RCL Amex offer

cusematt4

Hi - there’s currently an Amex offer for 25000 points for a 1000 or more purchase from rcl.com

Although it says for new reservations, does anyone know if a 1000 cruise credit / gift card would trigger the promo if we’re unsure who/when we want to use this for?

thanks.

8 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi - there’s currently an Amex offer for 25000 points for a 1000 or more purchase from rcl.com

Although it says for new reservations, does anyone know if a 1000 cruise credit / gift card would trigger the promo if we’re unsure who/when we want to use this for?

thanks.

I used the offer, called my TA and just asked to make a $1,000 on a booked sailing. Got the points the next day.

Sucks though that the point values are being nerfed really bad. 25,000 used to be $250 almost anything imaginable. Now you gotta hunt and peck to get this level of cash equivalency. I'm really disappointed in my choices. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

thanks.

You can call Royal Gifts (800-722-5443) and buy $1000 [refundable] OBC.  Or just pay $1000 toward current reservation(s).

Note that it's an accumulated $1000 across multiple transactions; it does not have to be all in one transaction.

Does anyone know if I purchase a gift certificate from https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/purchase.aspx

if the charge would come from Royal caribbean for the Amex offer to likely trigger?

Also, can a gift certificate be used for me or a family member and decided in later if we may want to split it for a room for a shorter cruise or if we are unsure who among us will cruise next?

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

You can call Royal Gifts (800-722-5443) and buy $1000 [refundable] OBC.  Or just pay $1000 toward current reservation(s).

Note that it's an accumulated $1000 across multiple transactions; it does not have to be all in one transaction.

This is great.  I have 4 cards on my account and have a b2b at the end of January. 

Does anyone know if I purchase a gift certificate from https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/purchase.aspx

if the charge would come from Royal caribbean for the Amex offer to likely trigger?

Also, can a gift certificate be used for me or a family member and decided in later if we may want to split it for a room for a shorter cruise or if we are unsure who among us will cruise next?

20 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Same here .  Sometimes we all don't get the deals 

I read that if you “add to card” travel-related offers you are more likely to get them in future. For example, I added NCL offer, even though I won’t be sailing them. Worth a try. 

Edited by librarylady19

On 12/28/2022 at 12:46 PM, robmtx said:

I used the offer, called my TA and just asked to make a $1,000 on a booked sailing. Got the points the next day.

Sucks though that the point values are being nerfed really bad. 25,000 used to be $250 almost anything imaginable. Now you gotta hunt and peck to get this level of cash equivalency. I'm really disappointed in my choices. 

Respectfully disagree. If you use your points for flights, especially if you transfer them to an airline when Amex has a bonus offer and book business class, you get tremendous value. Points gurus value Amex points at around 2 cents each. For example, I booked Iberia business  class one way from ORD to MAD via BA with 34K Avios points for TA next year. 

Edited by librarylady19