New MDR menus yet?

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Steak is on the kids menu?  All I ever see on any RCI ship is hamburger, chicken fingers, grill cheese, mac and cheese, and spaghetti.  

So I went back into the app to take a screenshot of the kids menu and it is not what I previously saw. It is indeed hamburger etc.

When I looked at it yesterday it said minute steak , grilled chicken breast etc - maybe a mistake and they have rectified it now?

How and ever , I will be happy with the new menus , I think - if there is too much dissatisfaction with lack of classics I assume they will tweak it as they go along. I personally never ordered from the classics menu , though I appreciate many probably did on a regular basis.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 3:55 PM, Ret MP said:

It has been our experience that if you are in the CK, or any venue for that matter, and there is something that is being served in the MDR that you want, they will get it for you if you ask.  Of course, tip generously if that happens.  No matter where we eat, we always check what is being served in the MDR so we don't miss anything.  I actually had baklava delivered to me in the CK.   

We were in the Hibachi one night on the Symphony and my granddaughter who hates any kind of seafood, she's actually allergic to much of it, had a JR's burger, fries and shake delivered to her in the Hibachi.  I don't think the same accommodations can't/won't be made in the CK.  

Keep in mind, I/we tip often and generously.  LOL

Geez, once again you and I disagree!  We were on Harmony in Chops in July and I asked our waiter for the lobster tail that was served in the MDR on the second formal night.  I was told he couldn't do that and he sent the Chops manager over to speak with me.  

I explained that on Allure in June we were able to do that as well as get the beet salad from 150 in Chops. (Not both the lobster and beet salad on the same night as we had dinner in Chops 3X.)  I was told by the manager there was no way this was going to happen on Harmony and he was tired of hearing about how things were on Allure.  I had NEVER spoken to the manager prior so I am guessing others have told him the same thing.  

He told me it wasn't safe to transfer food from one restaurant to another, which made me wonder what was in the food that made it unsafe to go a short distance, but I just let him know how disappointed I was.

I am going on Symphony soon and asked through instant messenger if I will be able to get the lobster tail in Chops along with my Chops steak on the second formal night and was told no.  So now, at least from my experience,  RC is not allowing food from one restaurant to be served in another one. 

I guess I should go to dinner early in the MDR, get my lobster and then go late to Chops, lol.  Seriously though, I couldn't /wouldn't do that, but that seems like the solution RC is offering.

• Haha 1

Friend of mine simply goes to the MDR on lobster night due to preferring the broiled lobster tail, versus the "butter poached" in CK.  

Neither of us tries to get them to bring food in from another venue, we just go to that restaurant.   

• Like 3

On 1/7/2023 at 9:39 AM, island lady said:

So called "Pinnie Event" on Jewel right now is simply an overflow from the DL...which means all Diamonds, D+, and Pinnies eat from the same buffet in the tiny DL...having the back door open to the VCL.  

Lots of growling going on in there....like Lions to the kill.  😄  

That's how they handled it in Nov when we were on Jewel.  Didn't hear any grumbling, but they did have certain tables reserved for Pinns.  They had a separate buffet in the VCL overflow area up on the dance floor.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BND said:

That's how they handled it in Nov when we were on Jewel.  Didn't hear any grumbling, but they did have certain tables reserved for Pinns.  They had a separate buffet in the VCL overflow area up on the dance floor.  

This one has no separate happy tiser set up on the VCL stage, like they did on Serenade, just the single small one in the DL.   

Hence why the Diamond Lions are in there growling over the territorial food.  😄  I stay away, don't want to get bit.  😉 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2023 at 10:04 AM, island lady said:

I have just recently, the last few months,  discovered the Vegan menu (thank you app!)....which is never printed on the MDR menus.   Not that I am a Vegan...but I have found a few things that were pretty good, and fun to try something new.  🙂 

And something that Bucky does not have to roll his eyes up and go "eww" at if I were to "try this at home".  😉   

I always look at the Vegan menu, as you said, they have some interesting items.  I have found several of them to be very good.   the melon and avocado salad especially.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

This one has no separate happy tiser set up on the VCL stage, like they did on Serenade, just the single small one in the DL.   

Hence why the Diamond Lions are in there growling over the territorial food.  😄  I stay away, don't want to get bit.  😉 

Well, we rarely saw anyone using the one on the dance floor area.  Everyone went into the DL.  I honestly don't care as long as they keep it stocked, which they were really good at.

3 minutes ago, imola said:

I always look at the Vegan menu, as you said, they have some interesting items.  I have found several of them to be very good.   the melon and avocado salad especially.

Mmm...thanks....will have to try that!  🙂  

Going to try the Vegan Pasta tonight (made with Cauliflower).   Always up to trying something new.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

Mmm...thanks....will have to try that!  🙂  

Going to try the Vegan Pasta tonight (made with Cauliflower).   Always up to trying something new.  😉 

Keep us posted on what you find is really good.  Enjoy your cruise to the max.

• Like 1

Other than the cheapening of the beef dishes, my biggest complaint is the lack of Classics appetizers every night. That was our go to section. 

This is a typical “ to enhance your experience “ cut. Pre-pandemic they could serve an Oasis-size ship every night. Efficiently and in a timely manner. Someone lost that playbook, I guess. 

The cuts are one thing, but don’t mischaracterize why you are doing it. It does nothing to “enhance my experience”. 

Their “sister” is doing similar things —- the Celebrity board first page is almost all complaints about room service charges and severely limited buffet for dinner. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

2 hours ago, katiel53 said:

Geez, once again you and I disagree!  We were on Harmony in Chops in July and I asked our waiter for the lobster tail that was served in the MDR on the second formal night.  I was told he couldn't do that and he sent the Chops manager over to speak with me.  

I explained that on Allure in June we were able to do that as well as get the beet salad from 150 in Chops. (Not both the lobster and beet salad on the same night as we had dinner in Chops 3X.)  I was told by the manager there was no way this was going to happen on Harmony and he was tired of hearing about how things were on Allure.  I had NEVER spoken to the manager prior so I am guessing others have told him the same thing.  

He told me it wasn't safe to transfer food from one restaurant to another, which made me wonder what was in the food that made it unsafe to go a short distance, but I just let him know how disappointed I was.

I am going on Symphony soon and asked through instant messenger if I will be able to get the lobster tail in Chops along with my Chops steak on the second formal night and was told no.  So now, at least from my experience,  RC is not allowing food from one restaurant to be served in another one. 

I guess I should go to dinner early in the MDR, get my lobster and then go late to Chops, lol.  Seriously though, I couldn't /wouldn't do that, but that seems like the solution RC is offering.

Is it a disagreement or do we have differing experiences?

10 hours ago, katiel53 said:

Oasis cruise this past September: I purchased the dining plan. While dining in both Chops and while dining Giovanni’s I was told by my waiter if I wanted to order anything from any of the other restaurants, (appetizer, entree or dessert) to just let him know, it was no problem. I never even asked. I declined both times. One night I was full and declined dessert and the waiter said if it was because I didn’t like what was in their menu he’d run over to any of the other restaurants and get something from theirs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Oasis cruise this past September: I purchased the dining plan. While dining in both Chops and while dining Giovanni’s I was told by my waiter if I wanted to order anything from any of the other restaurants, (appetizer, entree or dessert) to just let him know, it was no problem. I never even asked. I declined both times. One night I was full and declined dessert and the waiter said if it was because I didn’t like what was in their menu he’d run over to any of the other restaurants and get something from theirs. 

RCI:   Really Consistently Inconsistent

• Like 1