Live From The Dawn

Lois R

Another beautiful day here in the Carribean😀.

I am a very big sports fan and so I am quite happy today as tonight is The National Championship game and Russ (CD) told me they are showing it in The Venetian Lounge. I was not sure about it when I boarded but it is actually in today's Chronical too😀. GO DAWGS😀

And my Jags beat the Titans on Sat night too so definitely a happy cruiser here! Sat night we host the Chargers in the playoffs!!!

Oh we are in St Barts today which is a tender port. I am being quite lazy this trip. No plans today at all.......

• Like 1

I forgot about posting about my Salt experiences. I signed up for a class the and we had a lot of fun😀 I have eaten in Salt Kitchen once and enjoyed it and been to The Salt Bar muliple times. That always gets a thumbs up from me😀

• Like 5

We were in St Kitts today and are now getting ready to sail away. Next stop is Domonica and I am actually taking a short tour. Last night they had a big screen set up in the Venetian Lounge and a few folks watched Georgia demolish TCU.

Anyway, still enjoying everything😀

• Like 3

Hello from Dominica😀 went on  90 minute trolley ride around the island this afternoon. Good tour guide and and I had an enjoyable experience.

Last night was dinner in Salt and chose a steak and it was very good.It was cooked to my liking and quite tender. It was a sirloin.

Tonight is LaTerrazza and tomorrow we are in Antigua.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

It was a sirloin.

With all due respect, are you sure you had a sirloin steak?  If so, how was it prepared? I’m trying to wrap my head around how that particular cut of beef fits in the exclusive destination focused restaurant where we are supposed to taste our way through regional specialities.

Thought I posted the reply......there is always a steak and fish on the Salt menu and you can have them prepared as you like. Example, my steak was grilled like a normal steak and had fresh veggies on the side. The menu does have the Carribean flair/theme but I didn't see anything that called out my name so I chose a steak. Call me crazy😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Antigua. Sun is shining and it is lovely sitting outside The Arts Cafe which is located on deck 8 (just as a point of information).

Last night there was music trivia in The Panoroma Lounge and my team came in 2nd. It was a lot of fun and the lounge filled up! Many folks participated. I haven't gone to any shows but glad I joined in on this activity😀

• Like 1

A few items come to thought.....

Demographics of this cruise is quite different than I ever recall. Yes, there are the older group....at 64 I feel very young lol. But I have to tell you there are more families on board with small children than I can ever recall. Seems to be quite the multi generational cruise. The kids are well behaved but there are a lot more than what I ever remember on a SS cruise. 

And there is a group of about 60 on board that are part of a "Toronto Film Festival".

For those of you who know the actor Elliot Gould, he is on board being honored by this group. 

I haven't found that amount of folks impacting my sailing in a negative way, thankfully.

Just wanted to put that out there while the thoughts were there.

Doug burns, I saw your question about head of housekeeping. I will ask for you and post the answer.

• Like 2

Lois; Thanks! After hearing from the guest relations person at our travel agency I was relieved to hear that for my cruise( the TA in March ) I'm OK and considered fully vaccinated with just the single J&J shot and no antigen or PCR test required. I'm really excited except the my bride won't go. At 88 this one might be my swan song cruise. Have a great Dawn day!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

Elliot Gould is eighty four now.

I see what you mean by the older crowd.

I don't like large groups on a ship as they can take it over sometimes 

I agree but I have not found any venues being "taken over".

Hello from St Thomas. We are only here till 1:00 and then sail for the weekend arriving back in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday morning.

Had dinner last night with 5 folks I have become friendly with, 2 from England 3 from Canada. We went to LaTerrazza and I had the veal chop and it was excellent😀

I went to see the Future Cruise Consultant and discussed quite a few different itineraries with her and now I need to decide which ones to actually book. They have a long list of lower Single Supplement cruises so I have several to think about. Decisions, decisions.

