from C&A - Redesigned, New, and Fresh Program Gifts and Onboard Amenities are coming in 2023

54 minutes ago, orville99 said:

One post restart perk that seems to have disappeared from the onboard Pin perks is the $25/pp restaurant voucher. We had those on our October cruises but they were missing on our December cruise. We were on Jewel in December, so that may be why they disappeared.

The perk did NOT disappear.  It is ONLY for ships with a coastal kitchen.  The perk compensates for the CK dinner reservation limitations.  Jewel has NO ck, therefore no need for the compensation benefit.  

M

20 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

They have ONLY been for ships with Coastal Kitchen, which are Oasis class and Quantum class ships.  They are meant to compensate for cruises when CK is inaccessible to Pinnacles.

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The perk did NOT disappear.  It is ONLY for ships with a coastal kitchen.  The perk compensates for the CK dinner reservation limitations.  Jewel has NO ck, therefore no need for the compensation benefit.  

M

If either of you had actually read the last line of my post before you pounced, you would have seen that is exactly what I said. BTW, there are numerous threads from earlier this year that reported that perk on non-CK ships.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

No monthly news letter.  Over 350.   I don’t get any sales emails and have asked more then once to be included.  

I don't get a monthly newsletter and did not know that there was one and also and I'm at 425.  However, I do get individual announcements e.g.; recent drink vouchers time changes and D+ exclusion from the CL.  

I do get a ton of notices as my sail gets closer to the embarkation date.

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If either of you had actually read the last line of my post before you pounced, you would have seen that is exactly what I said. BTW, there are numerous threads from earlier this year that reported that perk on non-CK ships.

I did read your post.   You said it was missing from your December cruise and you wrote that it was "a  perk that seems to have disappeared"  since you had it in October but not in December.    You were not  sure why the perk was not on Jewel.   So, a few fellow CC's let you know it is not offered on all ships. 

I don't know  of any NON  CK  ship that offers the perk.  Can you elaborate?  I've sailed quite a few since the return to sailing and never expected, nor received the benefit as it is clearly for specific classes of ships.  I don't recall  reading that other ships had offered the perks but anything is possible.

M

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

You used to get little bottles of wine at Diamond but that was quietly dropped a few years back. Now it’s beer or soda. If you don’t pick anything then you just get random amounts of water left. 

At times…very RANDOM.  On one cruise this year, we entered our stateroom to find 6 cans of water which we typically get.  Then,  at the base of the dresser, on the side, we found a case of 24.  Go figure.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

One post restart perk that seems to have disappeared from the onboard Pin perks is the $25/pp restaurant voucher. We had those on our October cruises but they were missing on our December cruise. We were on Jewel in December, so that may be why they disappeared.

I thought we got those due to being kicked out of CK on ships that have them?   I kept forgetting to use them...but did snag two of them to use.  Did not realize we got those on the smaller ships?

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Did not realize we got those on the smaller ships?

Have no personal experience on the smaller ships in 2022, and didn’t even look at the letter in our stateroom on our July B3B since we didn’t like either of the two specialty restaurants, but there were quite a few reports earlier this year that Pins were receiving that perk even on smaller ships. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thought we got those due to being kicked out of CK on ships that have them?   I kept forgetting to use them...but did snag two of them to use.  Did not realize we got those on the smaller ships?

Not offered as a benefit on ships that don't have a CK.

M

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Have no personal experience on the smaller ships in 2022, and didn’t even look at the letter in our stateroom on our July B3B since we didn’t like either of the two specialty restaurants, but there were quite a few reports earlier this year that Pins were receiving that perk even on smaller ships. 

Huh...drats.   I should have checked it out on Serenade we just disembarked from.   

Like you, seems I have not been on the smaller ships lately, though I have quite a few coming up in the next few months.  One thing we do take advantage of on the smaller ships...Chops for breakfast...yum!  😋

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Not offered as a benefit on ships that don't have a CK.

M

Thanks...and is what I assumed also.  Have spent too much time dwelling on the large ladies the last couple of years.  It was good to downsize to a smaller ship this month.   Refreshing change of pace.  ☺️

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Huh...drats.   I should have checked it out on Serenade we just disembarked from.   

