• King-sized bed**
  • Exclusive eXhale® bedding
  • Plentiful storage space
  • Spacious sitting area with sofa
  • Enhanced air filtration system

*Additional charges apply
† $9.95 service fee and 18% gratuity may apply
**Bed as large or larger than average standard international king-size bed

Yup, they tout the expanded menu and then say they are going to charge $9.95+ for the privilege! Really?!!! Considering the outrageous fares they are currently charging for Aqua they have one large nerve!!!🤬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just spoke with the Executive Office at X to voice my displeasure with this. Not as much that it has been imposed (although I AM miffed about it), but rather the lack of transparency, that we have not been notified about the recent changes. 

I was told that yes, indeed, the change is effective Dec 30, 2022 and they are doing so to "keep up with the other cruise lines". I suggested that X didn't need to "keep up" with the other mass cruise lines.....that this just puts them in the same category of Carnival, etal in that they are now charging premium prices only to nickel and dime their customers.

BUT, she specifically told me that the room service fee would NOT be charged for breakfast (granted we are in an Aqua cabin, so other cabins might still be charged). 

I did express my disappointment with all the recent changes and she said management "was listening" to their customers. At this point all I can suggest is that we flood them with emails saying how disappointed we are and hope they truly are listening!

ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

BUT, she specifically told me that the room service fee would NOT be charged for breakfast

You either didn't hear her say the word "continental" before "breakfast" or forgot to type it in your post.

Just now, RichYak said:

You either didn't hear her say the word "continental" before "breakfast" or forgot to type it in your post.

I did not forget, and I asked several times. I can check again, but she clearly said "breakfast is excluded from the fee"

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I did not forget, and I asked several times. I can check again, but she clearly said "breakfast is excluded from the fee"

Only continental breakfast is excluded from the fee. Order any other items and the fee will apply.

3 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Consistent inconsistency by Celebrity.   My app clearly says AQ Room Services - continental breakfast is complimentary.  All other orders are $9.95 service charge plus gratuity. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Consistent inconsistency by Celebrity.   My app clearly says AQ Room Services - continental breakfast is complimentary.  All other orders are $9.95 service charge plus gratuity. 

Yes, you are correct.....consistent inconsistency......my app is still showing room service is free during the day and $4.95 at night!

death by 1,000 cuts

A5BAD951-A879-49A4-9DE6-416B737EAF0B.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Yes, you are correct.....consistent inconsistency......my app is still showing room service is free during the day and $4.95 at night!

death by 1,000 cuts

Wow that is crazy! 

When are you sailing?  

26 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

death by 1,000 cuts

Unless your sailing is in the next day or two, this is likely just the fact that the app is not very accurate until closer to your sailing. That’s true of menus, activities, hours, etc.

If they put kettles and coffee makers in the room wouldn't that cut down on room service requests?  I understand they do so for UK based cruises, so why not for all cruises?  I have also heard reports you can get a kettle in your room upon request but have never asked.  I would love the ability to make my own tea/coffee when I first get up in the morning. 

• Like 2

This is a big problem for me.

Like, big enough that I would like to cancel my cruise.

We order room service quite often when traveling with our kids; they don't always have the patience for a drawn-out MDR dinner, and sometimes after a long day of excursions or swimming, some salmon, broccoli, and potatoes while watching a movie is just what they need.

I actually asked my 8 year old the other day what he was looking forward to the most on our upcoming cruise and his answer was 'room service'.  

I just made final payment a couple of weeks ago; my app still shows it as complimentary.  Everyone enjoys different parts of cruising but for us, when we go as a family, room service is actually a big part of the enjoyment for our kids (and by extension, us.)  

What recourse do I have?

• Like 1

@the_dylaness

I can totally understand, room service WAS included when you booked and you count it as part of your cruising experience. 

My suggestion, not that it will help any....is to call or email celebrity executives and explain how this impacts you. That this decision IS a deal breaker for you. Maybe they will get the hint if enough people complain.

Fingers crossed for you (and us)!

7 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

@the_dylaness

I can totally understand, room service WAS included when you booked and you count it as part of your cruising experience. 

My suggestion, not that it will help any....is to call or email celebrity executives and explain how this impacts you. That this decision IS a deal breaker for you. Maybe they will get the hint if enough people complain.

Fingers crossed for you (and us)!

Yes, as minor as it may seem to many, this is a deal breaker for us.  I have emailed the engagement center and the executive office just now.

13 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Yes, as minor as it may seem to many, this is a deal breaker for us.  I have emailed the engagement center and the executive office just now.

You should state your case as you've done here and firmly ask for OBC to cover these new fees.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

If they put kettles and coffee makers in the room wouldn't that cut down on room service requests?  I understand they do so for UK based cruises, so why not for all cruises?  I have also heard reports you can get a kettle in your room upon request but have never asked.  I would love the ability to make my own tea/coffee when I first get up in the morning. 

I requested a kettle from my room steward. It was no problem whatsoever.

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

This is a big problem for me.

Like, big enough that I would like to cancel my cruise.

I just made final payment a couple of weeks ago; my app still shows it as complimentary.  Everyone enjoys different parts of cruising but for us, when we go as a family, room service is actually a big part of the enjoyment for our kids (and by extension, us.)  

What recourse do I have?

Your recourse would be to cancel your cruise, or pay $9.95 + 18% each time you order room service.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Thanks 1

Even though I don't personally have to pay the $9.95 for room service, the changes afoot in OVC and MDR menus have me considering eating a few $100 deposits for 2023/4/5.  Not sure I'm willing to lower my expectations any further.  And I've relayed this to management.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com

Thank you.  Sending an email.  Probably won't do any good, but at least I feel I'll be doing my part rather than just complaining on CC. 

34 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Not cancellable s/p final payment as far as I am aware... feels a little bait and switch-y.

Oh, it's cancellable, you'd just lose money.  As far as "Bait & Switch", that has a specific legal definition, and is illegal, and I can promise you this is not it.  Your agreement with Celebrity did include cancellation penalties, and did not include a promise of included room service.

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Oh, it's cancellable, you'd just lose money.  As far as "Bait & Switch", that has a specific legal definition, and is illegal, and I can promise you this is not it.  Your agreement with Celebrity did include cancellation penalties, and did not include a promise of included room service.

Harris

Denver, CO

And when you signed the legal agreement for accepting it… you did sign an agreement, correct?

Truly:  call your credit card company.  Show them you booked with x offering and it is now -x.  They changed the offer.  The credit card company will back you.

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 11:31 AM, jagoffee said:

Continental breakfast is fee until 11AM.

Their included "Continental breakfast" is woeful. There is virtually no protein included.

Even in Europe (the originators of the Continental breakfast), most times things like cheeses, cured meats (salami, ham) and hard boiled eggs are included. 

I hate going to the OVC or MDR for breakfast on days with early shore excursions. There is just way too much stress wondering whether I'll be able to get my food and eat it in time to meet my tour, given the crowds and slow service.  But I need to eat some protein in the morning, especially if I think lunch may be late or delayed (which it often is on long excursions).

C'mon Celebrity, don't cheap out to such an extent. Am I going to have to bring protein bars to supply my own breakfast because there is no other reasonable alternative??

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eroller said:

Thank you.  Sending an email.  Probably won't do any good, but at least I feel I'll be doing my part rather than just complaining on CC. 

I would suspect that they have been getting a larger number of e-mails over the last couple of days than they had expected.  I would go ahead and send it and see what happens.  I just sent mine.

• Like 1