I need help downloading the app again

I went into the app and it kept saying click here to agree to our new terms .. clicked and clicked. Wouldnt move on.

So I uninstalled the app and trying to reinstall it. Says not compatible with my tablet that I've been using. How do I work around this. 

Here is what I get when trying to reinstall the app.

20230103_153752490.jpeg

I remember a thread about this a few months ago.  Pretty sure, what was posted is that it doesn't work on some tablets.  I'm trying to remember who was on that thread, but pretty sure it was several regulars.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Search for a way to sideload the app - tablets are usually no longer supported in the app.

What does that mean, sideload it. I'm not very tech. This is a very good samsung tablet. 

Thanks for any help. I saw a deal for jan 30th and booked it .. cant get to anything. :(

the app worked fine in dec

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Find someone locally to help - it's not so simple.

Lol I cant even get the download to come up to do anything in google store

Looks like no app for me. Why would rcl make it so tablets dont work. Crazy. 

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why would RCI make it so tablets don't work?

Probably too much variation in models and staff work to make it work right on the tablet. Even if you could sideload it, that doesn't guarantee it would work right though some here reported that it does work.

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I cant even get the download to come up to do anything in google store

Looks like no app for me. Why would rcl make it so tablets dont work. Crazy. 

I started that thread.  Never was able to get it back onto my tablet.  I know nothing about sideloading it either.  I still have it on an old tablet and now on my phone.  Don't know why but now it seems it's only able to be downloaded onto phones

• Like 1

Also I still have app issues.  Even on my phone on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago nothing would show up in my calendar and I could not see my bill on the app.  It told me to go see GS and the person at the desk could not figure it out either.  Neither could the internet help desk.  They were going to call someone else but I told them not to bother.  I could see my bill on the tv

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I started that thread.  Never was able to get it back onto my tablet.  I know nothing about sideloading it either.  I still have it on an old tablet and now on my phone.  Don't know why but now it seems it's only able to be downloaded onto phones

Thanks. I just use my phone for texting and phone calls, not real comfortable with it. I use a land phone at home. Not sure how to make my cell phone download stuff. .. I tried uber and couldnt sign in. Went back to my tablet.

Well nothing I can do. I'll use whatever from the online site. If I was real tech I wouldnt be using a tablet lol. They cut off those who need it .. thanks rcl IT. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks. I just use my phone for texting and phone calls, not real comfortable with it. I use a land phone at home. Not sure how to make my cell phone download stuff. .. I tried uber and couldnt sign in. Went back to my tablet.

Well nothing I can do. I'll use whatever from the online site. If I was real tech I wouldnt be using a tablet lol. They cut off those who need it .. thanks rcl IT. 

I always seem to have some kind of issue with the AP. Not a fan

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I understand and finally got it to work.  Have a Samsung phone and tablet.  Using the Smart Switch app i transferred all the apps on my phone to my tablet. Uninstalled the ones didn't need on my tablet.  Royal app on my tablet works fine.  Hooe this helps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

I understand and finally got it to work.  Have a Samsung phone and tablet.  Using the Smart Switch app i transferred all the apps on my phone to my tablet. Uninstalled the ones didn't need on my tablet.  Royal app on my tablet works fine.  Hooe this helps.

If I learn how to use data and download on my phone I'd be all set. 

Lol there is a good reason I've been using my tablet .. I know how to use it. 

Oh well. Not much I can do sounds like. But thanks if I figure out data on my phone then I probably could use my phone lol. Hahahaha. 

Maybe they will fix it. 

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If I learn how to use data and download on my phone I'd be all set. 

Lol there is a good reason I've been using my tablet .. I know how to use it. 

Oh well. Not much I can do sounds like. But thanks if I figure out data on my phone then I probably could use my phone lol. Hahahaha. 

Maybe they will fix it. 

Don't need data.  Look for the app. Tap it and follow instructions.   

You could install a side APK, but that could bring on a whole other myriad of issues, including malware.  

Also, if you select "About This App" it will tell you the minimum requirements to run the app.  it will tell you which minimum Android version you need to run the app.  Go into your tablet settings and see if there's an update.  Install it if there's one.  This will be good for your tablet in the long run, as the system upgrades often include free features and security upgrades.  

You might want to check to see if there's enough memory to run the application on the tablet.  If there's not enough memory, you can buy more (usually up to 32 gigs or more) and install it on the tablet.

With that said, if the tablet is a few years old, it doesn't owe you anything and you may be better off upgrading.

Oh, by the way, did I mention I volunteer for Google?  Let me know if you have any issues downloading the app and I can escalate the issue.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

You could install a side APK, but that could bring on a whole other myriad of issues, including malware.  

Also, if you select "About This App" it will tell you the minimum requirements to run the app.  it will tell you which minimum Android version you need to run the app.  Go into your tablet settings and see if there's an update.  Install it if there's one.  This will be good for your tablet in the long run, as the system upgrades often include free features and security upgrades.  

You might want to check to see if there's enough memory to run the application on the tablet.  If there's not enough memory, you can buy more (usually up to 32 gigs or more) and install it on the tablet.

With that said, if the tablet is a few years old, it doesn't owe you anything and you may be better off upgrading.

Oh, by the way, did I mention I volunteer for Google?  Let me know if you have any issues downloading the app and I can escalate the issue.

This is rated as one of the top of the line samsung gaming tablets. There is no problem with memory or storage. I used this tablet on my last 13 rcl cruises since covid, including dec 4 and dec 11 allure. It worked without any issues. The problem is when I went to open it suddenly this week it says over and over to accept the new terms and wouldnt accept them so I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall it.

When I click to go install it ... there is no app shown. Below where the app is as I showed above it says not compatible with this device. This is what I see when I click to go to google play to download the app .. no app. 

20230103_211636.jpg