Onboard cruise survey

Redtravel

Agree wholeheartedly. On our cruise this past September/October filled out the mid cruise survey. Planned to do the end of cruise survey as well but didn’t get to it before we disembarked. Once settled in at our hotel in Lisbon, I tried to access the link but it was already down. Was very disappointed that not even 24 hours later it was not available. Sent an email to customer service so I could recognize the crew members who deserved recognition. They should definitely give you the opportunity to fill it out for a least a week after the cruise ends-

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

This survey was not well planned. First the name of site they want u to use is OceaniaCruiseReview.com. so what comes up is not the actual site but online reviews of Oceania some that ask upfront for a credit card!! Talk about bogus scam. They should call it OceaniaPassengerSurvey! And it was not accessible and ditto to everyone's comments about doing it afterwards. 100 obc is chintzy...sb 500. 

14 minutes ago, ArtHistoryBuff said:

This survey was not well planned. First the name of site they want u to use is OceaniaCruiseReview.com. so what comes up is not the actual site but online reviews of Oceania some that ask upfront for a credit card!! Talk about bogus scam. They should call it OceaniaPassengerSurvey! And it was not accessible and ditto to everyone's comments about doing it afterwards. 100 obc is chintzy...sb 500. 

It’s an intranet site (not internet) to allow those without an internet account full access.

There are multiple public announcements/reminders with instructions on how to use.

50 minutes ago, ArtHistoryBuff said:

This survey was not well planned

Not least in that we couldn't log on to complete it.

Does seem silly that you can't complete it once you've left the ship and had time to reflect on your answers. But if that's how O wants to play it,  then that's a matter for O. I'm sure the responses they get suit their purposes. 

• Like 1

I have never run up a bill on any cruise, careful not to exceed whatever OBC we have had. A question I've always had is if I won the OBC for doing the survey and I don't have a bill to settle what happens to that OBC? Probably the same that happens with the unused shore excursion credit under the "Simply More" program.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harters said:

Not least in that we couldn't log on to complete it.

Does seem silly that you can't complete it once you've left the ship and had time to reflect on your answers. But if that's how O wants to play it,  then that's a matter for O. I'm sure the responses they get suit their purposes. 

Let’s all remember that, basically, nothing has changed. The old paper review also had to be completed before leaving the ship. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Let’s all remember that, basically, nothing has changed. The old paper review also had to be completed before leaving the ship. 

Yes, but the old paper review did not have the complexities of needing to have computer access, signing in etc. etc. I am more computer savvy than most in my baby boomer generation and still find it inconvenient and sometimes confusing to have to get computer access, properly sign in and think through thorough responses under time and sometimes technology pressure at the end of a cruise.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It’s an intranet site (not internet) to allow those without an internet account full access.

There are multiple public announcements/reminders with instructions on how to use.

The instructions didn't work...of course I followed them to a tee. I work w computers every day and designed surveys for my work. Please don't insult my intelligence.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You really don't get it do you? A paper survey you can complete at your leisure in your room over a few days. It's totally different on a phone. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

I have never run up a bill on any cruise, careful not to exceed whatever OBC we have had. A question I've always had is if I won the OBC for doing the survey and I don't have a bill to settle what happens to that OBC? Probably the same that happens with the unused shore excursion credit under the "Simply More" program.

I can tell you this from firsthand experience. My wife actually won, they called her name as we were leaving the ship. We had a zero balance. That's exactly what we got, zero. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, ArtHistoryBuff said:

You really don't get it do you? A paper survey you can complete at your leisure in your room over a few days. It's totally different on a phone. 

I don’t particularly care for the tech version of the final review. That said, people who truly want to respond, will find the time to use that tool (just like they did with the paper one. And for those, who miss that intranet opportunity, they can always send their review comments to Oceania’s Guest Services, Oceania Club et al.

48 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I don’t particularly care for the tech version of the final review. That said, people who truly want to respond, will find the time to use that tool (just like they did with the paper one. And for those, who miss that intranet opportunity, they can always send their review comments to Oceania’s Guest Services, Oceania Club et al.

Only in your world!

