Apex Thermal Spa

De Colores

I was interested in booking the Thermal Spa for the week. I noticed it said time limit 15 min. When I clicked to purchase I had to pick a time on the first day in a 15 minute increment. Is this a place that I can stop in at anytime to use the amenities? I understand the time limit on the heated loungers,  but what about the other things. Before I drop $219.00 I want to be sure I have freedom to go when I want to go.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The time really doesn't mean anything, it's just the way they sell the passes.  You can come and go as you please when the spa is open, using all the available rooms/facilities, without any regard for what "time" your pass was sold for.

The cruise planner for spa purchases are setup for spa treatments, which accounts for why you need to choose a date and time.  When you purchase a whole cruise spa pass it's unlimited visits from opening to closing.  

Just be aware that the heated loungers on the Apex are exposed to the walkway to the different areas of the spa. You can hear all the chatter from the people deciding what to experience next. It’s not the quiet, peaceful spot I’ve experienced on S class ships where the loungers are more separate. It was nice but occasionally, I had to “sssshusss” some folks—-or I wanted to anyway! Ha!

12 hours ago, De Colores said:

Thank you both so much…booking it now! We did a move up to Aqua but there is only one cabin left so not likely. If I did get it I am sure they would refund my spa purchase. 

Thanks

If you get the upgrade, just login to cruise planner and cancel the purchase.

We just got off the Apex.  They didn’t offer and day passes, and we had a lot of onboard credit so we decided to book the week.  Colossal waste of money.  Thankfully it was onboard credit, but I could have found something else to spend $530.  Not peaceful, people leave their dirty towels everywhere.  At one point in the Turkish bath there was at least 20 towels in there.  People are ridiculous.  The dry sauna is no warmer than 80.  The crystal and salt rooms are just gimmicky.  Anyways, we experienced it, but never again.  

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 10:14 AM, lizinindy said:

Just be aware that the heated loungers on the Apex are exposed to the walkway to the different areas of the spa. You can hear all the chatter from the people deciding what to experience next. It’s not the quiet, peaceful spot I’ve experienced on S class ships where the loungers are more separate. It was nice but occasionally, I had to “sssshusss” some folks—-or I wanted to anyway! Ha!

I found the area disappointing.  The loungers were very difficult to get into.   They are very close to each other and the overhead slanted window doesn’t  allow much head room.  I am fairly flexible and have BMI of 23.    I am sure larger passenger would have a tough time.     Those  different rooms are a waste of space.  To me they were rather boring and don’t serve any purpose.    Sitting in a room with a salt block or a crystal?  The shower alley isn’t as nice as those shower stalls on the other classes.   Walk thru  a corridor like a car going thru a car wash.   Only thing missing was the spray of soap at the start and maybe body lotion at the end.    

We also found that the loungers weren’t as comfortable as those on the S class and during the day the sun would beat on you’ve assured they are under the slanted glass window.  

We were on the Apex doing  B2B for 14 days in AQ and only used the place 2 times.   Those swinging chairs are useless and not comfortable.  

I think the area is like most stuff on the E class that is for design and not function.  

This is our opinion and I am sure others will disagree 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 12/19/2022 at 10:19 PM, De Colores said:

Thank you both so much…booking it now! We did a move up to Aqua but there is only one cabin left so not likely. If I did get it I am sure they would refund my spa purchase. 

Thanks

I did get the move up to Aqua Class the last time we sailed.  I enjoyed the thermal spa, especially the heated loungers.  The changing room is very nice, also.  I always took a change of clothes and showered there after using the steam room.  Enjoy!

A few comments plus a question :

Comments:

We have only been on S Class ships ( Persian Gardens ) and noticed 2 signs:

" 20 minutes on the tile loungers "--- " Quiet Area "

Very few people observed the signs as they were sleeping ( some snoring ) or reading books.

Also, there was a lot of "typical" cruise chit chat not observing the " Quiet Area " sign----

" Where ya from"-- How many cruises ya taken "--" How d'ya like the food, the entertainment, etc "--- 

Overall, for the most part the Persian Gardens is enjoyable depending on the time you go there, and , who's there. 

Question :

On the E Class ships , is there access to a dry sauna ,showers, and lockers in the Mens/Ladies washrooms outside the Thermal Spa as there is on the S class ships outside the Persian Gardens?

On 12/24/2022 at 1:31 PM, jakebloke said:

We just got off the Apex.  They didn’t offer and day passes, and we had a lot of onboard credit so we decided to book the week.  Colossal waste of money.  Thankfully it was onboard credit, but I could have found something else to spend $530.  Not peaceful, people leave their dirty towels everywhere.  At one point in the Turkish bath there was at least 20 towels in there.  People are ridiculous.  The dry sauna is no warmer than 80.  The crystal and salt rooms are just gimmicky.  Anyways, we experienced it, but never again.  