Like you, seems I have not been on the smaller ships lately, though I have quite a few coming up in the next few months.  One thing we do take advantage of on the smaller ships...Chops for breakfast...yum!  😋

What is so yummy about Chop's for breakfast.

On recent Oasis sail, I was looking forward to lunch with Officers, but was quite disappointed this time around.  Ordered the NY strip and it was so chewy, that I barely ate it.  However, did enjoyed the dessert.

9 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On Jewel last week they were making eggs Benedict every morning in the WJ, and had three different planks of smoked salmon (regular, Beet, and Squid ink), so we only had breakfast twice. It is really nice to have breakfast there on departure morning, and on mornings when there is an early morning port stop.

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...and is what I assumed also.  Have spent too much time dwelling on the large ladies the last couple of years.  It was good to downsize to a smaller ship this month.   Refreshing change of pace.  ☺️

When. We do smaller ships with no CK, we usually book full suites, so we order in suite quite a lot.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nelblu said:

On recent Oasis sail, I was looking forward to lunch with Officers, but was quite disappointed this time around.  Ordered the NY strip and it was so chewy, that I barely ate it.  However, did enjoyed the dessert.

We have been impressed with quality of food at our Cheers with Officer lunches on recent cruises on both Jewel and Wonder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Have you tried Chops for breakfast?

12 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Things are revamped all the time, that doesn't mean it isn't working; i means that they need to keep things fresh for "the regulars"

I can't think of a single loyalty program that I am a part of that garners 100% blind loyalty from me, I do not believe that is a legitimate purpose of a loyalty program. For me the program is a little reward for me when I return, but won't keep me from cruising another line, or flying another airline, or staying at a different hotel brand on occasion.

Don't feel you are being "destroyed"; that's a terrible feeling to experience anytime let alone during the holidays.  Nothing more here than a spirited discussion amongst mostly complete strangers.

Cruise, live life to the fullest, enjoy your time wherever it may be, and never hold back on your opinion.

Merry Christmas

In other travel fields, air and hotel for instance, loyalty is blind with business travelers. Probably because they aren't footing bill and it's most lucrative to stick eith one family of points. Now those two often have multiple brands that work together. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

If Royal had a “Pinnacle” phone number like AA’s Executive Platinum desk, it would endear me to RCCL even more.

Cruiseline front line agents and even TAs are among the worst in travel.  

Honestly don't need a Pinnacle number. My super duper TA has all the contacts I could ever want, and I don't deal with it.

Heck, he even called me up the other day with a credit I didn't even know I had.

Now, he can't fix my wine gifts, but I'll just have the LA do that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I hit an additional Pinnacle milestone so naturally it is number for a block. I asked the LA about it.  She said it was coming that night.  It was never delivered.     We were B2B and asked her again the second week and finally got it the last evening.  

I know they tried to eliminate the block program and wonder of that will be revamped too.  70 points happens quickly for many, especially with double points. 

M

I qualify for 7 blox on world cruise🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I did read your post.   You said it was missing from your December cruise and you wrote that it was "a  perk that seems to have disappeared"  since you had it in October but not in December.    You were not  sure why the perk was not on Jewel.   So, a few fellow CC's let you know it is not offered on all ships. 

I don't know  of any NON  CK  ship that offers the perk.  Can you elaborate?  I've sailed quite a few since the return to sailing and never expected, nor received the benefit as it is clearly for specific classes of ships.  I don't recall  reading that other ships had offered the perks but anything is possible.

M

Rumor had it Indy was doing it for a while.

Manager of Playmaker's said they were doing it prior to June, but were told to stop. But it was something they decided independently not an official perk 😉

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

Possibly, but it wasn't official, and never a Pin perk. So we never lost something we never had.

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly don't need a Pinnacle number. My super duper TA has all the contacts I could ever want, and I don't deal with it.

Heck, he even called me up the other day with a credit I didn't even know I had.

Now, he can't fix my wine gifts, but I'll just have the LA do that. 

A man could use that info!

• Like 1

We were on Serenade two weeks ago and lunch with officer also had strip steak that was a let down from filet mignon which was almost always on the menu. Seems like this is a cutback that has been taken away to save money....hope it comes back soon.....

• Like 1