Signifigance of upside down pineapple

Tom47

According to this article, an upside down pineapple indicates the couple participate in  "the lifestyle"(swingers).  I have been on 24 cruises and have seen straight up pineapples, indicating pinnacle status on RCI cruises, but never an upside down pineapple.    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/swinging-holidays-are-on-the-up-heres-why-7khpbdqbn

10 minutes ago, Tom47 said:

According to this article, an upside down pineapple indicates the couple participate in  "the lifestyle"(swingers).  I have been on 24 cruises and have seen straight up pineapples, indicating pinnacle status on RCI cruises, but never an upside down pineapple.    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/swinging-holidays-are-on-the-up-heres-why-7khpbdqbn

Maybe you just haven’t met any swinging pinnies?  I know people who just like the tropical nature of pineapple and use it as a cute motif—no signaling intended. 

Edited by midwife1021
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom47 said:

You need to walk more hallways.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, BND said:

This has been the subject of several threads over the years.  I thought everyone who cruised knew it.  I avoid buying anything with pineapples on it lol.

I hadn’t heard about it up until the last year or so. My favorite backpack

is covered in pineapples in all different directions. I was gonna buy a new one but decided it’d be funnier just to let people wonder and laugh. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

I hadn’t heard about it up until the last year or so. My favorite backpack

is covered in pineapples in all different directions. I was gonna buy a new one but decided it’d be funnier just to let people wonder and laugh. 

Seems all the younger folks know about. Must be on TicTok.

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Not just the younger folks, I hear there are lots of upside-down pineapples on Holland America cruises. Those folks know how to party!🥳

We have never been on HAL.  We are also monogamous, 52 years married.    Celebrated on Allure this spring with family(50th Covid Cancelled).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Seems all the younger folks know about. Must be on TicTok.

I'm 62 and I do not use/look at TikTok, ever.  I do, however, read all kinds of things online.  I've seen it posted on many sites, everything from FB to this site and others.   

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Not just the younger folks, I hear there are lots of upside-down pineapples on Holland America cruises. Those folks know how to party!🥳

Don't forget "The Villages" lol

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

There were a pair of pineapples upside down via magnets on a stateroom door on our floor last week.
It could have been the scenario you've indicated.... magnets not quite strong enough to keep them upright.... or a joke. Who knows... we laughed and moved on.

What happened when you went back after midnight?

You can always relate the story by stating what your friend told you.

Edited by soremekun
  • Haha 1