it tolerable. In September my spouse was going to do it; after three attempts (two from our room, one on an O-computer) he gave up...not the way we want to spend cruise time.

Fwiw, there is a drop box/ suggestion box by the main desk. I still list all the employees that do an exemplary job during the cruise and drop it in there. This gets done whether I can fill out the online survey or not. They claim those comments read them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, what a sad silly "survey" situation. As if I want to waste my vacation time, during an expensive cruise, filling out their electronic survey?!?! Didn't do it on Sirena 11/22. Felt sorry for the crew members I would've mentioned had I been able to fill it out shortly after returning home. One can only hope O sees the light. IF they really want valuable informed survey material, they can't continue to do it this way.

• Like 1

I suppose I am in the minority on this topic.  I completed the online survey on each of the four B2B segments on the Marina ending with her transatlantic to Miami.  I used an O computer without any issues.  I agree that the organization of the survey questions needs improvement.

We completed a mid cruise survey earlier this year, noting satisfaction and disappointments.  We were pleasantly surprised and impressed when we were approached at breakfast by one of the senior staff to thank us for the feedback and assurance that our disappointments would be addressed.  Kudos to the Sirena staff for caring.

Agree with everyone about filling out on board.  Don't want to take the time, and it wasn't convenient.  We just got of a HAL cruise 2 weeks ago, and they advertised the post-cruise survey would be sent to each passenger via email in a few days.  True to their word, it was in our email box about 3 days after we got back.  Plenty of time to complete it and give honest feedback.  I prefer that way.

I would suggest you all put these complaints on the end of cruise survey😈

In all seriousness, on one cruise as we were getting off on disembarkation day they were announcing the winners. My wife's name was called. We had a zero balance on our account, usually the way we like it when we are done, most of the time have to spend OBC down in the boutique or similar. I did find out that it only goes toward any balance you have on your account. Doesn't count towards a future cruise. At least we won, but if we'd known that I would have bought something else. 

Still waiting to win that OBC at the Future Cruise Presentation. 

Hubby won the 100 OBC for the end of cruise survey, we were surprised as our friends who were staying on a b2b2b won on their last day as well, which was funny. I am glad I nagged him to do the form now. 

The mid cruise is good to get problems sorted on board - something O is generally very good at. The end of cruise survey (I am presuming) goes straight to HQ and if there was a more ongoing issue or something of a more delicate matter it could go straight to an impartial party rather than stay where it could be potentially brushed under the carpet. In my case I mentioned the resident comic who was rampantly racist - due to nepotism issues this would not have been something that could have been addressed on the ship I feel. 

Nobody ever got back to me from the end of cruise survey, but I feel satisfied that someone saw my comments, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Hubby won the 100 OBC for the end of cruise survey, we were surprised as our friends who were staying on a b2b2b won on their last day as well, which was funny. I am glad I nagged him to do the form now. 

The mid cruise is good to get problems sorted on board - something O is generally very good at. The end of cruise survey (I am presuming) goes straight to HQ and if there was a more ongoing issue or something of a more delicate matter it could go straight to an impartial party rather than stay where it could be potentially brushed under the carpet. In my case I mentioned the resident comic who was rampantly racist - due to nepotism issues this would not have been something that could have been addressed on the ship I feel. 

Nobody ever got back to me from the end of cruise survey, but I feel satisfied that someone saw my comments, 

So on the end of cruise survey I assume you dottied all the I's about the comedian?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Congratulations

The big  question did you need to spend it immediately  or is it used on your next cruise ??

21 hours ago, ORV said:

In all seriousness, on one cruise as we were getting off on disembarkation day they were announcing the winners. My wife's name was called. We had a zero balance on our account, usually the way we like it when we are done, most of the time have to spend OBC down in the boutique or similar. I did find out that it only goes toward any balance you have on your account. Doesn't count towards a future cruise. At least we won, but if we'd known that I would have bought something else. 

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder what happens if you do not have a bill?? LOL 😃

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

That’s a really good question!

I'm disappointed, don't you guys read my posts? I answered this above. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ORV said:

Sorry  I missed your post

We usually are in the shops the last day trying to use  up OBC  so like you no balance

They should just send pax  like us  the cash or at least  put it on the next cruise

JMO

We were recently on our first Oceania cruise and I was quite surprised that they wanted me to take time out from the last day or two of my cruise to go online, register and create a user name and password, and then complete a survey (especially since internet was so sketchy). I am always happy to do the surveys online when I'm home; I'll never do one on the cruise unless it's super simple and easy. 

• Like 3

I won the $100 on Dec. 18. We had received OBC from our TA and stock certificates and even with the $100 still owed $577. Those gratuities add up. We ordered the 2 for 1 drinks at Happy Hour and that is about it for bar expenses. And we ordered our shore excursions from home so they were already paid for as I recall. I had filled out the survey on the last sea day and made lots of comments at the end. I don't know what I did but they all disappeared. I was pissed, put down what happened and said forget it, I am done. I felt better when I heard my name called. 

• Haha 1