When can you get cabin set up?

jsf

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nooooo...really???!!   😄 😛

Yep! Found it under your account after you pointed out my post.  Believe it or not, I do not read everything you post AND I would bet a majority of threads include duplicate thoughts/theories. Let it be known far and wide to all CC members that Island Girl said "default" first in this thread. 

Requested separate beds on past 3 cruises ahead of time. The 1st beds were together, but the last 2 they were apart so it works sometimes.  If I am not asked, I request ahead of time myself.  As others have suggested, notes on the bed work well when it does not.  As for the change in service of the rooms to once a day, I am hoping the room steward will check on embarkation day at least to see if the room is set up as needed, or for extra towels or whatever you might need.  I guess we will find out.  I cruise with my sister on Radiance 1/30/23 out of Galveston and cannot wait.  Enjoy your cruises all!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I can see this being a huge problem when they switch to once-a-day service.  The before you moved in clean would count as the clean for that day, so they wouldn't be back that day.  

Regardless the steward will always come around, make sure your luggage has arrived, introduce themselves and ask if there is anything you need. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robmtx said:

We bring a pre-printed note introducing ourselves and listing a couple of requests. Seems to work well and they don't need Sherlock Holmes to decipher my hand-writing.

I like this idea. Just wondering what requests you make - maybe another gem in there.

16 hours ago, island lady said:

I was just asked that by the phone rep while doing some changes on an existing cruise a few days ago.  The phone rep can still do those requests.  Just have to call.  

Having that request done in advance helps the cabin attendant not to have to make the bed twice during busy TAD.  

We have had zero, success at this. None. Never. Waste of effort. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

Good luck getting someone at Guest Services to answer the phone, especially on boarding day. 

Or for the message to actually get to your steward.  Better to skip the middleman and request the bed configuration want from the steward, either face to face or with a note left in your cabin (assuming twice-a-day service).

In December my friend of 50 years and I (after getting a note from my wife) decided to take a one week cruise to the Mexican Riviera.  We live on different coasts. When booking I specifically requested separate beds. When we arrived at the room the beds were in (as I find out reading this thread) default position.   When Stewart came to introduce himself I told him of the error.  He said he would fix it in the evening.  When we returned from dinner and show, it was as requested, alleviating our worst fears.  It was my 50th cruise and in a lot of ways, my best.  

IMG_7406.jpg

23 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Yep! Found it under your account after you pointed out my post.  Believe it or not, I do not read everything you post AND I would bet a majority of threads include duplicate thoughts/theories. Let it be known far and wide to all CC members that Island Girl said "default" first in this thread. 

First of all...I was joking. 

Second...I have not been a "girl" in a very long time.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mikefromny said:

I like this idea. Just wondering what requests you make - maybe another gem in there.

Good idea about the preprinted note. We've been using hand-written post-it notes.

Here are our standard requests for every cruise:

1. Fresh bucket of ice twice daily

2. Two robes 

3. An extra sheet to cover the couch (who knows what's been on there)

4. One extra towel daily (Sallie likes an extra one for her hair)

We've never had a problem with these requests. We used to ask the steward to empty the refrigerator of the "bar" items, but we don't have to do that anymore since they no longer stock it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Good idea about the preprinted note. We've been using hand-written post-it notes.

2. Two robes 

We've never had a problem with these requests. We used to ask the steward to empty the refrigerator of the "bar" items, but we don't have to do that anymore since they no longer stock it.

Like 3 & 4. We also have the comforters removed, beds separated and only a light blanket between 2 sheets on beds. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

2. Two robes 

That is a good idea about the couch.  I think from now on I will put a pool towel on the couch...eeww.  

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 10:03 AM, island lady said:

Me as well.  Half the time we don't see our cabin attendant until after our early dinner.   I leave notes on the bed on several occasions.  Most recently...TV decided to die an early death.  😮 

Some ships were using a card to fill out. Had other info like ice as well. Been a while

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Can even the interior cabins get robes?    

Robes are available for Crown & Anchor members Platinum and above. You have to request them. If you are average size and above, forget it. They're all small. (at least that's what we've seen)... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Robes are available for Crown & Anchor members Platinum and above. You have to request them. If you are average size and above, forget it. They're all small. (at least that's what we've seen)... 

It's weird when we get some with long sleeves...some with short sleeves...some pure cotton (and usually quite worn out).   I prefer the poly/cotton blend robes...much more cozy...but I take whatever they give us.  

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:07 PM, island lady said:

It's weird when we get some with long sleeves...some with short sleeves...some pure cotton (and usually quite worn out).   I prefer the poly/cotton blend robes...much more cozy...but I take whatever they give us.  

Never seen the short sleeves! That would be weird!

Yep. Never turned them down either....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Never seen the short sleeves! That would be weird!

Yep. Never turned them down either....

Yeah, Bucky who is always cold, loves to don those robes as an overcoat while relaxing in the cabin.  He found his to have short sleeves...first I have seen those.  I traded with him for my overly long sleeve robe.  😉