Live From The Dawn

Lois R

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from LoisR! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Lois R was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Good morning, I am sitting outside The Arts Cafe with a cup of tea and smoked salmon/cream cheese panini for breakfast today. 

We sailed yesterday and met 3 nice women at cocktails in Dolce Vita. We had dinner together in Atlantide along with Rebecca, who is one of the International Hostesses. Dinner was very good.

The weather is beautiful as is the ship.

Any questions, I will try and answer.😀

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I am sitting outside The Arts Cafe with a cup of tea and smoked salmon/cream cheese panini for breakfast today. 

We sailed yesterday and met 3 nice women at cocktails in Dolce Vita. We had dinner together in Atlantide along with Rebecca, who is one of the International Hostesses. Dinner was very good.

Have a great cruise Lois, how full is the ship?

8 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

Have a great cruise Lois, how full is the ship?

Hi, I was told about 540.

Last time I sailed her was in the summer when I had my leg fiasco. 

• Like 1

We sail on the Dawn in July.  This will be our first SS cruise.  I'm trying to get an understanding of the different restaurants on board so as you try each one out, I will be interested in hearing your thoughts about each.  If you are able to, it would help if you can post a picture of the menus.  Enjoy your trip.  is Jay Wolff still on board as a lecturer?  

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Sounds wonderful.  Where are you headed?

2 hours ago, jssabs said:

We sail on the Dawn in July.  This will be our first SS cruise.  I'm trying to get an understanding of the different restaurants on board so as you try each one out, I will be interested in hearing your thoughts about each.  If you are able to, it would help if you can post a picture of the menus.  Enjoy your trip.  is Jay Wolff still on board as a lecturer?  

Hi, I had a filet in Atlantide last night and it was cooked exactly as I like and was very tender.

Just had a pizza for lunch at the pizza place at the pool and it was delicious.

Sausage and mushrooms and nice and cheesy.

Can't promise you pictures of menus as I am not a picture person. But I can tell you how the food goes. So far so good😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mchell810 said:

Sounds wonderful.  Where are you headed?

Hi, headed? A bunch of different ports.

St  Thomas, San Juan, St Kitts, Antigua, Domonica, St Barts. Not sure if I am missing one or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

St  Thomas, San Juan, St Kitts, Antigua, Domonica, St Barts. Not sure if I am missing one or not.

I was just wondering if you were heading further like South America as opposed to a just Caribbean sailing.  Enjoy!

5 hours ago, jssabs said:

I on the other hand take pictures of almost anything. So we sailed on the Dawn in August. A lot of pictures of the food plus quite a few of the menus. Here it is.

Edited by drron29
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

@Lois R Hi, Lois—have a great cruise! Ellie and I both wish you a happy and cruise-filled New Year! 

We’ll be on Regent Splendor next, later this month. First time with Regent. 

I’m sure you will enjoy it, they are a class act, as is SS

• Like 1

Happy Saturday from The Arts Cafe. It is a lovely day. 

Last night we had a group of 7 for dinner in The Salt Kitchen. I had roast pork with a citrus and cumin blend of sauce with mashed plantains and fresh veggies. All quite good.

Today I am doing the Salt Lab at 2:30. Deconstructed Tamales. Will let you know how it goes

Last night was formal night and I was at bar in Dolce Vita and was people watching. I must admit, I noticed a lot of men in tuxes. Just an observation.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

They're all the same except for the T shirt sold at each port.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi, I totally forgot to post about embarkation. I got to ship about 1:00 and to my surprise I was on board before 1:30.

They had some guests already in the terminal when I  arrived and they allowed guests in wheelchairs to board first. You still had to fill out the Health form and they took your temp and asked to see your vax card. Crew and staff no longer need to wear masks.

• Like 2

9 weeks to go for my sailing. Could you ask if they fitted Starlink (not starlings lol) and if the internet is working well?

Many thanks and enjoy your cruise.

I see St Barths is one of your ports. If you haven’t done so, I recommend a walk to the top of the hill close to where you will moor and watch the small aircraft come into land.  Be sure to duck!

AFAE9DD2-2033-44D6-8A89-7F43B1F867CE.thumb.jpeg.85cbf6e85f3abbffc328d48ac1154fbb.jpeg

5541E31F-6867-4D30-806C-F09DA714296D.thumb.jpeg.635ca201d002cda7f6ce932a39033f53.jpeg

56914081-7754-473E-9B27-A87B6E09BD2B.thumb.jpeg.dfffa9d5519eb14a0ec88298b7bc7b5a.jpeg

149185C0-B53D-4768-A8CF-E8805A21F12F.thumb.jpeg.4228d70794e8114eb680cc6a6361605f.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi Les, I have not had any internet issues personally. But I have heard a few folks complaining about it. Maybe I am just lucky?

As for St Barts, I have been there before (been to every one on this itinerary). I am not sure I will even get off the ship yet in any of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

They're all the same except for the T shirt sold at each port.

Perhaps so if you get off the ship and walk around the cruise port area, then reboard.  I'm suspecting tongue in cheek here.

Wife and I have enjoyed 6-day visits to both St. Thomas and St. Kitts/Nevis.  Certainly, they were very different from one another.

Hope you have a great trip Lois!

• Thanks 1

Another beautiful day. We are in San Juan this morning. I have no plans and slept in quite late after staying up to watch my Jaguars beat the Titans😀😀😀

I had dinner with 2 really nice guys in LaTerrazza and it was very good😀..

Staff and crew have all been exceptional too. Lots of friendly faces😀

• Like 8

Lois, we are embarking Silver Dawn in less than two weeks so are glad to read your posts.  We received a long pre-embarkation email today and were interested in the remarks about masks, the fact that masks are strongly encouraged on the ship, venues where they are required and crew requirement for masks.  We have no issues with any of that but are curious to know if any passengers are wearing masks and if the requirement for certain venues is enforced?