Diamond on Royal laundry?

Ozy71

Just now, Ozy71 said:

Been on Royal many times, but I can not remember, if Diamond members get a free laundry bag. Can anyone refresh my Memory, Please?

Had to laugh when I read this.  How wonderful to be a Diamond member which means you must have been on many cruises.  Then I remembered how excited we were when they replaced the washing machines and all passengers had free laundry until the replacements arrived.  

27 minutes ago, resordanis said:

No pressing 1/2 price, not even for Diamond +

Not that I use it but I’m sure  I got a flyer with the crown & Anchor propaganda about a discount on pressing on formal night. 

Edited by Chiliburn

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Not that I use it but I’m sure  I got a flyer with the crown & Anchor propaganda about a discount on pressing on formal night. 

Diamond members get a $10 discount on a bag of laundry.   That is each passenger in the cabin.   As we get four free drinks each decided I could afford to treat myself and get washing done.   It is surprising how much you can put in the laundry bag.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Diamond members get a $10 discount on a bag of laundry.   That is each passenger in the cabin.   As we get four free drinks each decided I could afford to treat myself and get washing done.   It is surprising how much you can put in the laundry bag.

I knew someone would correct me.

I  have never used it they say they lose some clothes, did that happen?

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You can get a few items pressed first day for around $18. We get the free bag, but haven’t used. The actual laundry prices are quite reasonable including ironing, but much prefer Princess for laundry.

Edited by resordanis

4 hours ago, resordanis said:

You can get a few items pressed first day for around $18. We get the free bag, but haven’t used. The actual laundry prices are quite reasonable including ironing, but much prefer Princess for laundry.

I think that when i can buy new cheaper than You pay to wash i must not understand what "reasonable " means ......16717207048013316634059298992455.thumb.jpg.bcc5189674fba1ce5c68222daaf01b6e.jpg

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I knew someone would correct me.

I  have never used it they say they lose some clothes, did that happen?

They haven’t lost any of our stuff..,so far.

it’s only underwear and socks etc.    nothing very expensive 

eileen

We have used the RC laundry service a number of times & never had them lose anything or any issues - they even hung my T-shirts on hangers😦. Yes, it costs but it is what it is. I don't have any item of clothing that cost $2.25 - I'm not sure you can buy a hankie for that these days??

The funniest time was when we boarded the ship in Seattle for our Alaskan cruise & handed our steward a full bag of dirty laundry - he looked at us as if we were crazy - we bring our dirty washing  on to the ship?? We had done a 10 day land tour immediately prior & you can only carry so much luggage! And we were going to be onboard for the next 32 days [B2B2B] home to Sydney

Edited by mr walker
pressed reply button to soon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1