Barcelona Hotels

joehick

This past August we stayed both pre- and post-cruise at the H10 Catalunya Plaza...and we've booked it again for pre- and post-cruise this coming April...Very nice little hotel right on the Placa Catalunya...you simply cannot beat the location! Breakfast (included when booking on their website) was OUTSTANDING.

https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-catalunya-plaza?tc_alt=87113&n_okw=h10 catalunya plaza_b__c_104201078872&gclid=CjwKCAiA76-dBhByEiwAA0_s9WygKt9YVbx_uyEhfuOxJbe09ZfU4yajX8SUjfh0jl2KnxrTZi6IrRoCrA8QAvD_BwE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 12/28/2022 at 6:38 PM, joehick said:

Have stayed at the Hotel Jazz before and liked it, but it has no availability in Sept. 

Any suggestions??

Funny that you say that, I emailed the hotel for November 3 days ago and they have not even answered me yet.  I wonder if there is something going on there.

19 hours ago, nikel said:

Funny that you say that, I emailed the hotel for November 3 days ago and they have not even answered me yet.  I wonder if there is something going on there.

40 minutes ago, joehick said:

They are taking reservations up until the end of Aug, but I'm surprised they haven't answered you. Let me know if they reply??

I've just made a mock reservation on their site for November 3rd, 2023 for 2 nights, no problem at all --

https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/

We stayed in a Superior room. The rate for the above is 192 Euro, including an excellent b'fast and free cancellation.

On 12/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, dani negreanu said:

I've just made a mock reservation on their site for November 3rd, 2023 for 2 nights, no problem at all --

https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/

We stayed in a Superior room. The rate for the above is 192 Euro, including an excellent b'fast and free cancellation.

Thanks, just got a reservation in a superior for 3 nights with breakfast.  For some reason my laptop did not recognize the booking site for the hotel, but when I switched to Mac computer it worked.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy! There is a very good Asian restaurant right and right around the corner, where we ate a nice Ramen when it was too hot to go far...

Love Aisan food, do you remember the name of the restaurant?

We are on the Holland America Spanish Farewell cruise November 1, 2023.  Came to the message boards for info where to stay  in Barcelona. Thanks for all the input. Years ago, we stayed at the H10 Catalunya Plaza Hotel across the plaza where the Aerobus picks-up and drops-off. Small room, but adequate for our short stay. Staff very nice. Will get larger room if we stay again. The Jazz looks very nice, we will consider staying there.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, Bruin Steve said:

This past August we stayed both pre- and post-cruise at the H10 Catalunya Plaza...and we've booked it again for pre- and post-cruise this coming April...Very nice little hotel right on the Placa Catalunya...you simply cannot beat the location! Breakfast (included when booking on their website) was OUTSTANDING.

https://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-catalunya-plaza?tc_alt=87113&n_okw=h10 catalunya plaza_b__c_104201078872&gclid=CjwKCAiA76-dBhByEiwAA0_s9WygKt9YVbx_uyEhfuOxJbe09ZfU4yajX8SUjfh0jl2KnxrTZi6IrRoCrA8QAvD_BwE

Thanks, Bruin Steve.  After reading your post we contacted the H10 Catalunya and asked if we would be able to arrange car service to and from the airport after our April cruise.  It looks like we will be staying there and I will make sure to book the room through their website as you suggested.  

Hello. We are going on a Western European Cruise.  Starting in Barcelona and ending in Rome.
We plan to go a couple of days early and were wondering about hotel recommendations in Barcelona?

Also wondering about the conclusion of the cruise in Rome. What time is the best flight time to head home to Chicago?