• Like 6

Lois, would you mind asking your butler if Maple Joe syrup containers are available?   In short supply a couple months ago and we're boarding when you depart.   I've got a bottle packed, but if they are stocking real maple syrup, it's one less thing.  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hello from St Thomas. We are only here till 1:00 and then sail for the weekend arriving back in Ft. Lauderdale on Monday morning.

Had dinner last night with 5 folks I have become friendly with, 2 from England 3 from Canada. We went to LaTerrazza and I had the veal chop and it was excellent😀

I went to see the Future Cruise Consultant and discussed quite a few different itineraries with her and now I need to decide which ones to actually book. They have a long list of lower Single Supplement cruises so I have several to think about. Decisions, decisions.

I believe they have something called "open booking" where you get a certificate and have to decide within 6 months which cruise to book, and still get the same 5% discount?

19 hours ago, ak1004 said:

I believe they have something called "open booking" where you get a certificate and have to decide within 6 months which cruise to book, and still get the same 5% discount?

Good morning, they do have at option but after much research I have booked multiple future cruises😀. Next one up is in April out of Athens with an overnight stop in Istanbul, where I have yet to visit so am really looking forwad to it😀

Anyway, today and tomorrow are the final 2 sea days. Last night had dinner in Atlantide. Had the lamb chops

2 cooked properly, one was overdone but enjoyed my meal none the less.

Today is Saturday and the start of the NFL playoffs. My Jaguars host the Chargers and they are showing the game in the Venetian Lounge. The regular show is in Panorama and is a late start, 10:00.

GO JAGS!!!!!

• Like 3

No wonder there a lot of little kids on board, I found out there is a LARGE family of 52 on here.....they must have brought everyone. Including 3 nannies.

Oh someone asked about the internet. Starlink is supposed to be on here in May.

Still need to find out about the maple syrup. I keep forgetting to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, Lois R said:

Hi Les, I have not had any internet issues personally. But I have heard a few folks complaining about it. Maybe I am just lucky?  As for St Barts, I have been there before (been to every one on this itinerary). I am not sure I will even get off the ship yet in any of them.

Great pix's from Les for St. Barts.  Have been at that location and taken pictures as the airplanes land at that challenged/interesting airport.  YES, Lois, enjoying your postings.  Keep up the great sharing and enjoyment.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

No wonder there a lot of little kids on board, I found out there is a LARGE family of 52 on here.....they must have brought everyone. Including 3 nannies.

Oh someone asked about the internet. Starlink is supposed to be on here in May.

Still need to find out about the maple syrup. I keep forgetting to ask.

WOW!!  Who can afford to take a family of 52 on a Silversea sailing??  Including the three nannies!!  Did they win the MegaMillions Lottery big prize??  That is true "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"!

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Today is Saturday and the start of the NFL playoffs. My Jaguars host the Chargers and they are showing the game in the Venetian Lounge. The regular show is in Panorama and is a late start, 10:00.   GO JAGS!!!!!

Good luck, Lois, to your Jags!  They have made quite a dramatic turn-around compared to the recent, past terrible losing seasons.  Personally this weekend, I will be cheering for the Cincinnati Bengals with Joe Burrows as their QB leader.  Good weekend for pro football.  Glad your ship will have it on the TV screens.  

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

Good luck, Lois, to your Jags!  They have made quite a dramatic turn-around compared to the recent, past terrible losing seasons.  Personally this weekend, I will be cheering for the Cincinnati Bengals with Joe Burrows as their QB leader.  Good weekend for pro football.  Glad your ship will have it on the TV screens.  

Thanks Terry, Doug Pederson is an awesome coach😀

On 1/6/2023 at 2:38 PM, dougburns said:

Lois; If you have a chance would you mind checking to see if Kartik, the Chief of Housekeeping will be aboard for the crossing in Mar/Apr. He was our butler on several cruises and is a good friend.

Hi Doug, just found out that Kartik will be on the crossing and Paolo says hello to you😀