Last October on Sirena, the Internet was down for multiple days. It became the ship’s joke, CD Lottie was telling everyone to fill out the survey knowing the computer system was totally down. That was in Lisbon. We disembarked in Barcelona, and surprise, the last 24+ hours we had no internet. Conveniently planned during the time the supposed survey was open.

The entire time approaching and in Lisbon, passengers had no internet! It was exactly the same on Marina in Lima. 

Hopefully, Starlink corrects this issue, but your influencer nonsense on people being able to complete the survey, if they choose, is a joke. On the Sirena we had more days of zero connectivity than days with. The OCAs couldn’t book future cruises because they had no internet service to Miami!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

I prefer the paper one    Sometimes it was delivered late on the last evening  so no time to really think about  things

I have mailed the  form in after we got home 

Yes they do read them  as I did get  a response to  a comment I made

Maybe having it done onboard  (unsuccessfully it seems)  will keep the complaints down or at least from getting to the "powers that be"

They really need to get a  good IT dept that can do a survey  that people can submit  on the internet  AFTER  they get home

The  OBC  is worthless if you do not run up a balance  as Orv pointed out

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Only in your world!

Last October on Sirena, the Internet was down for multiple days….

Hopefully, Starlink corrects this issue, but your influencer nonsense on people being able to complete the survey, if they choose, is a joke.

The only nonsense here is that, apparently, you don’t realize the survey doesn’t use the internet. It’s on a LAN (i.e., intranet).

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

I understand that. If the system is down, it’s down! Watching a ball spin around for hours means nothing is coming up! 

Even the Oceania InTRA Net has service constraints on many cruises.

Glad you clarified(?) that. So, you’re saying that the ship’s internal LANs were inoperable? That must have been very interesting for communications between deck and engineering personnel. 

16 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Glad you clarified(?) that. So, you’re saying that the ship’s internal LANs were inoperable? That must have been very interesting for communications between deck and engineering personnel. 

Just like the Internet, the ship has control over who has access to its intranet at all times.

Ships ran for centuries without computer based communication. I was watching on a recent show were the communications between the bridge and engineering was all done via walkie talkie because of issues. I believe Oceania is fully equipped to function without intranet over a several day interval.  Do you believe otherwise?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Just like the Internet, the ship has control over who has access to its intranet at all times.

Ships ran for centuries without computer based communication. I was watching on a recent show were the communications between the bridge and engineering was all done via walkie talkie because of issues. I believe Oceania is fully equipped to function without intranet over a several day interval.  Do you believe otherwise?

Aha! (Or is it haha!) So, now we’ve got a conspiracy theory (“Conveniently planned during the time the supposed survey was open.”) that O spends a ton of money on a digital survey capability and then purposefully FUBARs the LAN system used to administer it (for the purpose of….. ?????)🤔😳

In any case, as I posted earlier: I don’t care for the digital survey. But, I do it as often as I can because that’s what’s available (and the results are more efficiently quantifiable than the old way. On those occasions, when I don’t do it (and even some times when I do), I also email significant pans and kudos regarding specific items to one or more of the appropriate O managers in Miami for whom I have good contact info.

and, as you might expect, some of those comments achieve zip while others get desired results.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

FWIW, I have always completed the online survey and have not had any significant problems with it. I do it on my iPad and it's a little cumbersome but it didn't take much time, including comments I wrote. I agree, however, that it should be made available to us after the cruise.  It's more efficient for Oceania to do the electronic survey (it goes to Miami immediately) as opposed to a paper version.  Now I just wish I would win the OBC as I always have a balance on my account.

Just got off Nautica. Nearly impossible to figure out and I’m tech savvy. You need to be logged on to their internet. Then you have to create an account to fill out the survey! All kinds of checks and balances to see if you are you (the date field is very hard to get it to what your birthdate is). I finally gave up. And I always have feedback to every cruise and this one was no exception so they won’t get the feedback. I will post one here on cruise critic for others to hear. There are a number of issues that arose that others should hear also. Very frustrating process on their part. 

I no longer fill in any so-called "satisfaction surveys", be they for cruises, car service, hotels, or whatever.

I don't think the business uses the reviews to improve their services, but rather to discipline or punish staff.