Barcelona Hotels

joehick

We always stay at the Hilton Diagonal Mar. It’s not in the Ramblas area which, for a while, was considered less safe. But it is on the subway and hop-on/Hop-off bus lines. Pre-pandemic it had a great executive lounge. We like it because there is a mall across the street with lots of restaurants and….. shopping! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Continental on Las Ramblas 

Yes I agree >

In middle of everything .

Stay at Hotel Continental in a balcony overlooking Las Ramblas . 

Morning coffee and evening happy hour and late night cap on balcony.

24/7 free deli ,breakfast, lunch, dinner items.

Free Beer wine ice cream coffee . 

Security .

Sitting areas for meeting other cruisers .

This is a cruisers hotel . 

One half block from major transportation center to entire city .  

Edited by ssb
  • Like 4

We were on the Wonder in September and spent two days pre-cruise at the Kimpton Epic and two days post there as well.  The location is excellent, very walkable and close to many sites.  We were able to walk or use the hop on hop off bus to get to everything we needed.  It was nice to not be directly on Las Ramblas but be very close.  There is a nightly happy hour, bikes available for use.  And we had an excellent massage and facial.  We had a wonderful time in Barcelona as Canadians, everyone we met was warm and friendly.  We met locals, expats, and international visitors during our stay.  We avoided restaurants and bars on the main streets/tourist traps and found some highly rated and hidden gems that I'm happy to recommend. 

• Like 2

We have stayed at both the Lleo, which is near the Rambla, and the Ibis Sagrada Familia, which is near its namesake. The latter is a decent budget chain and we've stayed there twice now.

Would stay at either again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RG306 said:

We were on the Wonder in September and spent two days pre-cruise at the Kimpton Epic and two days post there as well.  The location is excellent, very walkable and close to many sites.  We were able to walk or use the hop on hop off bus to get to everything we needed.  It was nice to not be directly on Las Ramblas but be very close.  There is a nightly happy hour, bikes available for use.  And we had an excellent massage and facial.  We had a wonderful time in Barcelona as Canadians, everyone we met was warm and friendly.  We met locals, expats, and international visitors during our stay.  We avoided restaurants and bars on the main streets/tourist traps and found some highly rated and hidden gems that I'm happy to recommend. 

Would love to hear your restaurant recommendations.  Thank you.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, texasstar said:

Would love to hear your restaurant recommendations.  Thank you.

Viana (on Carrer del Vidre) and Rao were both excellent and cannot be missed. Rao is a creative take on tapas. There was not a single thing we had that was not delicious. There's also a really great drink emporium next door that was lovely if interested in pre or post cocktails 🙂. Viana has a phenomenal tasting menu or you can chose items off the menu. The service, the food, the drinks, all it impeccable. Reservations are a must since both are small restaurants. 

http://raobcn.com/

https://www.vianabcn.com/es/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2022 at 4:49 PM, dani negreanu said:

I've just made a mock reservation on their site for November 3rd, 2023 for 2 nights, no problem at all --

https://www.hoteljazz.com/en/

We stayed in a Superior room. The rate for the above is 192 Euro, including an excellent b'fast and free cancellation.

we were looking at hotel Jazz for September as well, they are requiring a 3 nt minimum for high season.

13 hours ago, Zeta3 said:

we were looking at hotel Jazz for September as well, they are requiring a 3 nt minimum for high season.

My advice is to contact them directly.... hjazz at nnhotels dot com

I've originally booked one Thursday to Friday night for mid-June [I should think it can be also considered "high season"]. Then, one month after, our airline cancelled our Friday morning flight home, leaving us no choice but to remain 2 additional nights there (our airline doesn't fly on Saturdays/Shabbat.........).

I immediately emailed Jazz, explaining the situation, and asking for another 2 nights. Meanwhile, the rate has gone up...

They were super gracious, added the 2 nights, and also noted that they let us have the 3 nights for the same rate as the original one night rate.

Might worth the try, I've found them (when I recommended to friends/family) very helpful and responsive.

Good luck!!

4 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

Rg, is that the Kimpton Vivadora?

It is.  I realize now I wrote epic in my post as I was booking another trip out of Miami and that was on my mind LOL. the vividora is the the barcelona Kimpton and very good 🙂

Edited by RG306
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 12:33 AM, sunlover5 said:

We booked the hotel jazz for 3 nights superior room yesterday. Looks nice. Now the fun begins researching ports!  
Do you use Celebrity air or book on your own?

I was wondering how far airport is to cruise port????

5-10min taxi ride from hotel Jazz to port. Reception will phone for your taxi. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:52 AM, Fanpower said:

We are on the Holland America Spanish Farewell cruise November 1, 2023.  Came to the message boards for info where to stay  in Barcelona. Thanks for all the input. Years ago, we stayed at the H10 Catalunya Plaza Hotel across the plaza where the Aerobus picks-up and drops-off. Small room, but adequate for our short stay. Staff very nice. Will get larger room if we stay again. The Jazz looks very nice, we will consider staying there.

Was the standard room too small for two people for four nights? That's what's holding me back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Which Hilton? 

I don’t know which of the Hiltons mskaufman stayed at, but we’ve stayed at the Hilton on Diagonal in the Financial District—a good location for business, but I do not consider it a good location for tourists.  I would stay near the Placa Catalunya whenever possible- walking distanc3 to most of what you’ll want to see.

1 hour ago, lovetotraveltx said:

Was the standard room too small for two people for four nights? That's what's holding me back

The first time we stayed at the H10 Catalunya Plaza, it was a standard double—a bit small but reasonably decent.  The next visit, we upgraded a level and room was a bit better (and fewer stairs within the room).  The first room had stairs between the bed area and the bathroom- which bothered m6 wife.  Personally, I’d be okay with either room…even for multiple nights.  We were there two nights rhe first time, three the second.

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1