I felt the same on the Edge in Oct/Nov.  Thankfully I was just uisng OBC, that is until after my second visit I cancelled everything after and had the OBC refunded.  The staff were, IMO, the most phony sales like I have dealt with and don't even get me started how they lectured me about tipping.  Thankfully everything else about the cruise was near perfect, esp ALL of the other staff.  

You can purchase on the ship.  Wait until you get there to tour it.  My husband purchased it (we had a lot of onboard credit), and he went three times.  It’s not as peaceful or as blocked off as on the S class (name?) ships.  Frankly, the Solarium, to me, has a nicer ambiance.  We have always booked Aqua, and as an amenity, the Persian Gardens was worth it.  But paying extra is another issue.  When I toured, I could immediately see that it wouldn’t be worth the price for me.  We were in Retreat, so we had access to a nice lounge and sun deck.  But if we were in another balcony room, I still wouldn’t purchase it. Hubby liked it but said he wouldn’t purchase it again.  Everyone’s opinion is different, hence my recommendation to wait til onboard.  If you do a spa treatment, I recommend Charo. 

We had this area included in AQ Class on EDGE.. It was okay but S Class space is much nicer in our opinion and we preferred some of the rooms....  Heated lounge area on EDGE was narrow and often very sunny.

On our cruise on BEYOND we did not have AQ class but I used the Relaxation Room before  my spa treatments,, It was nice and quiet and not too sunny.  Guess it  depends on ship position, time of day and who comes in to RELAX!

Mostly a waiting room.. We found that on S class ships too many non  AQ class/ spa guests sneak in  and use it as a yaking  lounge!

These areas are a big miss for Celebrity as they lack a T pool of any kind,  The had them on Mercury Century,..they were excellent.  Still offered on Princess..QM 2 had a great area overall...

We will be back in AQ Class on Ascent..hoping for a few tweaks???

i also recall nice  dry saunas on some ships in the locker room..no extra charge but  they are probably long gine?  Does anyone know?

And on M class the PG area is interior...it's been awhile but I recall heated circular bench.,not loungers,,

2 hours ago, hcat said:

i also recall nice  dry saunas on some ships in the locker room..no extra charge but  they are probably long gine?  Does anyone know?

And on M class the PG area is interior...it's been awhile but I recall heated circular bench.,not loungers,,

E-class ships no longer have a sauna in the spa locker rooms. All heated rooms are in the Thermal suite itself. 

16 hours ago, Pinboy said:

A few comments plus a question :

Comments:

We have only been on S Class ships ( Persian Gardens ) and noticed 2 signs:

" 20 minutes on the tile loungers "--- " Quiet Area "

Very few people observed the signs as they were sleeping ( some snoring ) or reading books.

Also, there was a lot of "typical" cruise chit chat not observing the " Quiet Area " sign----

" Where ya from"-- How many cruises ya taken "--" How d'ya like the food, the entertainment, etc "--- 

Overall, for the most part the Persian Gardens is enjoyable depending on the time you go there, and , who's there. 

Question :

On the E Class ships , is there access to a dry sauna ,showers, and lockers in the Mens/Ladies washrooms outside the Thermal Spa as there is on the S class ships outside the Persian Gardens?

And there are also  those that are playing games on their tablets with the sound effects on, doing FaceTime chats, making phone calls, or watching a video with the sound on.   One time there was a female with long nails that was using the keyboard on her tablet.   It was bad enough that there was a loud tapping that her nails made but she also had the sound turned up and on for every key stroke.  

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I used the thermal spa twice while on Beyond. Once on a sea day and once on a port day.

I would recommend going on a port day or at a time when it is quieter. The sea day wasn't super busy as I had no issues getting spots but I had a couple that kept talking, I'd even switch rooms and they followed to the next room still talking while I was trying to relax

15 minutes ago, miched said:

And there are also  those that are playing games on their tablets with the sound effects on, doing FaceTime chats, making phone calls, or watching a video with the sound on.   One time there was a female with long nails that was using the keyboard on her tablet.   It was bad enough that there was a loud tapping that her nails made but she also had the sound turned up and on for every key stroke.  

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We could turn this into a thread ( " Spa Etiquette " ).

LOL--- I just thought of the worst " spa etiquette " I encountered in the Persian Gardens.

There I was, sitting in the sauna, and a lady came in-- very pretty, much younger than Pinboy.

Soon enough she struck up a conversation and asked ( " Are you travelling alone " ) ?

Geez--- didn't she read the " Quiet Area " sign ? 

( I think she thought my Rolex was real ).

• Haha 2